Omar still around. ;)

The Simpsons and Futurama fan art as well as completely original works of art are welcome here. Please post sketches, models, photographs, completed art and everything in between, as long as you're happy with it as a finished item. Constructive criticism is given unless you make clear that you don't want it.
kaspired
Advisory Technical Manager

Re: Omar still around. ;)

Post by kaspired » Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:28 pm

That's a nice sketch.  Are you going to finish it?
if you panic you freeze, if you freeze you crash.
OARRIAGA2001

Post by OARRIAGA2001 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:19 pm

I think I wont for now since I still have a lot of storyboards to do for something I'm working on.   I might, but I wont post it here and that, if done, will be until like a month from now, maybe two if I ever do it, but if you want to give it a try before I do you are welcome.   

I'm glad that you like it being a sketch and all and even while having all of those scribble lines that tend to confuse where everything is going.

PS.  Have you seen the movie?   
Never judge a book by its cover.....
kaspired

Post by kaspired » Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:48 pm

I actually like the sketchy lines.  It makes the drawing alot more interesting, shows the layout, and the work that goes into it.

No I haven't seen the movie and unfortunately don't know the character.  Otherwise I wouldn't mind a go at it.
if you panic you freeze, if you freeze you crash.
OARRIAGA2001

Post by OARRIAGA2001 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:58 pm

I havent named the character yet.  lets just say that she´s just a misc simpson-universe character that for some reason got biological manipulated to look like a Na'vi
Stretch_Dude
Junior Secretariat
Junior Secretariat

Post by Stretch_Dude » Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:58 pm

Opus wrote: lets just say that she´s just a misc simpson-universe character that for some reason got biological manipulated to look like a Na'vi
What.
I memorized "Holy Grail" really well
I can recite it right now and have you ROTFLOL
- "Weird Al" Yankovic, "White and Nerdy"

"Any pile of stunted growth unaware that entertainment is just that and nothing more, deserves to doom themselves to some dank cell, somewhere, for having been so stupid!! Movies, books, T.V., music - they're all just entertainment, not guidebooks for damning yourself!" - Nny

I draw too, dammit!
OARRIAGA2001

Post by OARRIAGA2001 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:19 am

Stretch Dude wrote:
Opus wrote: lets just say that she´s just a misc simpson-universe character that for some reason got biological manipulated to look like a Na'vi
What.

Lol! 

Have you seen Avatar?  Well, the Na'vi are the natives of the Planet Pandora.  They are over 3 mts tall are blue and have tiny shiny spots all over their bodies.  Now, this character I drew is just a miscelaneous Groening style character that resembles the Na'vi female.
Stretch_Dude
Junior Secretariat
Junior Secretariat

Post by Stretch_Dude » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:31 am

Opus wrote: Lol! 

Have you seen Avatar?   Well, the Na'vi are the natives of the Planet Pandora.  They are over 3 mts tall are blue and have tiny shiny spots all over their bodies.   Now, this character I drew is just a miscelaneous Groening style character that resembles the Na'vi female.
Really missing my point. Specifically that this:
...is one of the dumbest ideas I have ever heard.

"Any pile of stunted growth unaware that entertainment is just that and nothing more, deserves to doom themselves to some dank cell, somewhere, for having been so stupid!! Movies, books, T.V., music - they're all just entertainment, not guidebooks for damning yourself!" - Nny

I draw too, dammit!
OARRIAGA2001

Post by OARRIAGA2001 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:42 am

Dumbest ideas...?   Wow  man.  I never expected this kind of a welcome from no one here at this forum.  I'm surprised really.  I have nothing to say against you, but If you think is dumb then for you it is, not for me. 

Gosh man.  I cannot believe this.  you actually replied to this thread just to tell me how dumb my idea was?   
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
archonix
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Post by archonix » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:44 am

Guys? Please?
Our choicest plans have fallen through, our airiest castles tumbled over, because of lines we neatly drew and later neatly stumbled over.
— Piet Hein - Grooks
OARRIAGA2001

Post by OARRIAGA2001 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:49 am

Archonix wrote: Guys? Please?

Graham, I'm not saying anything wrong in here.  I do respect his idea , but It does feel weird for a welcome after so long of me not posting here at all.  thats all, now lets just forget this and go on please.  I'll appreciate feedback if you could.  concrit is ok about desing proportion anything related to the piece itself, and why not if you think is a dumb idea well, I accept that,  but I will like to see something else besides the dumb idea thing, like:   "is a dumb idea but the proportions are all wrong" or something like that.  or the legs are wrong because they are too long.  the perspective is off.  something more deep than just trying to put the artist down with replies that really dont me give any constructive criticism at all.
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stretch_Dude
Junior Secretariat
Junior Secretariat

Post by Stretch_Dude » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:53 am

Opus wrote: Dumbest ideas...?   Wow  man.  I never expected this kind of a welcome from no one here at this forum.  I'm surprised really.  I have nothing to say against you, but If you think is dumb then for you it is, not for me. 

Gosh man.  I cannot believe this.  you actually reply to this thread just to tell me how dumb my idea is.   
All right, let me elaborate. You decreed the drawing to be, and I directly quote, "a misc simpson-universe character that for some reason got biological manipulated to look like a Na'vi."

That is needless and fairly ridiculous, not to mention completely out of place in the Simpsons universe. Why not just say it's a Groening-style Na'vi? You're allowed to do that. I just can't fathom why you would concoct such an over-the-top explanation when a much simpler one was at hand.

I draw too, dammit!
OARRIAGA2001

Post by OARRIAGA2001 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:55 am

Thats easy to explain.  I didnt because English is not my first language, and perhaps I was on a hurry.
archonix
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Post by archonix » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:56 am

Ok I'll put it in simple terms.

DROP IT. BOTH OF YOU. NOW.
Our choicest plans have fallen through, our airiest castles tumbled over, because of lines we neatly drew and later neatly stumbled over.
— Piet Hein - Grooks
OARRIAGA2001

Post by OARRIAGA2001 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:00 am

Ok, lets forget about the arguing now.  Sorry Graham.  I do have a question though.  Is it ok for this piece to stay here or is it bringing inconformity around you guys?
archonix
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Post by archonix » Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:01 am

It's fine to stay here.
— Piet Hein - Grooks