Plot Bunny Shelter!

Did you write something for the Simpsons, Futurama, original fiction or another fandom? Feel free to post it here!
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling
Custom Title: We have space marines at home

Re: Plot Bunny Shelter!

Post by c_nordlander » Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:02 pm

Very interesting idea, Enhas! I think it would work well.

@Stretch Dude: also interesting. I've had similar ideas, though they never got past the ideas stage. It sounds somewhat similar to Markus' "Timeline of Horror", but could really go in very different directions.
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

-- Mother Mother, "Business Man"

Now offering writing commissions! Fanfiction or original, PM me for more information.
Stretch_Dude
Junior Secretariat
Junior Secretariat

Post by Stretch_Dude » Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:26 pm

A Spy in Mancunia wrote: @Stretch Dude: also interesting. I've had similar ideas, though they never got past the ideas stage. It sounds somewhat similar to Markus' "Timeline of Horror", but could really go in very different directions.
Having now read that story, it doesn't seem similar to me... "Timeline" seemed like more of a Crisis-esque crossover thing, while my idea just revisits each one individually.
I memorized "Holy Grail" really well
I can recite it right now and have you ROTFLOL
- "Weird Al" Yankovic, "White and Nerdy"

"Any pile of stunted growth unaware that entertainment is just that and nothing more, deserves to doom themselves to some dank cell, somewhere, for having been so stupid!! Movies, books, T.V., music - they're all just entertainment, not guidebooks for damning yourself!" - Nny

I draw too, dammit!
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling

Post by c_nordlander » Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:41 pm

That's true. I should have made it clearer that that fic is the only fic I know that actually treats the THoHs as having consequences. I'd like to see more of that.
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

Now offering writing commissions! Fanfiction or original, PM me for more information.
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling

Post by c_nordlander » Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:32 pm

OK, I have one.  :E

"Fiddler Crab on the Roof": Zoidberg takes a shine to the Jewish community of New New York (maybe they let him sleep in the synagogue shelter), and decides to convert to Judaism, but goes into a depression when he finds out that, as a crustacean, he's unclean.

I like the title, but I don't really know where to take it from there. (And the central joke has already been done somewhat in "Future Stock".) Besides, I sadly don't know all that much about Jewish religion and culture. Whoever wants to write it is welcome to it.
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

Terry Y
Senior Executive
Senior Executive
Custom Title: Head Bee Guy

Post by Terry Y » Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:41 pm

Hehe, I remember this one!  And I still love the idea!
"I love cooking with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food." - Julia Child
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling

Post by c_nordlander » Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:35 am

Bunch of old ideas I'm fairly sure I won't write, so handing them out to the highest bidder:

Simpsons fics:

"Full Metal Jackass": Bart returns to Rommelwood Military School to win a bet, but during a wilderness trek in full gear he goes badly wrong and ends up intruding on the British Embassy. An *evil* British General decides to take this as an act of aggression from America, and Bart is placed in custody. His family have to set him free somehow, and the man they choose to save him is the one most likely to pursue Bart unyieldingly... Sideshow Bob.

"Citizen Jane": Thirty or so years in the future, Senator Lisa Simpson is running for President... against her old friend, Janey (as the ghost of George Washington predicted, see "Lisa the Iconoclast"). Will either of them be prepared to use underhanded tactics to win the election? A bit of an attempt to flesh out Janey's character as well. Should probably be written by someone with more of a grasp on American politics than I have.

"Marge's Moment of Beauty": Comedy/drama. While out jogging, Marge manages to talk a suicidal man down from a roof. A news channel promises to interview her about her heroic action, but as the interview is run against a major sports event on another channel, it passes virtually unnoticed. Embittered, Marge becomes obsessed with gaining the admiration of her fellow townspeople.

Futurama fics:

"The Chronic Juggernauts": Another flippin' time travel story, though this one is possibly novel. When the Professor finally invents a time machine, what is the next course of action? To mass-manufacture it in order to wage a war against another time period, of course.

"Don't Be Afraid": Crossover with The Young Ones. Rick, Vivian, Mike and Neil take over the Earth for some reason (one continent apiece), and the Planet Express crew has to fight them, eventually turning them against each other.

More to come, perhaps...
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

missy_misery
Sector Control Officer
Sector Control Officer

Post by missy_misery » Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:06 am

Ahh!  I remember Citizen Jane!  Too bad it's become an abandoned plotline.
Now known as Lisabella! (Or Missy.  Missy's good.)

Creator of the Waving Universe

Crack!Fic, The Marge Simpson Way: "Just then, Sir Lancelot rode up on a white horse and saved Joan of Arc.  They got married and lived in a spaceship.  The end." - Tales from the Public Domain, "Hot Child In The City"
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling

Post by c_nordlander » Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:36 am

Why don't you write it?  :fry
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

Meteorite
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer
Custom Title: spacehorse

Post by Meteorite » Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:46 am

Freshly inspired idea based on something I saw today:

During an exceptional slow news week, the Springfield newspaper staff digs through their emergency 'news' articles to find something to print.  What they find is an old poll in which the people of Springfield were asked their opinions on various names.  When it's run, everyone is moderately pleased with their name's results, except for Lisa who discovers that people generally think of her name as being not that attractive, highly lucky and dead last on being successful.  She initially dismisses the poll as being inaccurate, but soon starts to question whether or not her achievements thus far in life were based on her skill or pure luck, and whether if Lisa is such a good name for her at all.

Bonus points if you make it nothing like 'Separate Vocations', 'Lisa the Simpson' and 'Homer to the Max'.

<gkscotty|drawing> most people play Pokemon games with GameFAQs or a Pokéwiki open
<gkscotty|drawing> you seem to have TVTRopes :P

Sometimes I feel like dressing up my Gaia avatar.
Feels kinda pointless since I don't actually do stuff at Gaia, so I'm putting it here.
missy_misery
Sector Control Officer
Sector Control Officer

Post by missy_misery » Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:49 pm

@Chris - I'm tempted, but I already have something in the offing from SD's idea  :leela

Crack!Fic, The Marge Simpson Way: "Just then, Sir Lancelot rode up on a white horse and saved Joan of Arc.  They got married and lived in a spaceship.  The end." - Tales from the Public Domain, "Hot Child In The City"
THIEFOFALWAYS
New SNPP Employee
New SNPP Employee

Post by THIEFOFALWAYS » Wed May 14, 2008 1:46 pm

A Spy in Mancunia wrote: "Marge's Moment of Beauty": Comedy/drama. While out jogging, Marge manages to talk a suicidal man down from a roof. A news channel promises to interview her about her heroic action, but as the interview is run against a major sports event on another channel, it passes virtually unnoticed. Embittered, Marge becomes obsessed with gaining the admiration of her fellow townspeople.
I like this idea. I think I'll take a crack at it. The idea of Marge pursuing something that isn't some unrealized dream like painting, but something more charitable only to be conflicted as to whether she really wants to help people or just craves the attention.
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling

Post by c_nordlander » Wed May 14, 2008 1:56 pm

I'm glad you want to write it!
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling

Post by c_nordlander » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:09 pm

A bit late, but kudos to Missy (Ariel?) for starting to write one of Stretch Dude's fic ideas, namely The Bouvier Girls.

And a very good fic it is, too! If you haven't already done so, check it out.
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

missy_misery
Sector Control Officer
Sector Control Officer

Post by missy_misery » Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:43 am

Heh, thank you, Chris :) .  I'm still Missy, I just wanted a cheerier SN for the board.

Stretch_Dude
Junior Secretariat
Junior Secretariat

Post by Stretch_Dude » Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:27 am

Another broad concept that popped into my head some time ago: Taking existing episodes with interesting stories that failed to live up to their potential and "fixing" them, which can mean anything from sticking to the basic plot and making general improvements, to reducing the story to a bare-bones summary and building it back up again into something new and better.

Examples would include infusing "Strong Arms of the Ma" with a dose of drama and emotional depth (I seem to recall someone writing a scene in that vein before the episode aired) and rewriting "Husbands and Knives" so that the new-comic-store plot is the main focus instead of being completely ignored after Act 1.
I memorized "Holy Grail" really well
I can recite it right now and have you ROTFLOL
- "Weird Al" Yankovic, "White and Nerdy"

"Any pile of stunted growth unaware that entertainment is just that and nothing more, deserves to doom themselves to some dank cell, somewhere, for having been so stupid!! Movies, books, T.V., music - they're all just entertainment, not guidebooks for damning yourself!" - Nny

I draw too, dammit!