REVIEWS: The War on Terri (Simpsons)

Did you write something for the Simpsons, Futurama, original fiction or another fandom? Feel free to post it here!
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling
Custom Title: We have space marines at home

REVIEWS: The War on Terri (Simpsons)

Post by c_nordlander » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:39 pm

A short fic written for a commission by May. Set after "Simpson Tide". Terri tells Bart she's upset after Principal Skinner said she didn't deserve a place in the school bomb shelter, and Bart sees an excuse to get back at Skinner. Silly title is silly, I know.

A bit of Bart/Terri in this (if you're interested, it takes place after my fic "Bart's Night Out", though it's completely independent).

Prose format; comedy.
Attachments
war on terri.doc
(29.5 KiB) Downloaded 303 times
war on terri.odt
(32.62 KiB) Downloaded 279 times
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

-- Mother Mother, "Business Man"

Now offering writing commissions! Fanfiction or original, PM me for more information.
Nidotamer
Sub-sector Control Officer's Assistant

Re: REVIEWS: The War on Terri (Simpsons)

Post by Nidotamer » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:22 pm

Not sure if this was the best or worst timing for this to be uploaded!

Still, gonna give it a proper re-read tonight. But just wanted to say thanks for being patient with me. ^^;
------
"Harry tore his eyes from his head and threw them into the forest. Voldemort raised his eyebrows at Harry, who could not see anything at the moment."
---- Harry Potter and the Portrait of what Looked Like a Large Pile of Ash
gkscotty
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Post by gkscotty » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:05 pm

Started out cute and got real weird! I liked it.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone’s fault. If it was Us, what did that make Me? After all, I’m one of Us. I must be. I’ve certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We’re always one of Us. It’s Them that do bad things. - Jingo, Terry Pratchett
Nidotamer

Post by Nidotamer » Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:38 pm

Bart sighed. Was he going to have to apologise for Homer now? Every time he almost caused global thermonuclear war?
Seems weird to open with a quote but I'm tempted to stick that in my signature. :P

But it's another really strong showing from 'ya. One which makes me feel like I should have been charged more. And I do love Bart arguing against Terri, or the sorta bad but totally worth it ending. :D
------
"Harry tore his eyes from his head and threw them into the forest. Voldemort raised his eyebrows at Harry, who could not see anything at the moment."
---- Harry Potter and the Portrait of what Looked Like a Large Pile of Ash
missy_misery
Sector Control Officer
Sector Control Officer

Post by missy_misery » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:47 am

Downloading this to read and review next week, Chris!

And this is marvelous <3 I love your take on the kids as they get older; I love how you plump up Terri and Sherri's personalities. I loved everything you did with Bart!! Just perfect work!
Now known as Lisabella! (Or Missy.  Missy's good.)

Creator of the Waving Universe

Crack!Fic, The Marge Simpson Way: "Just then, Sir Lancelot rode up on a white horse and saved Joan of Arc.  They got married and lived in a spaceship.  The end." - Tales from the Public Domain, "Hot Child In The City"