Grasshopper

Did you write something for the Simpsons, Futurama, original fiction or another fandom? Feel free to post it here!
Bothead
Advisory Technical Manager

Re:Grasshopper

Post by Bothead » Mon Apr 12, 2004 6:51 pm

Nice. At least their destruction in the episode was quick.
Before continuing, it may be in your best interest, dear reader, to stop and ponder this. Picture it in your mind's eye. An evil one-eyed midget named Cheatum swam across the Gulf of Mexico wearing a shark fin on his back and then planted a bomb on a boat. Think about that. Let that sink in. Now. Wouldn't you want to buy a wrestling show after seeing this?

Dance Epidemic tonight!

Liverpool European Champions 2005. Go on the Kop!
missygal21880

Post by missygal21880 » Sun Apr 18, 2004 9:49 am

My little contribution:

Emerald tones swirled before her judicious eyes. She noticed each shade differed under filtering light; a shift seemed to turn over the colors, from dark to light.

Which would perfectly encapsulate her yearning to display the ennui brewing in her mind? Light would make a delicious irony, a form of sarcasm that her brother would appreciate. Darkness would give it an air of desperation, just what she wanted to express.

"Homer, have you seen my camera?"

"Lisa's using it.” He watched his daughter’s backyard game with curiosity, then laughed out loud "Kids: they don't have a care in the world.”
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling
Custom Title: We have space marines at home

Post by c_nordlander » Sun Apr 18, 2004 1:52 pm

Goodness, that's beautiful, Missy! Love the ending.
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

-- Mother Mother, "Business Man"

Now offering writing commissions! Fanfiction or original, PM me for more information.
Bothead

Post by Bothead » Sun Apr 18, 2004 3:20 pm

That's nice work there.
Before continuing, it may be in your best interest, dear reader, to stop and ponder this. Picture it in your mind's eye. An evil one-eyed midget named Cheatum swam across the Gulf of Mexico wearing a shark fin on his back and then planted a bomb on a boat. Think about that. Let that sink in. Now. Wouldn't you want to buy a wrestling show after seeing this?

Dance Epidemic tonight!

missygal21880

Post by missygal21880 » Sun Apr 25, 2004 6:46 am

Thank you both so much!

Missy
D.B.
Sub Lt
Sub Lt

Post by D.B. » Sun May 16, 2004 11:34 pm

Aye, t'is good, Missey. Kept meaning to reply, but never managed to follow through and say so (until I decided to post this - shows how shallow I am).

Anyway, here's my attempt at drivel drabbel. Wrote it a few weeks back, intending to edit it, but it doesn't seem to be improving. Based on my own experiences of valentine's day as a child.

"Lisa woke early, wondering why her stomach was full of butterflies. Then she groaned. Valentine’s day.

Classmates fawning over cards, comparing them, mocking anyone without - it was all so shallow, so commercialized, so… hurtful. Sighing, she decided to get the inevitable disappointment over with, and crept downstairs through the empty house to check the post.

And there it was – a white envelope, her name in looping pink letters. Signed “From your special someone…” She read it twice, thinking it must be a mistake.

Then she hugged it.

Cooking breakfast, Marge listened as Lisa scampered back upstairs. And smiled, knowingly."
Last edited by D.B. on Sun May 16, 2004 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The way to succeed is to get born at the right time and in the right place. If you can do that then you are bound to succeed. You have to be receptive and have some talent as well."
- Sydney Brenner
SirMustapha
Junior Secretariat
Junior Secretariat

Post by SirMustapha » Mon May 17, 2004 2:14 am

Hee hee, that was very good, DB. Very, very good. :) What more can I say, really?
"I know that the bourgeoisie stinks, but it has money to buy perfume."
-- Falcão
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling

Post by c_nordlander » Mon May 17, 2004 4:06 pm

Lovely indeed!
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

Now offering writing commissions! Fanfiction or original, PM me for more information.
Kif White
Senior Executive
Senior Executive
Custom Title: Decepticon Commander

Post by Kif White » Wed May 19, 2004 7:42 am

Well, I decided I might as well post the first paragraph of the new Futurama fic I'm going to work on, since I just wrote it and it came to 100 words. Nothing really to distinguish it from being an original story, but... eh...

--------

Thundering across metal plains her boots galloped, her stride as long as her legs could reach and as strong as the muscles could take. Strength was needed to escape, and that's all that was on her mind at the moment. As it had been for most of the past few years of her life. And she wasn't that old either. Only two decades of age in her and she had spent many of that running. Running from them. The pain was too much if you didn't run. Far more than the throbbing in her thighs and cracking in her calves.
- Kenneth White

"Know the conflict within before facing the conflict without."

Now Watching: Babylon 5 - Season 3
Now Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening, Pokemon Heart Gold
Now Reading: Catch 22
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling

Post by c_nordlander » Wed May 19, 2004 3:21 pm

Eeep! That's very good writing, Kenneth. Very good. It creeps me out a little bit... good work!
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

JM
New SNPP Employee
New SNPP Employee

Post by JM » Thu May 20, 2004 12:09 am

Hay cool! People are still trying this. ;D

Yo, Kiff. Your drabble is distrubing and descriptive - I like that. Nice conflict going on too.

Hay D.B. (amazing how happy that name makes me feel inside). Awesome work in describing Valentine's Day. Very cute way to finish it up too.

And Missy, I'm sorry for not giving your drabble a response. 'Tis very nice and cute - you know, one of those Aww moments. 8) Well written as well.
JM: Is this situation too serious, or am I asking too many questions?
Reasonable voice in the night: You're asking too many questions.
[a little while later]
Distant Radio that no one notices until now: ... Can't stop the spirits when they need you
This life is more than just a read-through ...
Bothead

Post by Bothead » Thu May 20, 2004 7:51 pm

Kif's one really makes you think what is happening to the character as well as who it is happening to.

Dance Epidemic tonight!

missygal21880

Post by missygal21880 » Sun May 23, 2004 10:43 am

Thank you, JM.

wow, D.B., your piece was lovely; that's the Marge and Lisa relationship I want to remember when I think of the show.

Missy
missy_misery
Sector Control Officer
Sector Control Officer

Re: Grasshopper

Post by missy_misery » Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:20 am

Thread necromancy with a purpose - I've written a wee drabble and I couldn't resist posting it: Frama, some one-sided Fry/Leela: 

“Eh, forget what the Professor said. Alc-Anon is for quitters!” Bender cried out abruptly, slinging a metallic arm around Leela’s shoulders. “QUITTERS!” he added, puffing more cigar smoke into her face. Then with a ‘beep’ he shut down his phone. “Okay, squishy, your date's over here..."

Leela coughed as she shooed away the noxious cloud as they crossed the threshold of the Hip Joint. Why had she agreed to go to this place with Bender? Oh yes, he swore he knew someone who knew someone who might be interested in dating a ‘freaky kinda chick such as yourself’. After she’d smacked a magnet onto Bender’s forehead and watched him do a jig, she’d agreed to the meeting because….

…Well, she didn’t really have a good reason, other than wanting to get out of the house. Leela ground her teeth together as she imagined the loser he’d set her up with. For once, she was thankful that Amy had shown up for moral support, even though she’d brought Kif along.

Bender half-dragged her to the table, then (tried and failed woefully to) push her toward the nearest chair. “I’ll take it from here,” Leela declared, then broke off in mid-sentence. “Fry?”

He gave a sheepish smile. “Hi, Leela.”

“I’ll leave you two jerkwads – I mean, lovers, alone….” Bender said, backing away from the table and leaving Leela to fantasize about kicking him right in his shiny, metal ass.
Now known as Lisabella! (Or Missy.  Missy's good.)

Creator of the Waving Universe

Crack!Fic, The Marge Simpson Way: "Just then, Sir Lancelot rode up on a white horse and saved Joan of Arc.  They got married and lived in a spaceship.  The end." - Tales from the Public Domain, "Hot Child In The City"
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling

Re: Grasshopper

Post by c_nordlander » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:48 am

Very nice, Missy! Everyone is in character, and it generally feels like it came straight out of the show.
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon