Homer sketches

The Simpsons and Futurama fan art as well as completely original works of art are welcome here. Please post sketches, models, photographs, completed art and everything in between, as long as you're happy with it as a finished item. Constructive criticism is given unless you make clear that you don't want it.
Morpheus306
New SNPP Employee
New SNPP Employee

Homer sketches

Post by Morpheus306 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:28 pm

Hey there everyone, I just wanted to share with you all some sketches I made of Homer. Using my knowledge of the model I thought it would be fun to draw him in my own style. Here it is ...http://morpheus306.deviantart.com/#/d4a1tkb

enjoy!
archonix
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Re: Homer sketches

Post by archonix » Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:44 pm

Reminds me a lot of the first season animation style.
Our choicest plans have fallen through, our airiest castles tumbled over, because of lines we neatly drew and later neatly stumbled over.
— Piet Hein - Grooks
fellranger
Senior Technical Supervisor
Senior Technical Supervisor

Post by fellranger » Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:26 pm

Oh yeah, you stretch things a lot more, like they did early on. I always liked that early Simpsons animation, a little less slick but very expressive. Good stuff. :homer:
There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning....
And that, I think, was the handle - that sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn't need that. Our energy would simply prevail. There was no point in fighting - on our side or theirs. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave....
So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look West, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high-water mark - that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back.

Hunter S. Thompson Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
Vicky

Post by Vicky » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:04 pm

I hope you draw more of the characters looking like this.
Morpheus306
New SNPP Employee
New SNPP Employee

Post by Morpheus306 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:04 am

Here are some sketches of Marge! http://morpheus306.deviantart.com/#/d4ag3wg
archonix
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Post by archonix » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:04 am

heehee, bowling ball, nice ref. :D
Our choicest plans have fallen through, our airiest castles tumbled over, because of lines we neatly drew and later neatly stumbled over.
— Piet Hein - Grooks
Vicky

Post by Vicky » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:59 pm

I think the bottom right one is definately my favourite, such a dynamic pose. But they're all great, really. Your drawings always inspire me. :D