The Nidotamer art depository, now less boring!

Post your art here! While this is a Simpsons and Futurama website, feel free to post works for other fandoms or original works here as well.
Nidotamer
Sub-sector Control Officer's Assistant

The Nidotamer art depository, now less boring!

Post by Nidotamer » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:48 pm

Okay. Okaaaaay.

I kinda made the "artings" thread when I was in my drawing slump and confidence was at rock bottom. Now I actually feel ready to get serious.
I'm thinking of putting together an AU for the Simpsons, mostly for the sake of worldbuilding and the like... could do with a decent AU title mind. *shrug*

-I'll take con-crit! I might as well, it's not like I'm prideful enough to get offended. In fact, redlining would be a massive help.
- I'll take ideas and stuff too. Just any ideas about whatever.
- Really, I'll just take comments of any sort. Even just simple things.

I thought I'd start off with bios and a bit of worldbuilding. This one was kind of a warmup.

Name: Marie
Sex: Female

A former conjoined triplet of Sherri and Terri, Marie spent a few years home schooled under a foster family since her parents much preferred the idea of having twins. The rest of her life so far had been in and out of juvenile detention.

Marie had only recently learned about the existence of her two other siblings and saw this as a chance to finally live a normal life under her real parents... as soon as she's killed the two she perceives as "getting in the way"... as soon as she figures out how she should do it. Doesn't help that she knows little about the world outside of Juvie.

Reason for detention: Shoplifting. Though she'd have you believe it was for killing about 50 or 60 people.

Markings: It's actually just make-up.

Interests: Apparently textiles. That dress is custom made.

Current desire: To get a haircut. Those loose strands are driving her crazy!
------
"Harry tore his eyes from his head and threw them into the forest. Voldemort raised his eyebrows at Harry, who could not see anything at the moment."
---- Harry Potter and the Portrait of what Looked Like a Large Pile of Ash
Thegalen
New SNPP Employee
New SNPP Employee

Re: The Nidotamer art depository, now less boring!

Post by Thegalen » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:35 am

(hyped)

l00ks promising ovo
Nidotamer

Post by Nidotamer » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:11 pm

Nothing to do with anything... this was merely something silly. :P
Attachments
47: hiding in plain sight
47: hiding in plain sight
------
"Harry tore his eyes from his head and threw them into the forest. Voldemort raised his eyebrows at Harry, who could not see anything at the moment."
Nidotamer

Post by Nidotamer » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:01 pm

Now for something a bit different: a futurama drawing!

Not something I normally do but... she's such a cutie patootie...
Attachments
alsohasatail.png
------
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling
Custom Title: We have space marines at home

Post by c_nordlander » Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:57 pm

At long last, some reviews:

Marie - very nice picture! Her being sent off to a foster home feels a bit angsty, but the rest of her bio is pure gold, especially the reason for her incarceration. She sounds like a great comedic villain. If you ever write a story about her, you know I'll read it.

Bart and Hitman 47 - 47 looks pretty much exactly like I assume he'd look on the show (if he impersonated Milhouse, of course). Bart looks nice too.

Sally - this may be because I really liked Sally during her few appearances on Futurama, but this is probably my favourite of your pictures so far. Great idea, and her face-ear being a racoon ear is an excellent touch. The linework and colouring are great, and she's just so cute! The one problem I can find is that her left foot (the one furthest from us) seems to be a bit twisted towards us; it should probably be twisting the other way.

Very good art. Keep 'em coming.
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

-- Mother Mother, "Business Man"

Now offering writing commissions! Fanfiction or original, PM me for more information.
Nidotamer

Post by Nidotamer » Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:02 pm

If I draw Sherri in this way more often, I'm gonna have to have the shirt say something different each time. Mostly trying more "normal" proportions but the whole body didn't work out so... this.
Attachments
sherri.png
------
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling

Post by c_nordlander » Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:12 pm

I really like this style! Looks nice, and the colours are pleasant. The shirt saying "shirt" is hardcore; I want one.

Pink eyes are kind of odd, but then, nobody bats an eye at Springfieldianites with blue or purple hair, so I guess their eye colours might be weird, too. (The pink colour looks kind of ugly in the thumbnail, but at the normal size it's quite a pretty colour, and that's what matters.)
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

Now offering writing commissions! Fanfiction or original, PM me for more information.
Nidotamer

Post by Nidotamer » Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:06 pm

Funny enough, half the colours were taken from a pic of twilight sparkle I had open at the time.=P

As for the eyes, I didn't really know what to go with. I mean, some like Jessica have pretty much agreed on eye colours (in her case, green) but I don't think Sherri & Terri have had the same privilege. If anyone could suggest a good eye colour then I'll probably go with that from then on since the pink was really a placeholder colour.
------
Nidotamer

Post by Nidotamer » Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:56 pm

I said I'd do it. I did. =P
Those are some huge boobies... what they're even doing in Springfield is a mystery though.

EDIT: Added another pic. Quick experiment.
Attachments
gasp.png
boobies.png
------
Stretch_Dude
Junior Secretariat
Junior Secretariat

Post by Stretch_Dude » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:34 pm

Adorable stuff.
I memorized "Holy Grail" really well
I can recite it right now and have you ROTFLOL
- "Weird Al" Yankovic, "White and Nerdy"

"Any pile of stunted growth unaware that entertainment is just that and nothing more, deserves to doom themselves to some dank cell, somewhere, for having been so stupid!! Movies, books, T.V., music - they're all just entertainment, not guidebooks for damning yourself!" - Nny

I draw too, dammit!
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling

Post by c_nordlander » Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:51 pm

My only problem with these pictures is that their pupils are too close together, making the girls look cross-eyed. (Under normal circumstances, pupils should be in the same relative position in the eye: for example, (o ) (o ) or ( o) ( o)

Other than that, this is great. The colours are easy on the eye and the girls are indeed very cute.
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

Nidotamer

Post by Nidotamer » Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:11 pm

c_nordlander wrote:My only problem with these pictures is that their pupils are too close together, making the girls look cross-eyed. (Under normal circumstances, pupils should be in the same relative position in the eye: for example, (o ) (o ) or ( o) ( o)
... nothing I'd read about drawing eyes bothered to point that out. I'll keep it in mind.

Uhm, dunno if this one goes against the rules or anything. Just lemme know and I'll take it off.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/57097555/janey.png NSFW obviously. Be gentle, I'm a noob at this stuff... :<
------
Nidotamer

Post by Nidotamer » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:37 pm

Eh. 'Nother doodle. Don't think I'm gonna bother with stylizing anymore. I always just end up making stuff unrecognizable...
Attachments
yeah.png
------
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling

Post by c_nordlander » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:26 pm

Another lovely picture! She still looks a little bit cross-eyed, but it's a lot less noticeable than in the previous couple of drawings. (Remember, if the pupil is close to the right corner of one eye, it should be close to the right corner of the other eye as well, and vice versa.) Seriously, that's the only nitpick I have with this picture. It's cute, dynamic, and the linework is excellent. I love her expression.
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

Nidotamer

Post by Nidotamer » Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:33 pm

Due to isp shenanigans I'll be on for a bit today and a bit tomorrow and I dunno what's going on after that. Sadly I probably won't make it to the weekend chats that I was waiting all week for. Blah!

In the meantime...
Attachments
lisa.png
------