Tell me...

Take part in our Round Robins. Please note the rules for participating in the robins
gkscotty
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Tell me...

Post by gkscotty » Sat Dec 14, 2002 12:14 pm

How many people would like to see the wings weirdfic made into a Round Robin? Would you want to write in it?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone’s fault. If it was Us, what did that make Me? After all, I’m one of Us. I must be. I’ve certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We’re always one of Us. It’s Them that do bad things. - Jingo, Terry Pratchett
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling
Custom Title: We have space marines at home

Re: Tell me...

Post by c_nordlander » Sat Dec 14, 2002 1:08 pm

You know that I like this idea, and I would sure want to try, but... your beginning, then Jenny's continuation, it'd be hell to live up to.

Still, I'm ready to do anything to see this wonderful story continue.
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

-- Mother Mother, "Business Man"

Now offering writing commissions! Fanfiction or original, PM me for more information.
Marco

Post by Marco » Sat Dec 14, 2002 1:10 pm

I call myself out (if i had the talent, i would've asked to continue that a long time ago).
useless rant removed
Last edited by Marco on Thu Jan 01, 1970 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sheana_Molloy
Bootlick
Bootlick

Post by Sheana_Molloy » Sat Dec 14, 2002 1:41 pm

I dunno....my curiousity is piqued by the possibility, but I'm not sure if we could keep it going at a smooth pace.

Trace said he didn't see himself as an icon, but wanted to be a logo. Frank settled for being a font.
--MST3K interview

Peter Grant:  I'm the manager of Led Zeppelin!
Bob Dylan:  I don't come to you with my problems.
gkscotty
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Post by gkscotty » Sat Dec 14, 2002 1:57 pm

Well, I have a method in mind for pacing it.

There is a queue. You add your name to the queue. When it's your turn, you have 3 days in which to write and submit a section of any length.

You can post your part early of course. You may not post out of turn. You may forfiet your turn but that sends you back out of the queue.

In the event of an awful idea being used that nobody wants to follow up on, if the next three authors all call a "no way" then the previous chapter is removed or amended. This is intended for extreme situations only.

The aim of this schedule is to keep the story rolling - everyone knows whose turn it is, there's no chance of two people writing different things at the same time. Every author who adds their name is challenged to continue from where the last part ended - it's a game. Writing certainly doesn't need to be perfect, so long as the story moves forward.

(if people would like to write I can start building the list now. Any names?)

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone’s fault. If it was Us, what did that make Me? After all, I’m one of Us. I must be. I’ve certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We’re always one of Us. It’s Them that do bad things. - Jingo, Terry Pratchett
Sheana_Molloy
Bootlick
Bootlick

Post by Sheana_Molloy » Sat Dec 14, 2002 3:13 pm

Sounds like a plan.  %4)

I dunno if I want to be on the list yet....I think I'll just stay on the side lines for a bit and watch.

Trace said he didn't see himself as an icon, but wanted to be a logo. Frank settled for being a font.
--MST3K interview

Peter Grant:  I'm the manager of Led Zeppelin!
Bob Dylan:  I don't come to you with my problems.
SirMustapha
Junior Secretariat
Junior Secretariat

Post by SirMustapha » Sat Dec 14, 2002 3:22 pm

Kinda caught me on surprise. That's one darn big responsibility.

I've been thinking, maybe we should do the Round Robin with the weirdfic. I say, it would be a great exercise on such a nice idea. But since the final result can be quite messy, and matching the quality of the already complete portion is a hell of a challenge, we could choose some people to, uh, "polish" the final result, you know. We'll be probably having a lot of ideas, and since they can end up naturally disconected, we could transform it into one big solid fic written by everyone. In the end, we would have 2 final products: The Round Robin in its pure form and one "real" fic. What do you think?
"I know that the bourgeoisie stinks, but it has money to buy perfume."
-- Falcão
gkscotty
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Post by gkscotty » Sat Dec 14, 2002 4:09 pm

Edit the robin when it's done.
yeah, sounds good.

c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling
Custom Title: We have space marines at home

Post by c_nordlander » Sat Dec 14, 2002 4:16 pm

That is a very good suggestion, Fernando.

Put me on the list. Uh... not right at the start... I mean... hey, since when did I get this wimpy? Put me on the list.  :)
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

-- Mother Mother, "Business Man"

Now offering writing commissions! Fanfiction or original, PM me for more information.
SirMustapha
Junior Secretariat
Junior Secretariat

Post by SirMustapha » Sat Dec 14, 2002 4:21 pm

I think we will have a little trouble deciding who'll start the Robin... :uhdrop:

Well, I'll probably want to contribute also, but it's a bit early to make conclusions.
-- Falcão
gkscotty
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Post by gkscotty » Sat Dec 14, 2002 6:18 pm

OKay. I'm almost ready to start this. But before I do I need two things.

1) A longer List. The current list is...

Christina
(added) Fernando
(added) Steven
(added) Child

2) How about having some fun? After each part was posted, the author could be awarded points by readers for particulary good characterisation, plot twists, or comedy. Sound good?

And how are the posted rules? To everyone's liking?
Last edited by gkscotty on Thu Jan 01, 1970 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

SirMustapha
Junior Secretariat
Junior Secretariat

Post by SirMustapha » Sat Dec 14, 2002 6:31 pm

Points? That's a great idea. I liked.

Hmm... hmm... Okay, put me on the list after Chris.
-- Falcão
gkscotty
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Post by gkscotty » Sat Dec 14, 2002 6:37 pm

I'll go next.

hadisia
General Control Officer
General Control Officer

Post by hadisia » Sun Dec 15, 2002 1:21 am

I'd like to join, too! Whee!
WELSH: What the hell was that?
FRASER: The sound of a grown man squealing in a manner not becoming a member of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.
WELSH: Oh, Turnbull.
-"Mountie Sings the Blues," due SOUTH
D.B.
Sub Lt
Sub Lt

Post by D.B. » Sun Dec 15, 2002 12:19 pm

Lord, I go away for a day and you add a whole new board.  ;D

Yeah, i think its a good idea. Haven't done one of these since I was about 11 though, so I'll do what Sheana's doing for the minute. 3 days is a bit short though IMHO, maybe 4 or 5, dunno if anyone else agrees.

But basically i'm all for it.  :)
"The way to succeed is to get born at the right time and in the right place. If you can do that then you are bound to succeed. You have to be receptive and have some talent as well."
- Sydney Brenner