Comedy/Drama: "Lisa's Diary"

Take part in our Round Robins. Please note the rules for participating in the robins
addictive
Safety Technician
Safety Technician

Comedy/Drama: "Lisa's Diary"

Post by addictive » Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:20 am

This RR will be entries in Lisa's diary, you can take it any way you want, within reason. Be sure to write things that DIDN'T happen in the show. Remember, SHE'S STILL 8 YEARS OLD!

June 15

Well, I haven't gotten to write in this in a really long time, so I guess I'll start again now. School got out a few days ago, and I'm okay with that. As long as the Middle School is being renovated, I'll still be in second grade. It's been years! What's taking them so long? Anyway, I've come to like it. I guess it gets easier every year! Like always, I got straight A's again. Nobody cared. Again. Bart glued Principal Skinner to his chair as a last-day-of-school prank, and I was one of the people who helped him out. It was actually pretty funny. I may actually have regrets about helping him! Nah, I wouldn't go THAT far. I went to Janey's house yesterday, that was fun. Her mom makes the best baked pretzels! I can still taste it! I've been getting lazy on playing my sax lately, so I'm going to play it again today, maybe even write a new song! That always helps me feel better. Bart is playing bonestorm 3 with Milhouse, and Bart is winning, I think. Well, I'd better start playing my saxaphone, so I'll end with this: I hope the rest of the summer will be really relaxing.

June 16,

Where did Bart put my saxophone?! I couldn't play yesterday because he hid it. Normally I can find it within minutes, but he really hid it good this time. Ugh, I hate it when he does this. But, I hid his slingshot, so now it's even! Well, anyway, I can't wait for tomorrow, because the Itchy and scratchy T.V marathon comes on! I'm so excited! Plus, Dad is taking me and Bart to a Jazz festival! No, he didn't want to, but Mom made him. Either way, I'm still going! You know, I've been reading so much, I'm considering starting my own book! I'm still unsure, but I'm going to think about it.

June 17,

Well, the Jazz festival was postponed because of the rain. I was ready for 5 hours of musical bliss! But, I'm okay with it. Because the itchy and scratchy matathon is coming on soon! 200 episodes of my favorite cat and mouse! Oh, yeah, I found my saxophone. It was at Mr. Flander's house. I can finally play again! You know, I can't figure it out. Bart was in a band once, so why does he still resent my music? Is it jealousy? Probably. Can't say for sure, but deep down, I bet he still likes music. Dad's trying to fix a leak in the basement right now, I wonder how that's going. Well, the marathon is coming on in a few minutes, so I'd better go. Bye!

June 18,

Dear diary, as I write this, I am in the hospital emergency waiting room. As you may have already guessed, something tragic has happened. Yesterday, when my dad was fixing the leak, he fell off the ladder, and almost cracked his skull open. We're still not sure if he is going to make it or not; Doctor Hibbert is doing the best he can. He said it was one of the worst bone fractures he's seen in years, which worries me all the more. In about an hour, if the surgery is sucessful, they will let us see him. Minutes tick by, and questions are still tormenting me. What will happen if Dad dies? What would WE do? I close this with a humble wish: That my dad can survive.
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Find Me, A poem by Chris Dominowski.

If I am lost, and you do not care, will the search ever be fair?
Why am I here? What should I do?
The answer to this, I once knew.
Why should I be found if I always must hide?
I have tried so hard, my soul has died.
Over the years, In fear I have drowned. It is finally clear; I cannot be found.

Human, a poem by Chris dominowski

I wear sunglasses at night, but I carry a flashlight.
I turn from the flame, but stare at the ashes.
I walk into the woods, and never touch the trail.
I always look at my calander, but do not care what day it is.
I am the mixture of light and darkness; I am human.

Lady_Simpson
Trainee Technician
Trainee Technician

Re: Comedy/Drama: "Lisa's Diary"

Post by Lady_Simpson » Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:47 pm

July 9th

My father is alive.  Is it for the better?  I don't even know.  His scull fracture is healed, but the brain damage may be permanent.  It kills me inside to look at him, just lying there, helpless and unable to feed himself.  This isn't the dad I know.  Dr. Hibbert isn't sure when - or if - he'll come out of the coma.  This is torture.  Mom's given up on crying now, she just sits and stares with dull eyes.  And Bart refuses to even come with us to the hospital anymore.  He and Dad didn't always get along, but I can't believe that my own brother would be that insensitive.  This man raised us!  Okay, not always that well, but his heart was in the right place no matter what.
Oh Dad...
Homer: Marge? Since I'm not talking to Lisa, would you please ask her to pass me the syrup?
Marge: Dear, please pass your father the syrup, Lisa.
Lisa: Bart, tell Dad I will only pass the syrup if it won't be used on any meat product.
Bart: You dunkin' your sausages in that syrup homeboy?
Homer: Marge, tell Bart I just want to drink a nice glass of syrup like I do every morning.
Marge: Tell him yourself, you're ignoring Lisa, not Bart.
Homer: Bart, thank your mother for pointing that out.
Marge: Homer, you're not not-talking to me and secondly I heard what you said.
Homer: Lisa, tell your mother to get off my case.
Bart: Uhhh, dad, Lisa's the one you're not talking to.
Homer: Bart, go to your room.
addictive
Safety Technician
Safety Technician

Post by addictive » Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:55 am

July 10,

I spent last night awake, watching Dad trying to go to sleep. With all the pain he is still in, he couldn't get to sleep, either. All I can think of right now is poor dad. He cannot even talk now, as the effects of brain damage have harmed him worse than any of us could have ever imagined. Mr. Burns refuses to fufill the company's health benifit policy, the cold-hearted devil. I thought no one could look into that naive face and not at least feel some form of remorse. I was wrong. When I came home tonight, I opened Bart's door slightly. I saw him, curled up on his bed, not moving. He was crying. Not a "I'm-in-trouble" kind of cry, but a more hopeless one, even dare I say, frightened. I had never seen him cry before. It was not of his nature to do so. They say in times of great stress, you see your life flashing before your eyes. I could look in Bart's eyes, and I saw him and Dad playing catch in the backyard, Dad pushing him on the swing, and them just hugging each other, among other happy memories that they had together. All I could do was wacth. To watch and wait as I stared at him, I was not excatly sure what I was waiting for, but something for sure. Eventually, Bart saw me and uttered in his weakest voice, "Please, Lis. I-I need some time alone." I then went back to my room. Now I have 2 images that will stay in my mind forever: Bart laying on his bed, hopeless and terrified, and Dad, in the hospital room, fighting for his life.
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lady_Simpson
Trainee Technician
Trainee Technician

Post by Lady_Simpson » Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:34 am

July 11

I hate this!  I hate feeling so absolutely helpless!  Mom and I talked to Dr. Hibbert today about Dad's condition, saying that the Hippocratic Oath forces him to provide medical treatment for Dad even though we can't afford it.  God I'm so thankful..best news that I've heard in weeks.  But then he went on to say that Dad would have to be moved to a different facility.  One that provides a different level of care ...aka one for the people who can't pay for good care. Be right back, Mom is calling me and Bart.

...didn't think it could get too much worse, although I'm an idiot for not seeing this coming.  Her eyes and the floor never once broke contact with each other; "it'll only be for a little while, I promise, don't worry about anything" was scarcely louder than a faint whisper.  Dad may never recover, and we need money to live...now.  We're selling the house and moving in with my aunties while Mom looks for a job.

Bart just walked by my door.  I didn't know what to say.  "Uh...anything you want to talk about, Bart?" 
He shook his head.  "I'm fine.  Patty and Selma live closer to the school, arcade, movie theatre, and Krusty Burger.  It'll be fun...  you've gotta lighten up about this whole thing."

Of course Bart...keep pretending that this doesn't bother you at all, keep hiding what you really feel...

I just want my Dad back.  And my brother.
Homer: Marge? Since I'm not talking to Lisa, would you please ask her to pass me the syrup?
Lisa: Bart, tell Dad I will only pass the syrup if it won't be used on any meat product.
Homer: Marge, tell Bart I just want to drink a nice glass of syrup like I do every morning.
addictive
Safety Technician
Safety Technician

Post by addictive » Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:32 pm

July 12,

What happened? What did I do to deserve this tourture? It's been burdening my mind for what seems like an eternity. Now, living with Aunt Patty and Selma seems like a mere bump in the road of life compared to dad's accident. I'm still checking up on Bart, and was horrified at what I saw today. The window in his room was open, and several things in his room here gone, and a note was resting on the window. It said this: "Dear Family. I can't take it any more. The pain, it's to much. I ran away, to Springfield gorge, and that's where I will... Jump. Knowing that dad will probably never recover is just too much. If there is a heaven, I will hope to see you there.

-Bartholomew Jo-Jo Simpson"
Tears were splashed around the page. What is going on? We have to stop Bart, before he ends his own life.

Lady_Simpson
Trainee Technician
Trainee Technician

Post by Lady_Simpson » Sun Jul 16, 2006 7:59 am

July 14,

Something stopped me from telling Mom.  Normally I would have gone to her in tears with the note, but I couldn't bring myself to open my mouth this time.  Maybe I thought that she didn't need yet another fear, another tragedy heaped upon her already bouffant pile of troubles, or maybe I was just too afraid to admit to myself that something horrific could actually come of this.  Whatever it was, I set off for Springfield Gorge on my bike.  The July sun beat down upon me relentlessly, making the 5-mile journey seem longer than it was; this was the hottest July I could remember. After what seemed like an eternity, I reached the top of the gorge.  The sky seemed so close; the steep drop, so far down.
No sign of my brother, anywhere.  Not after searching for three hours.
Should I be happy, that he might still be alive? Or is uncertainty worse than any possible fate which could have befallen him?

July 15

Still no sign of Bart.  I couldn't bring myself to show the note to Mom, so I told her that he went to visit Gramma Simpson for a while.  Of course she freaked out at that, since none of us know how to contact Gramma, but it's better than the truth.
I think Dad might be getting better.  He seemed to react to movement today; when I moved my hands, his eyes would follow them. 
Aunt Selma is already trying to think of men she could set Mom up with.  I know she never liked Dad, but seeing her eagerness to find a replacement pretty much kills me inside...
...last night Carl came over, invited by Aunt Selma of course.  And during dinner, Mom laughed, for the first time in months.  Aunt Patty just looked at me, "I'm sorry Lisa."
The phone just rang.  It was Milhouse.  "Lisa...I'm not supposed to say anything, but I just wanted to let you know that Bart is alive."
addictive
Safety Technician
Safety Technician

Post by addictive » Sun Jul 16, 2006 3:40 pm

July 16,

Apparently, Bart had been hiding at Milhouse's house, because he couldn't jump the gorge, he tried, but Milhouse was watching at the time, and he grabbed Bart after he started to jump, and brought Bart over to his house. Today I got another call from him, saying that Bart is gone, and he doesn't know what happened. After hearing this, I rushed over to the gorge again to check, but mom stopped me. I can't keep hiding it from her forever. I'll have to tell her soon. But not today, so I just made another excuse, and went over. Bart wasn't at the gorge again, or any sign of him at all, so I decided to go back home. As I was riding my bike back, I saw something in the alley. It was Bart! I would be so happy to see him, if it wasn't for what was in his hand; a knife. A big one, too. I pedaled over as fast as I could, Bart was raising the knife to his throat, ready to cut. I knocked the knife out of his hand, but there was already a small gash in his throat. He asked me why I stopped him. I'm his sister. Even though we argued sometimes, we always were good friends. I never wanted to see anything bad happen to Bart. I took him home, and as I entered, mom noticed the cut on his neck. This was it. I had to tell her, now. I was hesitant, but I said in my lowest voice, "Mom, I need to talk to you." Bart interrupted, "No, Lis. Let ME talk to her. I'll tell her what happened. She needs to know."

Dagdamor

Post by Dagdamor » Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:23 am

July 17,

Hopefully things are stabilizing a bit in my family. After Mom's yesterday talk to Bart - I still remember her loud voice, angry and scared at the same time! - he promised to think a bit from now on before doing any irreversible deeds. Not if that was the first time he was promising this... but I really, really hope this time he was honest. Bart even apologized to me when we talked later that evening.

Something strange happened this morning... on the way to library, I've met Jenny. We talked about different things, and when we were about to leave, she looked straight into my eyes and said: "I'm very sorry about your Dad, Lisa. I hope he will get better soon." When I've found words to answer, she was already too far away. That was so sudden and unexpected... and nice. I think I feel a bit better now.
addictive
Safety Technician
Safety Technician

Post by addictive » Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:57 pm

July 18,

Me and Jenny agreed to come to the library yesterday, but I couldn't find her at all. I tried calling her number, but she didn't answer. In fact, the phone company said the number didn't exist! So, then I called the telephone operater, and asked for her number. They checked the whole state file, and her name didn't even register on any records! She said that she lived in springfield... Well, anyway, when I came home that night, mom said that Jenny left something for me; a bracelet. It was a very odd one, too. Every once in a while, I thought I saw something move in the center bead. This is getting very, very bizarre. According to the state, Jenny doesn't exist. And she left me her bracelet... Strange.

July 19,

I saw Jenny at the library today, and I asked her why she wasn't there yesterday. She was hesitant when she answered, but suddenly replied, "Uh, something came up." I told her that I really liked the bracelet, as I was wearing it. Something strange was going on too. My bracelet started to shine every few seconds. I don't know why, it couldn't have been reflected sunlight, it was very cloudy that day. My book suddenly dropped, so I bent down to pick it up. When I got back up, she was gone. I was only down for about 2 and a half seconds, so she couldn't have gone far, I CERTAINLY would still be able to see her, no matter what direction she went. And then, I noticed something... My bracelet, it stopped shining. There's something fishy going on, and I want to know what.

Lady_Simpson
Trainee Technician
Trainee Technician

Post by Lady_Simpson » Sun Jul 23, 2006 6:52 pm

July 24

Jenny hasn't come back.  At least I don't think she has, since I haven't seen her at the library - or anywhere - since the 19th.  My bracelet still isn't shining.  If I told Mom about this she'd just think that it was childish paranoia...and normally I would think so, too.  Maybe the bracelet only shines in certain light.  Maybe Jenny recently moved from another state, and her parent's aren't registered in the phone book yet.  Maybe she's just a very fast runner, or maybe I'm letting Dad's tragedy overwhelm my sense of logic.

in a feverish daze I paged through the phone book. 
"Freya's New Age Shop: For All Things Occult"
I had found what I wanted.
I know that New Age doesn't have anything to do with Satanism, but my heart fluttered and my stomach churned on the bus ride over there.  It was in an area of town I had never been to before, and it looked different than the rest of Springfield: the old quarter.  The stone houses had a sort of old-world charm to them; once grand, families now lived upstairs and managed their small stores downstairs.  I passed the bubble teahouse when I arrived at "Freya's."  I went in.
addictive
Safety Technician
Safety Technician

Post by addictive » Sun Jul 23, 2006 7:21 pm

July 25,

I went into the shop, and asked the lady at the desk if she knows anything about a girl named Jenny. She looked at me with a sense of curiosity, and maybe even fear. She then asked me something that threw me completely off-guard: she asked me: "So, you wish to hear the dead?" I couldn't believe it. There must have been some mistake, but then, she showed me a picture of her, Jenny Castillo: Born: July 17, 1973, Died: October 31, 1981. I panicked when I saw it. I had been talking to a ghost. She had been dead for 25 years. How could this happen?

July 26,

I went back to the library today, and I saw Jenny again. Still trumatized from yesterday, I approached her. "I know your secret" I said in my lowest voice. She gasped, and was horrified. I told her that I knew she doesn't exist anymore. She denied it at first, but then admitted it. She told me everything. She died in a car accident, and was buried in Springfield cemetary. And now, how she was sent down from heaven to help me through this painful time of my life, and she was not allowed to come back until dad is fully healed. I nearly fainted, knowing all this, but now that I know what is going on, I feel a bit better.

Lady_Simpson
Trainee Technician
Trainee Technician

Post by Lady_Simpson » Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:46 am

July 27, 2006

OW!!
Last night at around 1 am, I was jerked from slumber by the sounds of hysterical laughter in the kitchen.  I sat up quickly, bumping my head on Selma's desk.  Yeah, I sleep in my aunt's small study with Bart and Maggie; to say it was crowded would be a euphemism.
Anyway.
I groggily walked out into the kitchen.  Mom and Lennie were sitting on the couch, laughing over something.  I opened my mouth to speak, but Selma emerged from the kitchen and placed her hand over my mouth.  "Shush," she said angrily.  "This is your mother's last chance of happiness.  If you kids are quiet tonight, I'll make pancakes for breakfast tomorrow, okay?"

And my dad's still alive.
addictive
Safety Technician
Safety Technician

Post by addictive » Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:31 pm

July 28,

'Till death do us part, says the old marriage vows. Of all people, I never would have expected mom to violate this. She's always been loyal to dad, and there's a huge difference between paralisis and death, mom! I went to the library today, and talked to Jenny about it. She said that she isn't allowed to interfere with relationships in that way. I think mom needs to personally hear how this is affecting everyone before she makes any rash coices.

Lady_Simpson
Trainee Technician
Trainee Technician

Post by Lady_Simpson » Fri Jul 28, 2006 1:21 am

July 29, 2006

I visited Dad at the hospital today.  I felt so strange staring down at him on those pristine white hospital sheets; his complection remained a healthy yellow, but he looked at least 50 lbs lighter.  My eyes were filling with tears when I felt a light touch on my shoulder.  Spinning around, I saw Jenny.  She didn't have to say anything, I just collapsed, crying, into her arms.  "Things have to get worse before they can get better, Lis," she whispered.  "But this will all work out, I promise."
Somehow, that put me in a much better mood for the rest of the day.  I took the long route back to the house, past the elementary school, past the Android's Dungeon, and past King Toot's music shop.  That's when it struck me.  My saxophone!  I haven't played my saxophone in over a month.  Most of the people in Patty & Selma's apartment block were at work, so I could play without disturbing anyone!
zekeprower
Safety Technician
Safety Technician

Post by zekeprower » Fri Jul 28, 2006 5:16 am

July 30, 2006

i practiced for a long while last night. i have a new song to play for dad. Jenny visited me last night and told me that this song would help the situation. I don't see how but, i will do anything to get my family together the way it used to be. even Bart came in and listened to me last night. it might be everything that is going on but i think that Bart is starting to like my music. i am going to go and play for dad later on tonight. it will be his song. Jupiter Jazz.
He stood tall on top of the mountain of his ancestors and looked down to see his home. He let loose a loud howl. He is now a man, but not just a man. He is now a true Wolf and others are sure to follow him.