Fernie's fantastic jukebox

Take part in our Round Robins. Please note the rules for participating in the robins
SirMustapha
Junior Secretariat
Junior Secretariat

Re:Fernie's fantastic jukebox

Post by SirMustapha » Sat May 10, 2003 10:11 pm

Okay, if anyone's interested, I've finished a little new song here. It's called "Wet Feathers", and it was made for one of Rich's scenes. Since I've changed my web hosting site, I can link it from here instead of attaching, so there ya go. ;)

www.midicorner.hpg.ig.com.br/WetFeathers.mid

Enjoy! :)
"I know that the bourgeoisie stinks, but it has money to buy perfume."
-- Falcão
Sheana_Molloy
Bootlick
Bootlick

Post by Sheana_Molloy » Sat May 10, 2003 10:46 pm

I like, I like. ;D

Trace said he didn't see himself as an icon, but wanted to be a logo. Frank settled for being a font.
--MST3K interview

Peter Grant:  I'm the manager of Led Zeppelin!
Bob Dylan:  I don't come to you with my problems.
D.B.
Sub Lt
Sub Lt

Post by D.B. » Sat May 10, 2003 11:02 pm

short and sweet :)
"The way to succeed is to get born at the right time and in the right place. If you can do that then you are bound to succeed. You have to be receptive and have some talent as well."
- Sydney Brenner
fellranger
Senior Technical Supervisor
Senior Technical Supervisor

Post by fellranger » Sat May 17, 2003 3:33 pm

Well' I've finally got round to listening to the lot (so far!) and I must say, I'm impressed. You're doing some amazingly complicated work there, with some really inventive chord and melodic progressions.

Ride:

For me, this was the most striking. It's great, the way the song builds up around that arpeggiated chord progression with that underlying drone-like bass. Carrying on that chord progression through the song really pulls it all together....very clever. I like the way that at a couple of points you pull everything back to just the drone and a few sparse notes before building it all back up again....real "light and shade". And then..................BANG! it launches into the up-tempo solo section.....a technical masterpiece. I especially like the way the drums seem to follow the lead instrument.....very Keith Moon!

Gloom:

A beautifully mellow song. I like the way the chimes are panned left in the mix.....very distinctive.

Someday:

Also nice and mellow but with an underlying tension, I thought. I think it's in that descending bass progression, early on......it adds a real dynamic edge to the song.

Wet Feathers:

Again, a lovely arpeggiated chord sequence and a cool tremelo effect on the organ. The highlight for me is the way the organ builds up and comes forward in the mix in the latter stages of the song.
Well worthy of the scene it represents.

Not a Good Day:

I think this song is a great example of how a simple change in chord progression can have such an effect on emotion. To me, it seems to start out quite melancholic but metamorphasising (sp?) to a more hopeful feel. Beautiful.

Just a Feather:

Wow! I didn't exactly find it easy listening ;) but it's amazingly complex and really captures the panic and confusion of Lisa's nightmare.

Watching:

Again, to me this song has an outwardly positive feel with an underlying tension, set up, I think, by the relationship between the melody and it's backing chords. To be able to do that shows real ability and it really makes the song.

Well, what can I say? These songs are highly impressive, both from a technical and an artistic point of view.
WE WANT MORE!!!!!!!!!!! ;D
There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning....
And that, I think, was the handle - that sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn't need that. Our energy would simply prevail. There was no point in fighting - on our side or theirs. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave....
So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look West, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high-water mark - that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back.

Hunter S. Thompson Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
SirMustapha
Junior Secretariat
Junior Secretariat

Post by SirMustapha » Sat May 17, 2003 6:11 pm

Gee, thanks for the comments! Not only because they're positive, but because of the details you pointed out. Stuff like that make me even discover aspects of my songs that I hadn't noticed before. :) Thanks a lot.

And well, if you want more, there is a bunch of new ones coming out soon. Such comments make me very motivated. ;)
-- Falcão
SirMustapha
Junior Secretariat
Junior Secretariat

Post by SirMustapha » Mon Jun 16, 2003 3:18 am

Wow, It's been more than a month! :) Anyway, there it is, a new song! This one's Long Path To Collapse, the song that represents the part that Jenny wrote, after Lisa wakes up from the nightmare, right up to her collapse and waking up at the hospital. It is more or less like A Ride, but with no pseudo-psychedelic-faux-progressive-rock improvisation at the end (how's that expression, eh? Eh?). This one took quite a lot to come out, and I somehow feel it will sound better only when I record it into WAV, so we'll have to wait and see. ;)

For now, enjoy!
-- Falcão
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling
Custom Title: future Neuralink chassis

Post by c_nordlander » Mon Jun 16, 2003 6:20 pm

Finally, a computer with a sound system to match the quality of your music!

"Someday": This is my kind of music all right. It's... beautiful, somehow introspective without being too flummy. The underlying piano is going to stick with me for a long time, I feel. And how could I not love the way it slows down to the end?

I will listen to the others sometime later. I can only take so much sensory stimulance every day...
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

-- Mother Mother, "Business Man"

Now offering writing commissions! Fanfiction or original, PM me for more information.
iljb22
New SNPP Employee
New SNPP Employee

Post by iljb22 » Mon Jun 16, 2003 11:21 pm

i dont get it, whats everyone talkin about?
kjkljkljlkjklnknmnm,nm,n,.mn,mnm,n,mn,mn
SirMustapha
Junior Secretariat
Junior Secretariat

Post by SirMustapha » Tue Jun 17, 2003 11:38 am

We're talking about MUZAK, eh, ahem, that is, Music. I'm writing a musical suite for the "Wings" round robin, and I'm posting the songs here. Go to my homepage if you're curious.
-- Falcão
SirMustapha
Junior Secretariat
Junior Secretariat

Post by SirMustapha » Tue Jun 17, 2003 7:11 pm

Oh, I almost forgot, thanks for your comment, Chris. :) I'm glad you liked the song.
-- Falcão
msj2487
Safety Technician
Safety Technician

Post by msj2487 » Sun Jun 29, 2003 4:23 pm

nice
"That's how ya learn, by askin questions ya dumbass!" --Carl

"I've seen teams suck before, but they were the suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked." --Homer

"How can I prove we're live..........Penis!" --Kent Brockman
SirMustapha
Junior Secretariat
Junior Secretariat

NEW SONG! NEW SONG!

Post by SirMustapha » Tue Oct 07, 2003 8:15 pm

Wings isn't dead! Mwahahaha...

... Yeah, here's the song. It's called "The Reunion", and I guess you'll know which part it's related to. This one's fairly big, and will open the Third part of the suite. I'm quite fond of this tume. Plus, its length will mean the other tunes on the third part can be pretty small. ;D

I hope you enjoy. ;)
Attachments

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

-- Falcão
Sheana_Molloy
Bootlick
Bootlick

Post by Sheana_Molloy » Wed Oct 08, 2003 6:56 pm

Ooh, I had a listen last night. Good stuff, Fern. ;D

Trace said he didn't see himself as an icon, but wanted to be a logo. Frank settled for being a font.
--MST3K interview

Peter Grant:  I'm the manager of Led Zeppelin!
Bob Dylan:  I don't come to you with my problems.
SirMustapha
Junior Secretariat
Junior Secretariat

Wings project Update!

Post by SirMustapha » Fri Nov 21, 2003 10:31 am

I've finished composing the third part of the Wings Suite. It's 10 minutes long, with 5 pieces, including The Reunion. I'll start recording it as soon as possible, and maybe you'll have the MP3's the weekend after this one. ;)
-- Falcão