Lump

Post your art here! While this is a Simpsons and Futurama website, feel free to post works for other fandoms or original works here as well.
kaspired
Advisory Technical Manager

Re: Lump

Post by kaspired » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:51 pm

A quick silly thing, well, actually not so silly...

All the Toilet Paper in the World
All the Toilet Paper in the World

All the Toilet Paper in the World, Uncaptioned
All the Toilet Paper in the World, Uncaptioned
if you panic you freeze, if you freeze you crash.
kaspired

Post by kaspired » Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:34 pm

Look! I'm drawing somebody I haven't drawn in SIX years (Really!)

It's been so long I forgot how to draw Aimee.

Roller Skates 1
Roller Skates 1
I'm doing a drawing over in DA land for somebody and he wants Amy (Yes, I do remember how to spell her name,,,) as a roller skating waitress.

Addendum, update: Got it!

I figured out what was oh so basically wrong. Amy's proportions were totally incorrect. I dissected a couple of more grabs and this is what I got...

Roller skates 2
Roller skates 2
kaspired

Post by kaspired » Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:22 pm

Ta-Dum!

Roller skates 3
Roller skates 3

Roller skates
Roller skates
kaspired

Post by kaspired » Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:56 am

I seriously debated posting this here. The main characters are, well, a bit risque. But over in DA land this drawing has some good reviews. Hope you like...

Monster Musume meets Abby Road.

First sketch with a different crew, from the series "Wakfu".
In the Crosswalk 1
In the Crosswalk 1
Now I'm trying the other set of characters.
In the Crosswalk 2
In the Crosswalk 2
A WIP (BTW grand total were 72 colors, final size 11 x 12 1/2 inches.)
In the Crosswalk 3
In the Crosswalk 3
Brace yourselves, here 'tis:
In the Croswwalk
In the Croswwalk
Introductions, from right to left:

Miia, part snake. Papi, part bird. Centorea, centaur. Suu, slime girl.
Last edited by kaspired on Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SirMustapha
Junior Secretariat
Junior Secretariat

Post by SirMustapha » Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:08 am

That's scarily good as usual. I like the characters, and I particularly like the style of colouring and texture you did in the background. Very stylish and eye-catching, and matches the characters. Does full justice to the original cover!
"I know that the bourgeoisie stinks, but it has money to buy perfume."
-- Falcão
kaspired

Post by kaspired » Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:53 pm

SirMustapha wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:08 am That's scarily good as usual. I like the characters, and I particularly like the style of colouring and texture you did in the background. Very stylish and eye-catching, and matches the characters. Does full justice to the original cover!
Thanks! That photo is so-o-o iconic I just couldn't let it go with a quick hit.

I could say a lot about this but I'll keep everything simple. It began with a one point perspective layout (there is actually a second one point axis also), matched the girls with the Beatles stance (as much as possible), next was all that detail. Ohmigawd! Then somehow build the same feel as the photo. A silly detail on my part, (it's tough to see at this scale) the license plate of the VW says "357 Hemi" and the plate for the green taxi on the right says "Big Mac".

I have the 50th anniversary release of the album and the pamphlet talks about taking this photo. Apparently they just walked out of the studios, and took the photo. No planning, minimal set-up, only one police officer to stop oncoming traffic, stuck the photographer on a step-ladder, and he took maybe six photos. The album does have a second photo but it just isn't as identifiable/well know as this.

Glad you liked this.
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling
Custom Title: We have space marines at home

Post by c_nordlander » Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:34 pm

More comments, sorry about the long delays. I do love looking at your art, I just rarely have the energy to post much. At least, awful as the current situation is, we're going to see *lots* of fiction/art/indie games being created, so there is that.

Kipo and the Age of Wonderbeasts: both pictures are great. I haven't seen the show, so I can't judge on-modelness, but your style is really clear in these and it's a joy to look at.

Burrow girl 3: another very nice picture. I like interesting action scenes like these, the characters still look very good, and the frogs are hilarious.

Branch on the turtle: *nice* job on the background here. Some of the bright colours on the characters feel a bit clashy, but that might just be my taste. Another good one.

Ghost: ooh, is she dancing with the devil in the pale moonlight? I don't know the first thing about inking, but I like looking at it, and learning a new skill is never wasted. Obviously I'm a noob, so I couldn't tell you if anything needs improvement, but it looks very good to me. The lines on the woman and other white parts (like devil-guy's gloves) might be a bit wispy, but I don't know whether that's a deliberate choice. The darker parts look great.

(Not art, but nice Funko Bean loot!)

Burrow girl b: *very* pink, but great character art and background, as usual.

Kipo and Jamack: another great more action-y image. You are very good at drawing figures and poses. Kipo's limbs are very thin, but I'm guessing that's the style of the show.

Miko: another really well-drawn character with a great expression. I may need to check out this show.

All the toilet paper in the world: toilet paper jokes are still not getting old. :D Great pose and colouring. I'm impressed with the metallic highlighting on the figure.

Roller skates: Hey, it's Mary from Futurama! :) I couldn't say what's wrong with her proportions, but I trust the actual artist on this. Her outfit and skates are excellent, as is her pose in the rightmost sketch. Maybe her face looks very slightly different from the show in the left-hand picture, but that might just be that your style is different. I like Roller skates b2 as well. Amy's face still looks a bit weird, but I just love their expressions.

Roller skates 3: I'm still very impressed with your more action-filled poses. Great expression, and the colouring is of course very good.

Abbey Road pics: I bet every artist draws a parody of this cover at least once in their lifetime. These are very good, though. The Wakfu characters sketch is off to a great start. The monster girl one has some lovely characters, nice expressions and great colouring (the background blew me away, it's so summery). A possible nitpick is that Centorea has very thin legs in comparison with her hooves, but that's minor. They all look great. I think my favourite is Miia; got to love a naga with a nice long tail. So many varied characters is fun (and difficult) to draw. So yes, great Abbey Road cover parody.

Keep 'em coming, and remember, just because I'm lazy about responding doesn't mean I'm not enjoying your art. You're at least as good as ever, and we all need something to cheer us up.
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

-- Mother Mother, "Business Man"

Now offering writing commissions! Fanfiction or original, PM me for more information.
kaspired

Post by kaspired » Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:01 pm

Morning Chris (Or afternoon, depends on your local time zone)

Always glad to hear from you. Don't worry about posting "instantly". We all have more important things to deal with now.

Some thoughts:

Kipo: Y'know she's actually frustrating for me to draw. Her skin tone is a light purplie kinda color and I just can't hit it. So far the best I've done is that super reddish pink. I even special ordered three new Copic markers and still missed. I nailed her hair color (bright pink) and most of her clothes, but that skin... Arguh! On a side note, it is a clever show. Some of the other critters she runs into are fitness-work-out-in-a-gym all-the-time raccoons, and rats that run a Disneyland style amusement park.

Ghost: I picked up a book about inking comics. In the back were several pre-printed non-photo blue pages and the idea was for me to finish inking them. So I did two. (BTW I spent NINE hours on the first page) I needed to do the inking to match the style of the artist who did the penciling work. That was the trickiest bit. I couldn't draw like me, I had to draw like somebody else. Ghost is a real comic book series. I was at the comic book shop and found a copy. So I bought it, took it home, and scoured through to find those two specific pages. Just to compare how I did to real artists. But they weren't there. D'ang!

Abbey Road: That was a fun/challenging drawing. I really like this one. That detail! Ohmigawd! I reworked those tree shadows like three times and could still go back and add more. The coloring method I've worked out is to start with the lightest color in that group and apply each darker color on top. Meaning each color is still there, from the lightest super pale green to the darkest blue-green, even into the browns and dark greys, which add lots of interest to the shadows. The shadows aren't just a one tone blob of darkness.

Let me leave these.

High Five and Miko 1
High Five and Miko 1
High Five and Miko from the Netflix show "Glitch Techs"

At the Farriers
At the Farriers
Getting a new pair of shoes for a centaur has a whole different meaning.

I was flipping back through the archives and fumbled onto some farily cool older sketches. I'll look through them some more and probably do a serious sketch dump.
Last edited by kaspired on Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kaspired

Post by kaspired » Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:09 pm

Well, I'm home for the day. And bored to tears. Know what that means?

Sketch dump!

I dug back through the archives and found some older bits. Brace yourselves, they're all over the map...

Eva, Percidal, and Cleome
Eva, Percidal, and Cleome
From "Wakfu"

Fun Spinel
Fun Spinel
Angry Spinel
Angry Spinel
From "Steven Universe"

"Well that didn't work..."
"Well that didn't work..."
Gentleman Ghost
Gentleman Ghost
"I do not get PARCHED!"
"I do not get PARCHED!"
The Participation Song
The Participation Song
From the movie "TTG vs TT"

Cracking a smile
Cracking a smile
From old school "Teen Titans"

The dance
The dance
From "The Dragon Prince"
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling

Post by c_nordlander » Sat May 02, 2020 3:32 pm

If it's any consolation, your market colouring is really good. I guess it's more a case of you not having access to the right shade for her skin. And you're right, not a whole lot to do now other than create. (Well, I'm still working, so not that much creating on my end, unfortunately.)

High-Five and Miko: really good poses, bodies and outfits. I have nothing to criticise.

At the farrier's: lovely idea, and both the centaur and the farrier look great. The background is really well done, realistic, and doesn't grab the attention away from the figures. Great colours throughout.

Scribbles: Oh look, someone's put a smile on that boy's face. These are all good, with some great poses and shading. A lot of really nice cartoonish sense of movement, and that last Dragon Prince one looks really realistic. I'm really jealous of your skill; keep it up.
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

Now offering writing commissions! Fanfiction or original, PM me for more information.
kaspired

Post by kaspired » Sat May 02, 2020 10:24 pm

Let me show another COVID bit. This time featuring six feet social distancing, and five masks.

From the Netflix show DC Super Hero Girls.

(Word of caution: This is a very LONG drawing and I'm not quite sure how it'll show.)

Six Feet
Six Feet
These also.
Six Feet 1st
Six Feet 1st
Six Feet 2nd
Six Feet 2nd
Six Feet 3rd
Six Feet 3rd

(I had a lot of technical troubles with this drawing. It's way to long for my scanner so I needed to have it commercially scanned. Which always is a total misadventure, it required three attempts to get it right. With all that I still had to clean it up with my crummy graphic program. Final size is 7 x 28 inches, er that's 17.8 x 71.12 cm for you metric people)
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling

Post by c_nordlander » Sat May 09, 2020 8:14 pm

An era-appropriate character line-up! The image came out a good size on my monitor, and it's a really good picture, both in concept, drawing and colouring. Nice background, and the characters are well posed and recognisable.

The sketches are great, too. I particularly like all the various poses and outfits in the first one.
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

kaspired

Post by kaspired » Sun May 10, 2020 4:27 pm

c_nordlander wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 8:14 pm An era-appropriate character line-up! The image came out a good size on my monitor, and it's a really good picture, both in concept, drawing and colouring. Nice background, and the characters are well posed and recognisable.

The sketches are great, too. I particularly like all the various poses and outfits in the first one.
Thanks, Chris. In spite of all the weirdness, this was a lot of fun.
Glad you mentioned the first sketch, want to guess how much time I put into that? Normally I need about half an hour to finish each character, and there are six of 'em...
Since this is actually two separate drawings, here are the two halves:

Six Feet 4th
Six Feet 4th
Six Feet 5th
Six Feet 5th
kaspired

Post by kaspired » Sun May 10, 2020 4:40 pm

Yet another mask drawing. (Sorry, I know they're getting old...)

But this time it's how NOT to wear masks!

Wrong
Wrong
Wrong Concept
Wrong Concept

(From Wakfu)

Percival, with the orange hair, I might cut him some slack. It is tough to eat or drink, but as soon as he's done, it goes back on.
Evangeline, with the blonde hair, has a subtle problem. Her mask has been used too many times and needs to be replaced.
Amalia, with the green hair, is the worse offender. She isn't covering her nose. Most people breath through their nose, not their mouth. Essentially it's the same as if she weren't even wearing a mask and spewing germs everywhere.
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling

Post by c_nordlander » Sat May 16, 2020 8:18 pm

Nice and educational! Taught me something. Picture looks good of course, very psychedelic background and nice colouring.

Thanks for putting up the two halves of the "6 feet" picture as well, I'm still impressed by that one.
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon