The Nidotamer art depository, now less boring!

Post your art here! While this is a Simpsons and Futurama website, feel free to post works for other fandoms or original works here as well.
SirMustapha
Junior Secretariat
Junior Secretariat

Re: The Nidotamer art depository, now less boring!

Post by SirMustapha » Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:21 am

Much meep indeed! Great job with a very tricky pose!
"I know that the bourgeoisie stinks, but it has money to buy perfume."
-- Falcão
Nidotamer
Sub-sector Control Officer's Assistant

Post by Nidotamer » Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:03 pm

Bows
Attachments
bows.png
------
"Harry tore his eyes from his head and threw them into the forest. Voldemort raised his eyebrows at Harry, who could not see anything at the moment."
---- Harry Potter and the Portrait of what Looked Like a Large Pile of Ash
Nidotamer

Post by Nidotamer » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:37 am

boop
Attachments
selphie.png
------
"Harry tore his eyes from his head and threw them into the forest. Voldemort raised his eyebrows at Harry, who could not see anything at the moment."
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling
Custom Title: future Neuralink chassis

Post by c_nordlander » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:21 pm

Finally getting around to commenting on your art again:

Mary again: mostly looks great, but there's something off about her head shape. I really like her body and clothes, though.

Alli back: just good in general. Classy outfit, and I like the drink and the look on what little we see of her face.

Bweep: very cute!

Nelson: I really see what you mean here (exaggerating him to make him more recognisable than if it were a completely faithful reproduction). The anger and brutishness vibe I'm getting from him is perfect.

Shadowkrusty: nice, subtly scary. The jester collar feels very suitable. Oh, he just looks good in general.

(already commented on "Shadow Krusty monster" and "Steamed ham")

Not so chibi-ish: I like it a lot! Very funny, and her body and dress are well drawn. A tiny complaint is that her expression seems rather simple and caricaturish compared to the effort you've put into drawing her body. Not bad, though.

Linetest: oh, this looks very good! I'm not an artist, of course, but it's possible that you should go easier on the heavy black fields (like in the shadows of her hair). Other than that, this looks totally professional to me.

Silly pose: nice work on anatomy. If there are any errors, I can't find them. (As for the pose, I'm guessing "limbering up for ballet class".)

Will continue when I have time.
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

-- Mother Mother, "Business Man"

Now offering writing commissions! Fanfiction or original, PM me for more information.
Nidotamer

Post by Nidotamer » Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:17 pm

Flup
Attachments
lie.png
------
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling

Post by c_nordlander » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:56 pm

Continuing:

Asset enhancement: looks good, and even though there's nudity I think it's far from fanservicey (her pose is very everyday and non-sexy, and her expression looks nice and realistic). I think her aureolae look a bit big, but that's probably the kind of thing that varies from person to person.

Wants attention: Bart's expression is hilarious, and you've done a good job expressing motion. Very cartoonish, in the best way.

Return of Tubbi: very cutesy. Mostly looks good, but I can't figure out where her right arm is going.

Mary and Midge: very well-drawn and sweet. I like how you've given them clearly different body types, and Mary's face is well drawn.

bberry: more great faces and expressions, and their bodies look very well-drawn, too. Really nice composition.

AlliSherri: again, very sweet, without any mistakes that I can see. I still love the "Shirt" shirt.

testBart: I like the androgynous pose, and his body shape looks good to me. Totally looks like an older Bart.

Britts: heh, Britt is a reasonably common female name in Sweden. Personally, I like her hairstyle in the middle picture (where she's holding the slingshot). Faces and bodies are good all around.

Jumprope: very good composition and sense of motion, looks professional. I'm not good enough at art to tell whether her raised leg is in the right spot, but it looks good to me.

Get bent: very nice! Always good to see more older Maggie art, especially badass Maggie.

BG test: would be interesting to know the backstory, even if it's just a test pic. Good background, anyway: I get a very summery feeling from it, even though it's monochrome and fairly simple.

zzz: hilarious picture (I like it when people sleep in undignified ways), and the rainy window is a nice touch. I always like the dark shading. In terms of con-crit, her face looks a little bit too broad to me (even if I'm not an expert), and her hand looks a bit small.

Mini Mary mage: great pose and outfit. I'm sure she's a Mario villain in this pic.

Terri is still a pest: even two X chromosomes can't save Bart. Again, really cute and dynamic. Something about Bartie's left arm seems a bit flat, though (maybe it's just that it doesn't seem to take up much space in Terri's grip). Other than that, really well drawn, and that's a minuscule nitpick.

Kerri: wow, that's tragic. Maybe a bit too melodramatic, but the use of light and shade is great. The background is very well drawn. (I agree with Fernie; the way you use monochrome and shading is great.)

Selfie: maybe a bit sketchy, but looks good. I get a good feel for the background, and she has a nice outfit.

Portrait: something about the style feels... not bad, but it doesn't inspire me. It looks like some boring comic for teens. Technically, it's very good, though, and the inking looks fine.

Brit clothes: now this is nice! Her hair, her clothes, her pose and expression. Absolutely great.

Terri cloak: it's Terri, and she's wearing a cloak! Can't accuse you of false advertising. The cloak looks very good, and she has a nice expression.

stroll: nice, kind of simple, but her pose is nice, and she's well drawn in general.

Macklekitty and Milmouse: I love this! Especially Milmouse's expression.

Britcoatthing: again, you give Brit the best expressions, and her outfit looks great for her.

Too cool for college: very nice! No mistakes that I can see.

This took fifty tries: great picture, maybe a bit cheesy, but I always like teenage Maggie art, and the title deflates the cheesiness a bit. The pose looks great to me.

What can I say? You're a good artist.
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

Now offering writing commissions! Fanfiction or original, PM me for more information.
Nidotamer

Post by Nidotamer » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:07 am

Uh, might have had a thing to say but I'm either half asleep or half dead.
Attachments
failjerry.png
------
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling

Post by c_nordlander » Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:27 pm

Heh, cool idea for a pic, and looks good to me. Maybe his face should be longer, but otherwise it's good. Nice pose.
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

Nidotamer

Post by Nidotamer » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:36 am

More a sprite than actual art. But with an eye infection actually drawings are a but too much, I already suck when I *can* see clearly.
Attachments
utkidddos.png
------
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling

Post by c_nordlander » Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:01 pm

I do love sprite art.

These look nice: clean-looking and instantly recognisable. I'm impressed that you did so well with Maggie hair in such a simplistic style. It looks a bit big, but still, great job.

So I'm guessing one of the twins absorbed her sister's soul. :)
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

Nidotamer

Post by Nidotamer » Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:05 pm

Nah, I just like having tiny little differences with 'em, hence the different colour souls. Both purple but Sherri's is closer to Red, Terri's to Blue. :D
------
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling

Post by c_nordlander » Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:57 pm

Heh, I like the colour difference.
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

Nidotamer

Post by Nidotamer » Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:17 pm

A few lil' designs here and there. Bit more info in the spoiler, I think it's all still in development and stuff!
Spoiler
Attachments
kiddos.png
------
Stretch_Dude
Junior Secretariat
Junior Secretariat

Post by Stretch_Dude » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:35 pm

Those are some great designs and character concepts!
I memorized "Holy Grail" really well
I can recite it right now and have you ROTFLOL
- "Weird Al" Yankovic, "White and Nerdy"

"Any pile of stunted growth unaware that entertainment is just that and nothing more, deserves to doom themselves to some dank cell, somewhere, for having been so stupid!! Movies, books, T.V., music - they're all just entertainment, not guidebooks for damning yourself!" - Nny

I draw too, dammit!
Nidotamer

Post by Nidotamer » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:51 pm

Trying to fumble around and experiment little by little. In this case, slightly bigger ears. It's overall quite pointless but hey you get a Maggie out of it.
Attachments
bigears.png
------