Cannot log in at home

Technical questions, problems and any bug reports must be posted here.
THIEFOFALWAYS
New SNPP Employee
New SNPP Employee

Cannot log in at home

Post by THIEFOFALWAYS » Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:18 pm

I already have logged in at work (on Internet Explorer), but that was awhile ago and I can't remember my password to log in at home. I tried using the email password function but it never works. Today I tried to request my password on Safari at work and I got the message that 'The username THIEFOFALWAYS doesn't exist'.

Is the email password function not working? What's going on?
D.B.
Sub Lt
Sub Lt

Re: Cannot log in at home

Post by D.B. » Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:31 pm

I've just tried the email recovery system and no, it doesn't seem to work. Which is odd.

Anyway, I should be able to reset your password by hand if you'd like me to. If so, is the email address in your profile still accurate, or would you like to post / pm me an alternate one?
"The way to succeed is to get born at the right time and in the right place. If you can do that then you are bound to succeed. You have to be receptive and have some talent as well."
- Sydney Brenner
THIEFOFALWAYS
New SNPP Employee
New SNPP Employee

Post by THIEFOFALWAYS » Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:42 pm

I tried to create a new account under my current email and received the message that another user was using that same email. So the email under my account is up to date. Please send the password reset link to that email address.

And thank you.
D.B.
Sub Lt
Sub Lt

Post by D.B. » Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:53 pm

Email sent. I've had to replace your password entirely (looks like you may have gotten logged out in the process) so if that still doesn't work let someone know and I'll get one of the competent admins to give it a go :)
"The way to succeed is to get born at the right time and in the right place. If you can do that then you are bound to succeed. You have to be receptive and have some talent as well."
- Sydney Brenner
D.B.
Sub Lt
Sub Lt

Post by D.B. » Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:08 pm

Oops. I've just noticed your email address in your new account looks different to that in your old one, so that email may not have gone to the inbox you desire. As such I've activated your new account, so fingers crossed you should be bale to log in using that if it hasn't worked, and we can try this again.
- Sydney Brenner
THIEFOFALWAYS
New SNPP Employee
New SNPP Employee

Post by THIEFOFALWAYS » Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:23 pm

Thanks. Like your Stone Sour avatar by the way.
D.B.
Sub Lt
Sub Lt

Post by D.B. » Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:14 pm

Ah, worked then. Excellent :) And good spot of the avatar :D
- Sydney Brenner