Apu´s Kiwk-E-Mart diorama

The Simpsons and Futurama fan art as well as completely original works of art are welcome here. Please post sketches, models, photographs, completed art and everything in between, as long as you're happy with it as a finished item. Constructive criticism is given unless you make clear that you don't want it.
benderobot
New SNPP Employee
New SNPP Employee

Apu´s Kiwk-E-Mart diorama

Post by benderobot » Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:56 pm

Hi, I´ve just finished my new dio, Apu´s kwik-e-mart from the Simpsons, to place the figures from playmates.
This time I used balsa wood, fimo, polyfoam, cardboard and a new material, transparent pvc, to make the big window, doors, microwave, donuts expositor and jerky pots to appear crystal like.
It was very funny, because kwik-e-mart has a lot of tiny things to make but also it took a lot of time and work, mostly donuts and magazines.
I´m a simpsons fanatic so I had to make a dio, I hope you like it.

archonix
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Re: Apu´s Kiwk-E-Mart diorama

Post by archonix » Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:46 pm

Haaahaha! That last one made me laugh for ages.

I'm impressed! And jealous, all those details and the sheer quality of this are just smashing. :)
Our choicest plans have fallen through, our airiest castles tumbled over, because of lines we neatly drew and later neatly stumbled over.
— Piet Hein - Grooks
fellranger
Senior Technical Supervisor
Senior Technical Supervisor

Post by fellranger » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:27 pm

That's awesome! I'm seriously impressed by your attention to detail...right down to tiny hotdogs!
There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning....
And that, I think, was the handle - that sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn't need that. Our energy would simply prevail. There was no point in fighting - on our side or theirs. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave....
So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look West, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high-water mark - that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back.

Hunter S. Thompson Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
benderobot
New SNPP Employee
New SNPP Employee

Post by benderobot » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:35 pm

Thank you for your words!!! :bart: :lisa: It was a tough work but if you like what you´re doing it´s easier to do.
AssistantCrone
Sub-sector Control Officer
Sub-sector Control Officer

Post by AssistantCrone » Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:19 am

That is amazing detail, and good proportion too. I love how you've even included the view outside.
"Now, I know art is all about expressing ourselves, but today we're going to express ourselves by getting it right." --DB
missy_misery
Sector Control Officer
Sector Control Officer

Post by missy_misery » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:50 am

Stunning! The miniaturist in me is drooling in envy!
Now known as Lisabella! (Or Missy.  Missy's good.)

Creator of the Waving Universe

Crack!Fic, The Marge Simpson Way: "Just then, Sir Lancelot rode up on a white horse and saved Joan of Arc.  They got married and lived in a spaceship.  The end." - Tales from the Public Domain, "Hot Child In The City"