archonix
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

[Competition] [Theme-a-day] Write today's diary

Post by archonix » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:52 am

Theme: Write today's diary
Limitations: None!
Start: 19th of April

Diaries are a particularly private method of communicating our inner most thoughts to our most trusted friend. Lets peek inside one of the characters diaries and see what they really think about the world.

Yes this seems at first glance to be a writing competition but I know you people are creative enough to pull this one off any way you please. Go!
Our choicest plans have fallen through, our airiest castles tumbled over, because of lines we neatly drew and later neatly stumbled over.
— Piet Hein - Grooks
Gulliver63
Sub-sector Control Officer's Assistant

Re: [Competition] [Theme-a-day] Write today's diary

Post by Gulliver63 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:45 pm

After watching "Avatar" again a few months ago, I did a doodle based on the main character's experience with making a video-diary. I'm more than happy to pull this idea out and blow the dust off of it. Well, here it goes...

Sunday, April 19th, 3012
Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

“This is my first video diary since I’ve been working on Mom’s AVATAR program – I find this a very awkward experience, and I still think the Q T McWhiskers program was much more worthwhile than this idiot project.” ::turns to Leela:: “Is this thing on? Anyway, I’ve been cooped up for several days with these annoying young people in the lab. Amy spends most of her time painting her toenails and fingernails, while Leela plucks her eyebrows; they’re quite large, so it takes her a long time. Fry is driving me crazy listening to the Thompson Twins…he showed me their picture, and they don’t even look alike. Bender keeps trying to push my buttons by putting spiders in my oatmeal and hiding my false teeth; threats of de-activation only worsen the pranks. My day was lifted a bit when my catalogue from Copper Wire Warehouse arrived at the lab, along with the newest issue of Mad Scientist Monthly.”
“Okay, okay…Leela wants me to say something about the project. I just don’t see the use of having a 10 foot giant copy of yourself running around if it can’t have atomic-powered arms or lasers in its eyes – I just wish they’d given me more free reign in the project. Oh well, that’s enough blather for now…I’m off to clean my dentures. Hey...Bender?!”
"We are today's creatures, locked in tomorrow's double feature..."
David Bowie
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling
Custom Title: We have space marines at home

Post by c_nordlander » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:35 pm

A Venture Brothers story, this time (it's allowed!).

Character: The henchman formerly known as 21.
WARNING: Serious spoilers for Season 4. Mild swearing.

Gary's Vlog, Stardate 19 April 2012
By Christina Nordlander Dawson

Hello, Gary here.

I know I haven't been updating a lot lately, but things are a bit more relaxed now, so with luck I'll start posting a lot more regularly.

If you've been following me for a while, you probably know that I switched jobs not too long ago. It's not that I had anything against my old one, you understand. In fact, it was a lot of fun, very exciting. I've been there since I was just a kid, barely out of grade school. That would make, what? Almost twenty... God, I'm old. Anyway, it was a great place in itself, it's just that my boss turned out to be a huge dickhead. His wife too. Also, some of the memories from there put me in a very dark place psychologically. My faithful viewers will know what I'm talking about.

Anyway, the new job. It's a government job, so I can't disclose anything about it, especially not the extremely non-badass and non-hardcore operations we will not be executing. I got all my stuff officially moved here a couple weeks ago, but I haven't received any orders yet. Well, now you know that it's a place with its own living quarters. Kind of what I'm used to from my old line of work. My roommate once single-handedly killed fifteen men in [LOCATION REDACTED]. He's also utterly flaming gay, but you know, I'm OK with that. I've got to admit, the first few nights I was a bit worried about him looking at me while I was getting changed, but you know? If I was rooming with a chick I probably wouldn't be able to keep my eyes to myself. Besides, if he thinks I'm hot, that's pretty flattering.

OK, today's reader question: a fella or lady named pretythings36 asks: “Hey Gary, are you going to Nerdapalooza in the summer?” I sure am, pretythings! I wouldn't miss it for the world. They continue: “You need to check out the Black Megas and this new nerdcore band called the Rusted Ventures. They remix the music from the old 'Rusty Venture' cartoon.” Yeah... the Black Megas sound like good stuff, but I think I'll skip the Rusted Ventures. I have some... history with the Venture family. I don't think they're bad people or anything, but like I said, my mind's in a very bad place.

I kind of don't want to end on a dark note like this, but yeah. There we are. The investigation's kind of lying fallow ATM. I'm not giving it up, but it's going to be harder now that I've moved. Hell, if I stop posting again, that'll probably be why.

Well, that's all for today. I bid you good night.

And 24 does too.

THE END
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

-- Mother Mother, "Business Man"

Now offering writing commissions! Fanfiction or original, PM me for more information.
Gulliver63

Post by Gulliver63 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:07 pm

Go team Venture...I've got a VB story working, but it's been bogged down lately.
"We are today's creatures, locked in tomorrow's double feature..."
David Bowie
archonix
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Theme-a-day Day 4 winner

Post by archonix » Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:49 pm

Two to choose from makes it even harder...

I think, simply because I'm in a Venture Brothers mood today, that Christina wins with Formerly 21's Diary. Just because.
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling
Custom Title: We have space marines at home

Post by c_nordlander » Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:54 pm

Yay, I won!

Now I have a mind to write more stuff about 21/Gary/The Viceroy/whatever the heck he's called now.
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

-- Mother Mother, "Business Man"

Now offering writing commissions! Fanfiction or original, PM me for more information.