Junior Secretariat
Junior Secretariat

REVIEW: [QABF04] The Dad-Feelings Limited

Post by Stretch_Dude » Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:09 am

Spoiler
I memorized "Holy Grail" really well
I can recite it right now and have you ROTFLOL
- "Weird Al" Yankovic, "White and Nerdy"

"Any pile of stunted growth unaware that entertainment is just that and nothing more, deserves to doom themselves to some dank cell, somewhere, for having been so stupid!! Movies, books, T.V., music - they're all just entertainment, not guidebooks for damning yourself!" - Nny

I draw too, dammit!
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling
Custom Title: We have space marines at home

Re: REVIEW: [QABF04] The Dad-Feelings Limited

Post by c_nordlander » Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:08 pm

What even is the point is of Kumiko? Firstly, it's like pulling fucking teeth to get this show to change the status quo in a way that might actually be interesting (for example, by aging up the kids), and when they finally introduce a new character, it's... to give Comic Book Guy, of all people, a girlfriend? Wtf? And of course she has to be really pretty, because otherwise he wouldn't want her... but she's not burdened by unrealistic standards for men, such as "not being overweight" or "showering once a week." And thirdly, she's Japanese, because... I'd seriously love an explanation that doesn't involve some sort of racial fetish.

Seriously, every time I read one of you guys' episode reviews and the name "Kumiko" comes up, it just cements my realisation that this is now Not My Favourite Family.

EDIT: Seriously, why CBG? I could understand if it were, say, Moe, or Ned Flanders, given that they've had several episodes devoted to their love-starvedness and unsuccessful romances. But much as I love CBG, I never once looked at him and thought "hey, it would be really ballin' if this guy got a girlfriend, that's the one change that would really make this show ascend to platinum godhood."
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

-- Mother Mother, "Business Man"

Now offering writing commissions! Fanfiction or original, PM me for more information.