The Nidotamer art depository, now less boring!

Post your art here! While this is a Simpsons and Futurama website, feel free to post works for other fandoms or original works here as well.
Nidotamer
Sub-sector Control Officer's Assistant

Re: The Nidotamer art depository, now less boring!

Post by Nidotamer » Fri Dec 26, 2014 4:41 pm

Looked up some Simpsons Tapped Out! stuff, mainly that there's a questline involving Janey, Bart and Lisa. Little amusing part is where Janey blackmails Bart into a blind date... but Bart can't exactly tell WHO he's dating...

"You wanted to see me, Sherri… Or is it Terri?"

"Bart Simpson! You can’t joke your way out of our date!"

"Oh yes, our date. First lets start with the romantic French tradition of stating our full names and then writing our first initials on our hands."

"That’s hilarious, Bart. Of course, I know your name. And, of course, you know mine. I love the way you say my name. Say it now, why don’t you."

"She… Ter… How about I give you a fun first date nickname instead? Let’s settle for ‘erri, just to be safe."

(also loved how they remembered things like twins addressing Bart by full name and Janey's hatred of Canadian fashion...)
Attachments
saymyname.png
------
"Harry tore his eyes from his head and threw them into the forest. Voldemort raised his eyebrows at Harry, who could not see anything at the moment."
---- Harry Potter and the Portrait of what Looked Like a Large Pile of Ash
Nidotamer

Post by Nidotamer » Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:48 am

Since last night I'm not sure if I'll really make something of this because I always doubt myself, ect. However it's at least fun to design!

Since I ended up attaching loads of ideas to lesser-used characters, I ended up thinking "what if I tried to make something new of 'em?" complete with zelda-boss style subtitles!

While my first attempt at doing designs kinda looked TOO similar to who she was based on, this one's a bit of a far cry from her "inspiration"

Jasmine (Or "Jazzy" as she'd prefer) has a bit of a thuggish face, with her usual scowling, unruly topknot and frequently occurring bruises and bandages. Her lack of an indoor voice and overbearingly assertive personality don't help and have left her with no friends. It's not like she's a bad person though, she's always considering what's best for people usually at her own expense and never starts fights with people that don't deserve it. Problem is what she thinks is best for people and what they may want could conflict quite drastically and her assertiveness means she never leaves well enough alone.

Musical talents: Was pretty good with a saxophone but when she got too caught up in the moment during a recital she ended up smashing it against her chair and hasn't been allowed to touch an instrument since. Or any expensive school property for that matter.

Secret shame: Despite being a bit prone to fighting, she's not tough at all. That and screwing up what people might want frequently, really hates herself for it.

Diet: Extreme canivore, nobody's ever got her to even try sprouts, broccoli, cabbage, lettuce and pretty much any other vegetable other than potato. Doesn't mind fruit though.
---
I'll probably work a lot more on appearance but I think I like the personality so far.
Attachments
jazzy.png
------
"Harry tore his eyes from his head and threw them into the forest. Voldemort raised his eyebrows at Harry, who could not see anything at the moment."
Nidotamer

Post by Nidotamer » Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:19 pm

On a bit of a roll here!

Did some attempts at "translating" faces. Didn't do that well on Moe or Skinner but I think I hit a good one with Apu. :3
Attachments
apu.png
moe.png
spanky.png
------
Nidotamer

Post by Nidotamer » Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:05 pm

Crappy new year! Cause I'm having hand problems again and without art I'm just entirely useless.
Attachments
crappynewyear.png
------
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling
Custom Title: Got a job to do and a husband to "make love to"

Post by c_nordlander » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:56 pm

I know I haven't commented on your art for a long time, but here are some overdue comments:

Bart and Sherri (possibly?): Looks really good. Nothing negative to say here. Plus the story is really funny.

Jazzy: a really cool character (we need more angry, prickly young female characters, and she's not Mary-Suish in any way), and a good design. I like her colour scheme, too.

I'll be back with more comments when I have the time.
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

-- Mother Mother, "Business Man"

Now offering writing commissions! Fanfiction or original, PM me for more information.
Nidotamer

Post by Nidotamer » Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:31 am

Didn't think I'd get into the idea of Bart & Terri having kids, I ended up coming up with ideas on a slow day and became quite fond of these two little shits.
--
Rosie "Rosaline" Simpson, "The wannabe socialite": The elder of the two by a little short of two years. She's really into high society and tries to dress the part (on a upper-middle class pocket money's budget...) and is more than a little ashamed at basically being a bastard child. Rosaline (as she calls herself) is under the impression that she has to be completely flawless at all times, often putting insane amounts of work into the most asinine things and tends to have a very low opinion of just about everyone else as a result.

Despite her usual diction ranging from flowery to antiquated her priorities are a little skewed, she'd be the first to get horrified at a sentence like "Who did you piss off?" but it'd likely be over it not being worded as "WHOM did you piss off?"

Social life usually ranges from scarce to nonexistent for good reason but she's been known to interact like a normal human being (sorta) and even possibly enjoyable company over a game of Earthland Relams (tabletop version only! Video games are for peasants)
--
Andrea "Andie" Simpson, "The happiest creature of the night": The youngest child and infinitely easier to get along with for a start. Andie has a disney-princess level affinity with all sorts of creatures, the creepy ones that is. Bats, rats, spiders, snakes and especially crows and ravens just can't get enough of her. She's also a lot more at home in pitch blackness and spends most of her time hanging out in graveyards.

In spite of all that (or perhaps because of it) she's especially cheery to say the least and her fashion sense could only be described as "disarmingly bright" and somewhat of a social butterfly amongst boys, her preferred human company, with her kooky animal friends and overactive sense of humour. She does have a bad habit of making awful jokes and puns at the worst times, including funerals. Though when she grows up her "style" tends to bite her in the backside especially when it comes to getting dates (turns out other teenage girls don't like tarantulas, who knew?)
--

As can be seen on the bottom pic, they don't get on very well at all.:P
Attachments
rosaline.png
andie.png
wretched.png
------
Nidotamer

Post by Nidotamer » Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:09 pm

Outside of some experiment to convert the overbite shapes into the overall face/cheek shape, I don't really have much to say here.
Attachments
sherre.png
------
Nidotamer

Post by Nidotamer » Sun May 10, 2015 4:02 pm

Um, been having hand issue for a while (chat regulars obviously know) but now I've gotten a new tablet and it's easier on my poor digits... which is good 'cause I don't think it's getting better anytime soon.

So here's something! Not sure why Terri here got drawn so fatty but... I couldn't just dump this one, I couldn't get enough of that overly satisfied look, like she managed to run 100m without medical attention...
Attachments
tubbi.png
------
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling
Custom Title: Got a job to do and a husband to "make love to"

Post by c_nordlander » Sun May 10, 2015 8:33 pm

That is well drawn! Especially her expression is great. I like the colours you've used, too.

And congrats to the new tablet.
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

-- Mother Mother, "Business Man"

Now offering writing commissions! Fanfiction or original, PM me for more information.
Nidotamer

Post by Nidotamer » Mon May 11, 2015 8:25 pm

Probably not gonna go for anything especially complex since the tablet's still new, surface is still a bit rough but it'll smooth out some later.
In the meantime.
First bit of the new ep was pretty disappointing but at least inspired this one. (I swear like, 90% of my disappointment was plot related!)
Attachments
dance.png
------
Nidotamer

Post by Nidotamer » Thu May 14, 2015 1:35 pm

New one! Now this tablet's smoothed out a bit, it's a huge step up from the other. Hopefully it shows in this pic!
Attachments
sock.png
------
Nidotamer

Post by Nidotamer » Sat May 16, 2015 4:14 pm

So trying more of that "style translating" thing going on. Kinda trying something with the mouths.

As far as errors go, the "bug eyes" is pretty intentional. Others not so much. Really could have done with that morpheus guy around, huh.

Also found this https://41.media.tumblr.com/e7b9f20b489 ... 1_1280.jpg which might be good for doing characters eyes in other styles, thinking Parallelogram for Jess, Waterdrop for Allison and obviously Almond for twins...
Attachments
bort.png
------
Nidotamer

Post by Nidotamer » Mon May 18, 2015 6:36 pm

And colouring error Sherri. From the S26 finale, ended up with brown hair and the greenish looking bows, couldn't gleam the rest since it was from behind... while further in the back one with the actual colours was sitting
must be that mystery triplet
Strangely the same error happened with their mom.

Aaaand that's the most interesting on-screen moment they had all season given they got no lines at all. I guess there was the birthday parties with only Maggie invited and not Bart and Lisa but that was offscreen...
Attachments
brown2.png
------
Nidotamer

Post by Nidotamer » Wed May 20, 2015 6:53 pm

Aaaaaand a... Janey?

I guess now I'm looking into writing I better start fleshing out some frequent intended stars a bit. Still considering stuff.

Given Janey's frequent turncoat tenancies and little karma houdini moment in "Sleeping with the enemy" I'm having a hard time thinking of her as anything outside of antagonist material. :P
Attachments
janey.png
------
Nidotamer

Post by Nidotamer » Tue May 26, 2015 8:01 am

Aaaaand more!

Hope you like hospital, Milhouse.
Attachments
oops.png
------