Creativity Hour works thread

Talk about whatever you like here!
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling
Custom Title: Heretics owned through FAITH and JUSTICE

Re: Creativity Hour works thread

Post by c_nordlander » Mon May 03, 2021 11:05 pm

As a wise man once said, there are but two constants: Star Wars and gender reveal parties. Wait, what?

Nice Guy Tarkin helps celebrate the joyful occasion. Happy early Star Wars Day everybody! Con-crit welcome as always.

(True story: someone made nearly the exact same joke in the comments for the Youtube clip I watched for reference pics.)
Attachments
tarkin gender reveal.png
Welcome to our little town
Why don't you settle down?
Here, just fill out the paperwork and you can look around
We work and then we work and then we work and then we work and then we work and then we work
And then we end up in the ground.

- The Stupendium, "The Fine Print"
SirMustapha
Junior Secretariat
Junior Secretariat

Post by SirMustapha » Tue May 04, 2021 1:12 pm

You did a really good job, Chris! The faces look very convincing, and I think you used the reference pics well. Without comparing them to the actual movie, they're quite faithful to how I remember them. I think Leia's eyes in the second panel may be a wee bit misaligned, but I think the way her face is a little tilted might be throwing me off. It might just be a wrong impression. I really like the way you've drawn the faces either way. Tarkin looks really good in the first panel.

... also, it took me way too long to get the joke, but it really works. Great execution, Chris!
"This is the scientifical truth, which is much better. You shouldn't let poets lie to you."
-- Björk
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling
Custom Title: Heretics owned through FAITH and JUSTICE

Post by c_nordlander » Tue May 04, 2021 6:35 pm

That is so flattering, thank you. I'm sure you're right about Leia's eyes; I have a lot of trouble with that.

Glad you liked it!
Welcome to our little town
Why don't you settle down?
Here, just fill out the paperwork and you can look around
We work and then we work and then we work and then we work and then we work and then we work
And then we end up in the ground.

- The Stupendium, "The Fine Print"