"Wings" discussion thread

Take part in our Round Robins. Please note the rules for participating in the robins
gkscotty
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Re:"Wings" discussion thread

Post by gkscotty » Tue Apr 22, 2003 11:53 am

Well, Alex has had his three days, at least... so officially you can go ahead DB.

Come on peeps, lets get the list built up again. Anyone volunteering?

1) DB
2) Steven

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone’s fault. If it was Us, what did that make Me? After all, I’m one of Us. I must be. I’ve certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We’re always one of Us. It’s Them that do bad things. - Jingo, Terry Pratchett
D.B.
Sub Lt
Sub Lt

Post by D.B. » Tue Apr 22, 2003 2:03 pm

okey-doke. I've actually written a bit of it this morning, so fingers crossed it'll be there in a day or so.
"The way to succeed is to get born at the right time and in the right place. If you can do that then you are bound to succeed. You have to be receptive and have some talent as well."
- Sydney Brenner
D.B.
Sub Lt
Sub Lt

Post by D.B. » Thu Apr 24, 2003 7:04 pm

*posts*

Dear god, that spiralled completely out of control :P. Sorry about that, didn't realise it had become sooooo long.

I'm also not quite sure I've got the last section quite right. Actually I'm dubious about all of it, but there you go. :-\

(Incidentally, I'm meant to be revising. Could anyone have guessed? ::))

*goes to sleep*
"The way to succeed is to get born at the right time and in the right place. If you can do that then you are bound to succeed. You have to be receptive and have some talent as well."
- Sydney Brenner
gkscotty
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Post by gkscotty » Thu Apr 24, 2003 9:53 pm

Oooh, excellent, if very long, part. Not that the length is a complaint. ;-)

Lots of great, funny and cute scenes.

How the hell am I supposed to follow this up? :-)

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone’s fault. If it was Us, what did that make Me? After all, I’m one of Us. I must be. I’ve certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We’re always one of Us. It’s Them that do bad things. - Jingo, Terry Pratchett
SirMustapha
Junior Secretariat
Junior Secretariat

Post by SirMustapha » Fri Apr 25, 2003 1:22 pm

Wow......... long. I think I'll have to make a *double* album for "Wings" now. ;D
"I know that the bourgeoisie stinks, but it has money to buy perfume."
-- Falcão
fellranger
Senior Technical Supervisor

Post by fellranger » Wed May 07, 2003 9:08 pm

How's the Wings project going Fernie? My attempts at a LF song cycle have hit a bit of a brick wall at the moment what with work and stuff. Unfortunately that's not uncommon as far as my songwriting goes......I start writing songs but find it very hard to finish them. I'll be investing in a new mixer fairly soon so that might just give me the kick up the arse that I need!
There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning....
And that, I think, was the handle - that sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn't need that. Our energy would simply prevail. There was no point in fighting - on our side or theirs. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave....
So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look West, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high-water mark - that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back.

Hunter S. Thompson Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
SirMustapha
Junior Secretariat
Junior Secretariat

Post by SirMustapha » Thu May 08, 2003 2:04 pm

The Wings project is going fairly well. I have a good number of songs completed, and have more or less a good vision of how the next stuff is going to be. It's not going as fast as I desire, but it's going on. There are eight songs in my website www.midicorner.hpg.ig.com.br if you're interested. Hope your work goes well, too. :)
"I know that the bourgeoisie stinks, but it has money to buy perfume."
-- Falcão
gkscotty
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Post by gkscotty » Thu Oct 16, 2003 3:03 pm

Took long enough for me to update, didn't it?

I'd prefer it if you didn;t do too much to the newsman. Broken arm and a bump on the head, I was thinking. :-)

fellranger

Post by fellranger » Sun Oct 19, 2003 8:53 pm

Yes! Yes! Wings Lives!
There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning....
And that, I think, was the handle - that sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn't need that. Our energy would simply prevail. There was no point in fighting - on our side or theirs. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave....
So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look West, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high-water mark - that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back.

Hunter S. Thompson Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
gkscotty
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Post by gkscotty » Mon Oct 20, 2003 12:08 am

Lets see if anyone notices. ;)

D.B.
Sub Lt
Sub Lt

Post by D.B. » Mon Oct 20, 2003 9:17 pm

We all noticed :).

Anyway, like I said it's a good little piece, and it's about time the media got involved. Plus there's probably a really good scene when she goes to church, waiting for someone to come along and write...
*pokes other board members.*
- Sydney Brenner
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling
Custom Title: We have space marines at home

Post by c_nordlander » Tue Jul 06, 2004 10:28 am

Stargate SG-1! YAY! I was waiting for when someone would introduce that into Patty&Selma's lives...

Thanks a lot, Rich!
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Jul 06, 2004 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

-- Mother Mother, "Business Man"

Now offering writing commissions! Fanfiction or original, PM me for more information.
D.B.
Sub Lt
Sub Lt

Post by D.B. » Tue Jul 06, 2004 10:34 am

Wow...that came out of nowhere. ;D

What can I say, it was rather splendid. I near collapsed reading the bit about Maggie and Aunt Selma. Bart as well :D

So, yeah - cheers for posting!
- Sydney Brenner
gkscotty
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Post by gkscotty » Wed Jul 07, 2004 12:00 am

I almost completely forgot to say... GREAT addition, Rich! It's good to have a complete left turn, slice of life part in such a complexly plotted and angsty story. :-)

Now, who's next? ;-)

Dagdamor

Re: "Wings" discussion thread

Post by Dagdamor » Thu Oct 13, 2005 5:34 am

Man, wish I could write next part for the story. But I see some problems here:
1. It's already too long. Not many people will read up to my piece anyway ;)
2. You took away Lisa's ability to fly! You ba- *bites his own hand*
3. There are extra characters appeared, I have no idea why and how to develop them.