Gulliver's Doodles...

Post your art here! While this is a Simpsons and Futurama website, feel free to post works for other fandoms or original works here as well.
Gulliver63
Sub-sector Control Officer's Assistant

Gulliver's Doodles...

Post by Gulliver63 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:31 am

This is a sketch that I sent Kaspired after sitting on the idea for a couple of weeks...I guess this is about as close as I've come to a bad Leela (at least she's well armed, and she's got great taste in music). :leela
Attachments
Futurama Bad Company small .jpg
"We are today's creatures, locked in tomorrow's double feature..."
David Bowie
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling
Custom Title: future Neuralink chassis

Re: Gulliver's Doodles...

Post by c_nordlander » Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:39 am

I like this! It's definitely your own style, but Leela looks in character and has a great expression. I also like the bed, the window and the motorbike. (She's definitely not in her own flat!) Your shading might be a bit too heavy, but I'll leave that to people who actually know anything about art. Haven't heard the music myself, but the album covers look interesting.

The outline of her lipstick doesn't really connect with her mouth. Makes it look like she has one of those Clark Gable mustaches.
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

-- Mother Mother, "Business Man"

Now offering writing commissions! Fanfiction or original, PM me for more information.
Gulliver63

Post by Gulliver63 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:03 pm

I admit that I go heavy on the shading, as I've had some scanner issues of late; I actually had to re-scan several things because they were way too light. The album covers on the wall are: Bruce Springsteen/Born To Run, Derek and the Dominoes (Eric Clapton/Layla), and the first Led Zeppelin album. I guess I do go big with the lipstick - I'll have to look into that. The "Groening Overbite" drives my daughter nuts.... :leela
Last edited by Gulliver63 on Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David Bowie
Gulliver63

Post by Gulliver63 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:18 pm

Here is a sketch that I sent Kaspired last night. Again, heavy on the shading and darkness. I love implied humor and any picture that tells a story. I toned this way down from the original, but if anyone finds it objectionable I'll be happy to pull it (I was going to have them as dancing girls under a huge lighted sign that read, "Farnsworth's Inferno"). Notice the cigarette behind Farnsworth's ear...
Attachments
Mean Streets small.jpg
David Bowie
Gulliver63

Post by Gulliver63 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:30 pm

I bounced an idea off of Kaspired the other night...I wondered what would happen if Leela and Spock fell in love and got married? What would their offspring be like? First off, the poor thing would have pointed ears and only one eye. Kids would be very cruel about this, as we see in my sketch. We also see that Leela's daughter has had a platefull of this abuse, and has decided to use Dad's famous neck pinch on Bart. The sketch worked fine...the only hard part was trying to find a name for this urchin. I have no idea what her surname would be, as Spock in the original series said that his last name was "unpronounceable by humans". I wanted to give her a vulcan-sounding name, so I call her T'pranga. As she matures, her mom's Arcturian kung-fu and her dad's vulcan fighting skills will make her a force to be reckoned with. BTW, how'd ya like the Star Trek lunch box? What else would she have! :leela
Attachments
Spock Pinch small.jpg
David Bowie
Stretch_Dude
Junior Secretariat
Junior Secretariat

Post by Stretch_Dude » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:05 pm

Gulliver63 wrote:I wanted to give her a vulcan-sounding name, so I call her T'pranga.
Turanga T'pranga? Yeesh, you're cruel. ;D
I memorized "Holy Grail" really well
I can recite it right now and have you ROTFLOL
- "Weird Al" Yankovic, "White and Nerdy"

"Any pile of stunted growth unaware that entertainment is just that and nothing more, deserves to doom themselves to some dank cell, somewhere, for having been so stupid!! Movies, books, T.V., music - they're all just entertainment, not guidebooks for damning yourself!" - Nny

I draw too, dammit!
Gulliver63

Post by Gulliver63 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:08 pm

You see, that's where it gets confusing...Turanga is her surname. What is his? Is there a trekker out there that would know it? Or would they just go with Turanga? Good grief...what would go on the marriage certificate? BTW, I just checked out Memory Alpha, which has more info on Spock than many US presidents...He is just referred to as Spock, nothing else. And get this - his love interest in "This Side of Paradise" is named Leila! :leela
David Bowie
Terry Y
Senior Executive
Senior Executive
Custom Title: Head Bee Guy

Post by Terry Y » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:39 am

Good stuff! And may I suggest the name "Topanga?" It's an actual place here in SoCal, and it sounds perfectly alien.
"I love cooking with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food." - Julia Child
Stretch_Dude
Junior Secretariat
Junior Secretariat

Post by Stretch_Dude » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:47 am

tyocham wrote:Good stuff! And may I suggest the name "Topanga?" It's an actual place here in SoCal, and it sounds perfectly alien.
Mutant Meets World?
I memorized "Holy Grail" really well
I can recite it right now and have you ROTFLOL
- "Weird Al" Yankovic, "White and Nerdy"

"Any pile of stunted growth unaware that entertainment is just that and nothing more, deserves to doom themselves to some dank cell, somewhere, for having been so stupid!! Movies, books, T.V., music - they're all just entertainment, not guidebooks for damning yourself!" - Nny

I draw too, dammit!
Gulliver63

Post by Gulliver63 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:07 am

I love Topanga...especially if you could sound it like her mom's name and make it "Topanga Leesa" or something like that. BTW, I was just in Century City two weekends ago, and pestered Kaspired on the cell phone while I was there. Topanga Leesa might have to do, as there just is no surname for this bunch. This poor kid...a very emotional teenager who logically figures out how to kick someone's butt. And she has green blood at that...
Attachments
Spock Leela Teenagersmall.jpg
David Bowie
archonix
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Post by archonix » Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:10 am

Logic is a tweeting bird sitting in a tree. Logic is a wreath of flowers that smells bad.

Sneh sneh sneh...
Our choicest plans have fallen through, our airiest castles tumbled over, because of lines we neatly drew and later neatly stumbled over.
— Piet Hein - Grooks
Gulliver63

Post by Gulliver63 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:21 pm

I'm still laughing at the Futurama clip where Amy and Farnsworth get their personalities switched, so I posted a pic at dA where the girls switch personalities http://gulliver63.deviantart.com/#/d2v8hav. I told Javoec that my first title was "Freaky Fry-day", because he was going to be shocked by the Professor's experiment. Instead, I worked up this little doodle as they repaired my car this morning and I hung out in Dunkin' Donuts (they found nothing wrong with the car, but I got some art done). It really needs no explanation, but it's sure ticking off Bender!
Attachments
Freaky Fry-day small.jpg
David Bowie
Gulliver63

Post by Gulliver63 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:12 pm

Well, here he(?) is...Amos Wong, computer geek. Complete with D & D books (325th edition) and can of Slurm. I'm still fascinated with this whole concept... :amy
Attachments
Amos Wong Geek small.jpg
David Bowie
Gulliver63

Post by Gulliver63 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:05 am

I got this idea this morning, and doodled on it at GenCon today. This is not long after Amy and Leela were switched...one is enjoying some newly-found credit cards, and the other is enjoying some newly-found depth perception.
Attachments
Futurama Switched Sketch small.jpg
David Bowie
archonix
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Post by archonix » Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:27 am

Hehe, excellent.
Our choicest plans have fallen through, our airiest castles tumbled over, because of lines we neatly drew and later neatly stumbled over.
— Piet Hein - Grooks