The Nidotamer art depository, now less boring!

Post your art here! While this is a Simpsons and Futurama website, feel free to post works for other fandoms or original works here as well.
Stretch_Dude
Junior Secretariat
Junior Secretariat

Re: The Nidotamer art depository, now less boring!

Post by Stretch_Dude » Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:29 pm

Glad to hear things went well, O bespectacled bunny!
I memorized "Holy Grail" really well
I can recite it right now and have you ROTFLOL
- "Weird Al" Yankovic, "White and Nerdy"

"Any pile of stunted growth unaware that entertainment is just that and nothing more, deserves to doom themselves to some dank cell, somewhere, for having been so stupid!! Movies, books, T.V., music - they're all just entertainment, not guidebooks for damning yourself!" - Nny

I draw too, dammit!
Nidotamer
Sub-sector Control Officer's Assistant

Post by Nidotamer » Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:12 am

*soon-to-be don't forget.
------
"Harry tore his eyes from his head and threw them into the forest. Voldemort raised his eyebrows at Harry, who could not see anything at the moment."
---- Harry Potter and the Portrait of what Looked Like a Large Pile of Ash
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling
Custom Title: future Neuralink chassis

Post by c_nordlander » Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:45 pm

Good news! You're probably going to feel loads better now. At least you'll be able to see tiny details.
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

-- Mother Mother, "Business Man"

Now offering writing commissions! Fanfiction or original, PM me for more information.
Nidotamer

Post by Nidotamer » Fri Aug 13, 2021 1:59 am

Did have another thing done but it's a tiny bit self-indulgent so, not sure about it. It's sfw but I do wonder if I should have a second thread in the more private forum for certain pics...

In the meantime, here's a little thing I'd been learning!

It's easier to get a particular curve more exact if you make it a bunch of straight lines! In a way, think of it like making it lower poly! Actually, I find that last one helps with shading too.
------
"Harry tore his eyes from his head and threw them into the forest. Voldemort raised his eyebrows at Harry, who could not see anything at the moment."
Nidotamer

Post by Nidotamer » Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:43 am

... ah whatever I'm kind of a dumb joke anyway. :V

Got oddly invested in what I was gonna scrap halfway through. Bit messy and more error prone, I was off-meds when I did this. Still, think it was kinda sweet enough to keep... also think I winged it at perspective fairly well even if basic.

Also been doing a little experimenting with what I wanna do with Bart. I guess through seeing various things in fanfic with varying levels/lack of interest, as well as with the each flashforward ep since Future Drama taking from it in some way (did anyone really wanna see Jenda come back? Let alone not giving her a personality in *three* eps) and even more annoyingly, fanfic cribbing from F-D too (if the twins show up in one that isn't in present? 99% they're gonna be tied to Nelson, usually so the author can extoll how much more perfect Lisa is and blah blah...) then I've kinda become determined to figure out something different but still trying to keep true to various characters in different ways.
Spoiler
Attachments
bter.png
------
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling

Post by c_nordlander » Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:00 pm

It's a really good picture. Maybe the way they're placed feels a bit unbalanced (having the smaller character further from the "camera" means she's kind of hidden behind Bart), but unusual isn't the same as bad, and their poses themselves look great to me. I love the way you've drawn Bart, and the whole thing feels really sweet and affectionate. The photo of the twins as kids is a nice touch.

I like your idea for Bart's and Lisa's futures. Bart being nonbinary or just gender non-conforming makes sense, what with all the crossdressing on the show.

Feels like you need to read fewer bad fics, though. Not all futurefics are bad. We guys write stuff too. :)
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

Now offering writing commissions! Fanfiction or original, PM me for more information.
Nidotamer

Post by Nidotamer » Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:16 pm

Well ta! Admittedly I've not done a ton with perspective yet (and like I said I think my meds wore off before I did this) but... I kinda wanna build a bit of an innate sense for perspective. All those grids and stuff, not only is it cumbersome, it's a huge waste of time if the bg doesn't work out (maybe I'll try at some point doing basic layout, then grids to tighten it) but also how not everything follows grids... and it'd be hard to apply to characters too.

And if you've got recs to share there, feel free to send 'em in some way!

I'm still debating a little on whether I might want a thread on the private side. Baaasically, I've been having to draw a lot of stuff for someone, to get money for someone else's sake and been drawing little things to decompress. Only thing is like... there's nothing like super smutty but there's self indulgence and butts in some of these... plus I do wanna practice bodies and stuff and that's inevitably gonna have nudes in some places which I might need feedback on. Even for regular practice stuff I wouldn't feel too comfy putting that on a public thread though.
------
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling

Post by c_nordlander » Sat Aug 14, 2021 12:18 am

You probably know loads more than I about perspective. But of course, we can always learn more.
Nidotamer wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:16 pmAnd if you've got recs to share there, feel free to send 'em in some way!
Steve has a big future-verse, though I don't know whether he's actually written any of it that he wants to show.

Missy has written a lot of future stuff. Exit 158, a collaboration between her and Tony, is probably my favourite.

Just check out any of Missy's Simpsons fanfics in the archived site: at least the more recent pages should still have all files intact. Virtually all of it is future stuff. I don't know whether her future-verse is to your liking (it's a bit traditional, and yes, one or two things are based on "Future Drama"), but it's certainly well-written. Sadly, I don't have any missing files, though other members may have saved them.
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

Nidotamer

Post by Nidotamer » Sat Aug 14, 2021 6:07 am

Righty, I'll check those when I can! Though I've seen a few of them already.

So, threw together another study. This time for Bart. I'm a little bit self conscious if this is even going over anything valuable... Um, hopefully it's not a total retread of the handbook... right?
Attachments
simpshapestudies BART.jpg
------
Nidotamer

Post by Nidotamer » Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:19 pm

So, just wondering, if I offered to do stuff for money... anyone interested?

I kinda need to raise a lot, not just for myself either. Though that said, these probably aren't gonnabe *much* and I should be good to try whatever as long as the design isn't super complicated or it's explicit nsfw.
Prices are negotiable, for things I might need a little more for (like monochrome+shading or extra characters) but starting rate'll be around £5-10 if that gives an idea.
------
Nidotamer

Post by Nidotamer » Thu Aug 19, 2021 7:23 pm

They'll take some getting used to but...
Attachments
nerdterri.png
------
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling

Post by c_nordlander » Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:54 pm

Looks like they're at least not stopping you from creating good art! Very sweet expression and good colouring, especially the lighting on her hair. The fact that there's no space between the glasses feels really weird, but that's my only complaint, and maybe there are actually glasses like that.
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

Stretch_Dude
Junior Secretariat
Junior Secretariat

Post by Stretch_Dude » Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:20 pm

Adorable nerdtwin, and welcome to the 4-I Club! I shall fetch you your hard-boiled egg and prune juice posthaste!
I memorized "Holy Grail" really well
I can recite it right now and have you ROTFLOL
- "Weird Al" Yankovic, "White and Nerdy"

"Any pile of stunted growth unaware that entertainment is just that and nothing more, deserves to doom themselves to some dank cell, somewhere, for having been so stupid!! Movies, books, T.V., music - they're all just entertainment, not guidebooks for damning yourself!" - Nny

I draw too, dammit!
Nidotamer

Post by Nidotamer » Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:04 pm

And here's another sheet!
Attachments
simpshapestudies LISA.jpg
------
Nidotamer

Post by Nidotamer » Sat Aug 21, 2021 1:29 pm

More for my eventual designing reference but there's some little scribbles here and there that might be nice to see!
can you tell I'm really biased when it comes to Maggie designs?
Attachments
simpshapestudies Future part 1.jpg
------