The Fanart Rec Thread

Post your art here! While this is a Simpsons and Futurama website, feel free to post works for other fandoms or original works here as well.
AssistantCrone
Sub-sector Control Officer

Re: The Fanart Rec Thread

Post by AssistantCrone » Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:44 pm

About time!
"Now, I know art is all about expressing ourselves, but today we're going to express ourselves by getting it right." --DB
Stretch_Dude
Junior Secretariat
Junior Secretariat

Post by Stretch_Dude » Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:28 pm

Yeah, I've been watching that guy for a while. I really like his stuff.
I memorized "Holy Grail" really well
I can recite it right now and have you ROTFLOL
- "Weird Al" Yankovic, "White and Nerdy"

"Any pile of stunted growth unaware that entertainment is just that and nothing more, deserves to doom themselves to some dank cell, somewhere, for having been so stupid!! Movies, books, T.V., music - they're all just entertainment, not guidebooks for damning yourself!" - Nny

I draw too, dammit!
Sheana_Molloy
Bootlick
Bootlick

Post by Sheana_Molloy » Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:06 pm

They're certainly...well-endowed.

Trace said he didn't see himself as an icon, but wanted to be a logo. Frank settled for being a font.
--MST3K interview

Peter Grant:  I'm the manager of Led Zeppelin!
Bob Dylan:  I don't come to you with my problems.
Stretch_Dude
Junior Secretariat
Junior Secretariat

Post by Stretch_Dude » Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:33 pm

Molloy the Catburglar wrote: They're certainly...well-endowed.
Which is why I was rather surprised that his string of episode-based Marge drawings didn't include "Large Marge." Maybe he thought it was too obvious...

"Any pile of stunted growth unaware that entertainment is just that and nothing more, deserves to doom themselves to some dank cell, somewhere, for having been so stupid!! Movies, books, T.V., music - they're all just entertainment, not guidebooks for damning yourself!" - Nny

I draw too, dammit!
gkscotty
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Post by gkscotty » Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:48 pm

No, I'm pretty sure one of them is Large Marge...

I like the Patty and Selma ones though.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone’s fault. If it was Us, what did that make Me? After all, I’m one of Us. I must be. I’ve certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We’re always one of Us. It’s Them that do bad things. - Jingo, Terry Pratchett
Stretch_Dude
Junior Secretariat
Junior Secretariat

Post by Stretch_Dude » Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:55 pm

gkscotty wrote: No, I'm pretty sure one of them is Large Marge...
Well, most of them technically are, true, but I meant in the same way the others are clearly based on specific episodes and scenes.

I draw too, dammit!
D.B.
Sub Lt
Sub Lt

Post by D.B. » Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:11 pm

love this one. Simple but neat.
"The way to succeed is to get born at the right time and in the right place. If you can do that then you are bound to succeed. You have to be receptive and have some talent as well."
- Sydney Brenner
AssistantCrone

Post by AssistantCrone » Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:20 pm

I like that a lot. It looks straightforward but there are more subtleties in the texture and linework. There are quite a few good character pieces in that gallery.

This showed up on the front page today and I've run out of synonyms for 'awesome'. She uses a slice of pie as bait, for crying out loud. And, uh, storytelling and composition and colours and stuff. Also fish.
"Now, I know art is all about expressing ourselves, but today we're going to express ourselves by getting it right." --DB
D.B.
Sub Lt
Sub Lt

Post by D.B. » Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:31 pm

That's excellent. Also it reassured me so much to discover that was originally drawn for a proper comic, rather than something someone did because they were bored or whatnot (such talented people should be burned as the witches they clearly are...)  ;).
"The way to succeed is to get born at the right time and in the right place. If you can do that then you are bound to succeed. You have to be receptive and have some talent as well."
- Sydney Brenner
Stretch_Dude
Junior Secretariat
Junior Secretariat

Post by Stretch_Dude » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:37 pm

I draw too, dammit!
AssistantCrone

Post by AssistantCrone » Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:57 pm

archonix
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Post by archonix » Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:50 pm

Hah, I suppose they're like some sort of hummingbird.
Our choicest plans have fallen through, our airiest castles tumbled over, because of lines we neatly drew and later neatly stumbled over.
— Piet Hein - Grooks
fellranger
Senior Technical Supervisor
Senior Technical Supervisor

Post by fellranger » Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:11 pm

Well now we know why all the sparrows have disappeared...
There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning....
And that, I think, was the handle - that sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn't need that. Our energy would simply prevail. There was no point in fighting - on our side or theirs. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave....
So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look West, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high-water mark - that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back.

Hunter S. Thompson Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
Stretch_Dude
Junior Secretariat
Junior Secretariat

Post by Stretch_Dude » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:24 pm

I draw too, dammit!
AssistantCrone

Post by AssistantCrone » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:10 am

The superb bird of paradise is weird even for a bird of paradise, and somebody drew it hooray!

Yes, it really does that.