Welcome to the Disenchantment board!

For discussion of the new series!
gkscotty
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Welcome to the Disenchantment board!

Post by gkscotty » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:23 pm

As you may know, Disenchantment will be hitting Netflix on the 17th. Personally, I'm pretty excited about it - from what I've heard the first episode isn't perfect but it quickly picks up steam after that.

I decided to create a new board for discussion and reviews of the new series because, with the way Netflix operates, it's likely all ten episodes will be available immediately, which would mean ten review threads going up simultaneously, which would drown out what little discussion goes on in General. So please feel free to talk about it in here! I'll probably merge this back into general once it dies down.

I'll put up review threads once we know what the titles are. Feel free to put them up if you beat me to it.

Anything you're looking forward to from it?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone’s fault. If it was Us, what did that make Me? After all, I’m one of Us. I must be. I’ve certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We’re always one of Us. It’s Them that do bad things. - Jingo, Terry Pratchett
SirMustapha
Junior Secretariat
Junior Secretariat

Re: Welcome to the Disenchantment board!

Post by SirMustapha » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:32 pm

I'm curious to check it out, yeah, and it seems like it will be released over here on Netflix too. But of course, at the rate I usually go, it'll probably take me three years to watch the first season...
"I know that the bourgeoisie stinks, but it has money to buy perfume."
-- Falcão
gkscotty
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Post by gkscotty » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:03 pm

Well, it's out tomorrow. Guess we'll see what they've achieved then!

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone’s fault. If it was Us, what did that make Me? After all, I’m one of Us. I must be. I’ve certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We’re always one of Us. It’s Them that do bad things. - Jingo, Terry Pratchett
Tony_Baritone
Advisory Technical Manager
Advisory Technical Manager

Post by Tony_Baritone » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:09 pm

Small.heads-up for Americans: Matt Groening will be appearing on "Late Night" tonight/tomorrow morning at 12:30 A.M. Eastern. "Disenchanted" will presumably be the topic of discussion.
Nidotamer
Sub-sector Control Officer's Assistant
Sub-sector Control Officer's Assistant

Post by Nidotamer » Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:36 pm

I'd watch buuuuuut I don't have netflix, so I guess I'll have to wait until it's available elsewhere...
------
"Harry tore his eyes from his head and threw them into the forest. Voldemort raised his eyebrows at Harry, who could not see anything at the moment."
---- Harry Potter and the Portrait of what Looked Like a Large Pile of Ash
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling
Custom Title: We have space marines at home

Post by c_nordlander » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:44 pm

High effort shitpost: I was watching the elf singing scene from episode 1 on Youtube, and found a female elf who looks rather familiar:
elflisa.jpg
(OK, so she appears to have a ponytail in a different colour (?), but in between yellow skin + spiky hair, this feels a bit too close to be coincidental to me.)
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

-- Mother Mother, "Business Man"

Now offering writing commissions! Fanfiction or original, PM me for more information.