Darth Bob?

The Simpsons and Futurama fan art as well as completely original works of art are welcome here. Please post sketches, models, photographs, completed art and everything in between, as long as you're happy with it as a finished item. Constructive criticism is given unless you make clear that you don't want it.
Mel
New SNPP Employee
New SNPP Employee

Darth Bob?

Post by Mel » Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:39 pm

Bear in mind that these were both drawn in ballpoint pen (blue, no less), and photographed with a digital camera in order to get them into my computer, as I have no scanner.

'Mask and the Mirror' was inspired by a Loreena McKennitt song I was listening to. There's no real story for it beyond that. I'm not terribly pleased with it; I may do some more shading work on that one.

'Darth Bob'....well. I intended to use it as a quick drawing to get back into using Gimp and doing digital art in general. The thing that annoys me most about this one (other than the background being too cluttered) would be the fact that the background took WAY longer for me to create than the actual drawing/shading took. XP The background was photomanipped together out of five different stock images and a couple of Gimp tutorials.

I'm not greatly pleased with the pose; I intended for it to be at least a *little* more dynamic, but this is what came out.

I posted the background without Bob on my deviantart, if anyone wants a too-cluttered wallpaper. :\
Attachments
Needs more work.  Less said about this one the better.
Needs more work. Less said about this one the better.
ARGH SO MUCH BACKGROUND!!!
ARGH SO MUCH BACKGROUND!!!
----------------------

Sweet Loki in a Bottle!