Grasshopper

Did you write something for the Simpsons, Futurama, original fiction or another fandom? Feel free to post it here!
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling
Custom Title: We have space marines at home

Re: Grasshopper

Post by c_nordlander » Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:53 pm

Thank you!
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

-- Mother Mother, "Business Man"

Now offering writing commissions! Fanfiction or original, PM me for more information.
missy_misery
Sector Control Officer
Sector Control Officer

Post by missy_misery » Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:26 am

Oh man, this is fun Chris!
Now known as Lisabella! (Or Missy.  Missy's good.)

Creator of the Waving Universe

Crack!Fic, The Marge Simpson Way: "Just then, Sir Lancelot rode up on a white horse and saved Joan of Arc.  They got married and lived in a spaceship.  The end." - Tales from the Public Domain, "Hot Child In The City"
missy_misery
Sector Control Officer
Sector Control Officer

Post by missy_misery » Fri Dec 25, 2015 11:59 am

Brief Waving-verse ficlet, as I'm trying to get back into writing it:

There’s nothing sweeter than knowing you’ve reached some sort of success. For Sofie Krustoffsky, the word meant something much different then it did to her clown father. It means a little house and a bike shop on the beach, and the wind at her back..

When he visits he doesn’t get the peace that it brings her, but he at least respects it.

Also some random Lisa from Days of Future Passed with older Mags thrown in:
The story’s very simple, really, though she does have to scale it down a tick or two just so Homer can understand what she’s talking about. Lisa met Anne at a book fair back at college, and they’d bonded over a love of the blues and Kafka and the gut-punching prose of Doctor Dre. They’d become a couple from that day on, going steady for a couple of years.

Two years later they met Jan, who worked at the campus library. Jan was everything Anne wasn’t – she loved to ride her bike and hike and listen to punk rock. She was wild and cool, and she inspired, and it turned out that Anne was observant….and to Lisa’s luck, open to poly situations. So now the three of them shared an off-campus apartment and shared expenses and lives. It was that simple. Cut and dried.

“It’s an extremely simple story. I don’t know why he finds it so confusing,” Lisa said to her sister.

“It’s Homer,” Maggie said. “I love the big guy but he doesn’t understand how romance works outside of mom. And barely with mom. Like, ever.”

“Give him lots of credit – he knows how to sweep her off her feet.” Lisa grunted, tucking the phone under her chin as she dragged her suitcase a step closer to the door. “I’m just a little nervous that everything’s going to fall apart and Anne and Jan are going to hate my family and everything about them.”

“Li, you never get a little nervous,” Maggie said. “You get a lot nervous and start hyperventilating over the turkey.”

“That’s true, but you don’t have to rub it in,” she muttered. “So did you tell them?”

“That I went to audition on Springfield Idle and got green sheeted? No way! I had to sneak out on a bus to get there, mom will blow her stack when she realizes I went without her permission.”

“I think they’re going to figure it out when you show up on TV in a few months,” Lisa said.

“Dad doesn’t watch the show anymore – he thinks they got too preachy. All I have to do is keep it cool until I get a ticket to Hollywood. Then I’ll lower the boom on camera. That way dad won’t lose it and mom won’t worry too much.”

“Do you even know our folks?”

“About as well as you do.”

“So you’re going to lie forever and expect them to be cool with a bunch of creepy producers from the Fox Network taking their adorable ten year old daughter off to Hollywood?”

“Yep.”

“My my, who knew you’d be more sneaky than our brother?”

“Every teacher I ever had and probably Principal Skinner’s withered old bones?”

“True. I’ll be at the airport in five hours with my girls. PLEASE text me if Mom starts freaking out.”

“I’ll ask mom if we can take the Canyonero Junior. Bart’ll probably have Dad’s car and it’s not big enough anyway; he’s supposed to take Genda out to the mall.”

“Right. Of course. My nerves must be getting to me.”

“Lis, I can hear you chewing on the door frame. Chill out, it’s gonna be cool. I uh…love you, y’know.”

“Yes, of course. Mags, stay safe.”

“Of course! Stay loose, kid, see ya soon.”

Maggie was something of a sight for sore eyes to Lisa. Her little sister had always been a beacon to her, a sign of righteous and intelligent life among the complex and sometimes foolish personalities that were rife in Springfield.

One of whom was yelling into a cell phone that was too small for his hand. “Bart, get your but out of the bathroom! Lisa’s here!”

Among them her father. “Hi, dad,” she said nervously, and found herself swept up into a big hug.”

“I’m so glad to see you!” Then in a stage whisper, he added, “we switched cable companies and I can’t figure out how to program the TV.”

“I’ll help later. Mom!” she said, opening her other arm to let her mother into the
“I’ll help later. Mom!” she said, opening her other arm to let her mother into the embrace.

“Oh, Lisa my sweetie!” there was a kiss pressed to her cheek, gently and quickly. “And you’ve brought your special friend Anne with you!”

“In that I’m Lisa’s girlfriend still, yes,” said Anne. “Good to see you Marjorie.”

“And you brought another friend with you!” Marge said. “

Crack!Fic, The Marge Simpson Way: "Just then, Sir Lancelot rode up on a white horse and saved Joan of Arc.  They got married and lived in a spaceship.  The end." - Tales from the Public Domain, "Hot Child In The City"
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling

Post by c_nordlander » Fri Dec 25, 2015 8:05 pm

A few typoes and mistakes: it should be "Sophie Krustofsky"; EDIT: "then it did" should be "than"; "Genda" should be "Jenda"; "your but" should be "butt"; you shouldn't have a quotation mark after "hug"; there's a duplicated line; the last line looks like it's meant to have more dialogue in it.

The first scene (the Sophie Krustofsky one) has a tense change ("meant", while the rest is in present tense).

Aside from those nitpicks, these are great. The first one is about a character who barely ever shows up in fanfiction, and is very low-key and well-written. Nice to see her in the Waving-verse. The other story is well-written and packs a pretty heartwarming punch. I particularly like Maggie's characterisation in it, but Lisa is pretty perfect as well. Also, Homer's line about the TV is the funniest joke I've seen in a long time, and very much in character.

I haven't seen the episode in question, so I don't really know the background - just dropping a lesbian polyamorous relationship into the story like that felt a bit startling, but you know, why not? Goodness knows relationships like that could do with more positive representation, and the story is nice and not sensationalising. Marge's and Homer's reactions aren't clichéd.

So yes, a very good read.
Last edited by c_nordlander on Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

Now offering writing commissions! Fanfiction or original, PM me for more information.
missy_misery
Sector Control Officer
Sector Control Officer

Post by missy_misery » Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:53 am

Sophie and Allison's pieces are probably next, Wavingverseward; I haven't had inspiration in the longest of times.

The poly lesbian pairing's canon for the Days of Futures Past version of canon (Lisa ends up with Milhouse in it though).

c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling

Post by c_nordlander » Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:02 am

missy_misery wrote:The poly lesbian pairing's canon for the Days of Futures Past version of canon (Lisa ends up with Milhouse in it though).
Ah, I never saw the episode. It makes more sense now.

And I hope you get loads more inspiration.
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

Tony_Baritone
Advisory Technical Manager
Advisory Technical Manager

Post by Tony_Baritone » Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:49 pm

Beautiful drabble, and echoing what Chris wrote plus adding an LOL over "the gut-punching prose of Doctor Dre". :)
SirMustapha
Junior Secretariat
Junior Secretariat

Post by SirMustapha » Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:06 pm

I have no idea why I neglected to review it back when you posted it. I read it, then promptly forgot to comment, I guess. Hardly anything to say about the drabble that the others haven't said. It really strikes a chord.

The dialogue in the short fic is particularly good. Lisa's relationship is described in a very nice and colourful way, which is even more impressive considering how concise it is. And yes, it is a simple story. I also didn't know about it being canon, but it really fits Lisa somehow. I was actually eager to see how the story would go on! The loose open quote at the end looked particularly like a tease. I really enjoyed it.
"I know that the bourgeoisie stinks, but it has money to buy perfume."
-- Falcão
missy_misery
Sector Control Officer
Sector Control Officer

Post by missy_misery » Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:50 pm

Aww, thanks so much guys!

c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling

Post by c_nordlander » Fri May 06, 2016 11:55 pm

A little drabble from Leela's perspective, set after my fic Future Trauma. Pretty spoilery, but probably won't make much sense unless you've read the original story.

The title is a line from My Chemical Romance's song Kill All Your Friends.

And I Will Die in This Place

A few nights after Ipji died, I had the dream. It felt like I had had it a few times.

I am back in the field where we faced the Peacemakers. Their war machines have trodden the ground to muck. I slip and my armour is too heavy. The mud sucks and the servos just propel me deeper.

I see Fry against the pale grey horizon. He doesn't look my way. I shout, and he is walking away.

I make a last effort to pull free, and that tosses me awake.

But I was the one who left him.

THE END
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

missy_misery
Sector Control Officer
Sector Control Officer

Post by missy_misery » Sun May 08, 2016 10:10 am

Ooof, right in the heart! Good work Chris.

c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling

Post by c_nordlander » Fri May 27, 2022 10:20 am

Another Futurama one.

As for who Laura is, I have no idea. I didn't know any character I could willingly saddle with the fate of being in a relationship with Zapp.

Zapp the Dad

Attended by Kif, Zapp proceeded with caution into the maternity module, once all the fluids had been cleaned up. He’d seen many battlefields – granted, he’d thrown up on most of them, too, so maybe there was some similarity.

He grabbed the baby from the cot at the end of Laura’s bed. A little future DOOP officer to carry on his legacy. He was bald, though. Maybe Laura should buy a tiny little toupée for him.

The baby blanket slipped off.

Laura woke from frenzied shaking. Zapp stood over her.

“The baby is female! Have you cheated on me?”

THE END
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

missy_misery
Sector Control Officer
Sector Control Officer

Post by missy_misery » Tue May 31, 2022 5:35 am

I deeply pity Laura, but LOL oh my God, their poor daughter.

c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling

Post by c_nordlander » Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:30 am

New year, new drabble. So of course it's anti-Fry/Leela.

Based on the bubble-riding scene in Bender's Big Score.

Overshot

Leela had already taken off with her new beau when I reached the bubble rental.

I paid more than I could afford for the last bubble and rushed upstairs to set off after them. For a moment, I felt the nauseous pain of seeing the buildings rise below me, then my bubble found an updraft. I sailed toward the orange horizon. I could still see Leela’s and Lars’ dark outlines against the sky ahead.

They were on a current below me, and I didn’t have any way of going lower. Instead, I raised my gaze and floated toward the sunset.

THE END
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon