"Wings" discussion thread

Take part in our Round Robins. Please note the rules for participating in the robins
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling
Custom Title: We have space marines at home

Re: "Wings" discussion thread

Post by c_nordlander » Tue Dec 31, 2002 10:33 am

OK, I've posted my most ungrammatical piece of writing ever in the public domain.  :) Hope it advances plot or something. There's Homer... and multiple exclamation marks and stuff.
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

-- Mother Mother, "Business Man"

Now offering writing commissions! Fanfiction or original, PM me for more information.
SirMustapha
Junior Secretariat
Junior Secretariat

Post by SirMustapha » Tue Dec 31, 2002 1:48 pm

Yup, I guess it does advance the plot. I'll be taking it over from here. My part will be posted tomorrow. I would post it on Thursday if I could, but I'll be enjoying BEEEEEEEEEAAAAAACH...

... yeah.
"I know that the bourgeoisie stinks, but it has money to buy perfume."
-- Falcão
SirMustapha
Junior Secretariat
Junior Secretariat

Post by SirMustapha » Sat Jan 04, 2003 7:23 pm

I truly appreciate your feedback, Rich, I really do. My English is still on development stages, and such feedback really helps. If possible, I'll try to do some polishing in my chapters eventually.
"I know that the bourgeoisie stinks, but it has money to buy perfume."
-- Falcão
gkscotty
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Post by gkscotty » Sat Jan 04, 2003 8:15 pm

Sorry about the extremely brief post. I completely forgot it was my turn.

BTW, the list is now empty again.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone’s fault. If it was Us, what did that make Me? After all, I’m one of Us. I must be. I’ve certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We’re always one of Us. It’s Them that do bad things. - Jingo, Terry Pratchett
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling

Post by c_nordlander » Sun Jan 05, 2003 5:59 am

If so... list me!
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

Now offering writing commissions! Fanfiction or original, PM me for more information.
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling

Post by c_nordlander » Mon Jan 06, 2003 3:28 pm

Well, I've added the new bit now. Anyone else want to have a go?
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

D.B.
Sub Lt
Sub Lt

Post by D.B. » Mon Jan 13, 2003 11:33 am

lol. I love the Hans Christian Andersen and Burns ones. Mmm, daughter wings...

And i never realised Chris had posted another bit (spot who's paying attention ::)) I reckon that's probably the best bit you've done, particulally Burns conversation with the reporter (less certain about Wysthan Chastelard, but he could work). But then again I've liked all of it so far...
...which is my way of prodding you all and saying I would love to see it keep on going. Though I guess since Uni/school has just restarted for lots of people it's bound to slow down a little. But anyway, I'll keep watching with great interest.
"The way to succeed is to get born at the right time and in the right place. If you can do that then you are bound to succeed. You have to be receptive and have some talent as well."
- Sydney Brenner
D.B.
Sub Lt
Sub Lt

Post by D.B. » Mon Jan 13, 2003 6:43 pm

And, since nobody is in the queue, that will be me. :)
oh good  :)
"The way to succeed is to get born at the right time and in the right place. If you can do that then you are bound to succeed. You have to be receptive and have some talent as well."
- Sydney Brenner
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling

Post by c_nordlander » Tue Jan 14, 2003 5:58 am

OK. I know. It wasn't very good, you can remove it if you want...

And DB, I wouldn't have introduced Wysthan if I hadn't got anything in mind for him.  :)

EDIT: Great new segment! The bit with Milhouse gave me a few laughs, and... well, cheers for bringing Lindsay Naegle into it. I almost feel personally flattered. Very true to life, somehow.
Last edited by c_nordlander on Thu Jan 01, 1970 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

D.B.
Sub Lt
Sub Lt

Post by D.B. » Tue Jan 14, 2003 10:54 am

OK. I know. It wasn't very good, you can remove it if you want...
I think that's the opposite of what I said...

And yes, the new segment is great Rich. Lindsay guilt tripping Lisa about medical bills then appearing to be on her side with the special soap/telling skinner to get her a better chair was delightfully cynical. And Skinner and his newspapers had me in stitches
- Sydney Brenner
gkscotty
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Post by gkscotty » Tue Jan 14, 2003 7:33 pm

It's definitely a great bit, Rich. I'd like to go next.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone’s fault. If it was Us, what did that make Me? After all, I’m one of Us. I must be. I’ve certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We’re always one of Us. It’s Them that do bad things. - Jingo, Terry Pratchett
gkscotty
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Post by gkscotty » Fri Jan 17, 2003 3:02 pm

Sorry, but I really don't feel like writing right now... not inspired at all. I'll have to forfiet my turn. Again.

Not setting a good example now am I?

gkscotty
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Post by gkscotty » Tue Jan 21, 2003 7:52 am

Well, it's late, but since nobody else has asked to take over and I have a few spare hours, I've wrote the next part. Sorry I've not actually moved the story on much, mostly an introspective piece this.

D.B.
Sub Lt
Sub Lt

Post by D.B. » Thu Jan 23, 2003 10:16 pm

right, i've decided to have a go at writing a bit of this. but as the least experienced writer here i'm really dubious as to whether I'll get a segment i'm happy with in three days, so don't hold your breaths  :-/
Last edited by D.B. on Thu Jan 01, 1970 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
- Sydney Brenner
gkscotty
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Post by gkscotty » Sat Jan 25, 2003 9:49 am

Don't worry about hurrying DB. Nobody's in the queue.