Plot Bunny Shelter!

Did you write something for the Simpsons, Futurama, original fiction or another fandom? Feel free to post it here!
archonix
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Plot Bunny Shelter!

Post by archonix » Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:41 pm

We all have them, and sometimes they need to go to a good home, so if you've got any plot ideas that you are sure you aren't going to use you have the option of dropping them here. Who knows where another writer might take them?

All bunnies will be placed in good homes. :)
Our choicest plans have fallen through, our airiest castles tumbled over, because of lines we neatly drew and later neatly stumbled over.
— Piet Hein - Grooks
sabrina_diamond
Trainee Technician
Trainee Technician
Custom Title: Hippie

Re: Plot Bunny Shelter!

Post by sabrina_diamond » Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:43 am

I had an idea based on what would happen if the Simpsons were in an alternate universe where Homer was a vampire-hunter and Marge was a lady who was the reincarnation of Homer's long lost sister, but it never got written. So I dare some other writer to write it out. :D
Dead Composer
Trainee Technician
Trainee Technician

Post by Dead Composer » Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:40 am

"The Wages of Beer"

A parody of "The Wages of Fear".  Homer, Lenny, and Carl, hoping to make some extra cash, accept a dangerous assignment from Mr. Burns.  They must drive a truck filled with unstable nuclear material to a secret facility in the mountains; the catch is, the slightest accident could release toxic radiation, killing them all.  Will they make it?
Enhas
Safety Technician
Safety Technician

Post by Enhas » Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:31 pm

Here is an idea I have, copied from one of my posts at TLZ:

BENDER'S BIG SCORE SPOILERS BELOW!

++++++++++
Spoiler
++++++++++

I also like to see a story starring that very attractive blonde woman who Lars worked with (I can't remember her name, but it was said in BBS somewhere).  She's how I picture "Alan's wife" looking like in one of my stories, only with shorter and darker blonde hair and a bit more modestly dressed. :D

(Enhas wishes that he could draw.)
Last edited by Enhas on Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CROWD: What do you want?
FRY: Fry's dog!
CROWD: When do you want it?
archonix
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Post by archonix » Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:51 pm

Here's one for you all.

I was going to write this, and then didn't. Plot was simple: Leela gets kidnapped by the Amazons after some crone or other decides they need to get themselves a new queen. Once there she gets turned into an amazon herself, either through a mind-linked clone or by some other means such as a beam of some sort. I preferred the clone idea myself, for this reason: once the PE crew find and rescue "Leela", the clone starts to think independently of the mind-control doodad that was previously linking it with Leela. Once they return this presents an ethical problem, because this Leela clone has an independent life, but isn't really very smart, and the real Leela is still trapped somewhere on the Amazon planet. Probably in a tube.

Kind of a loose send-up of The Save Spock's Brain. :)
Our choicest plans have fallen through, our airiest castles tumbled over, because of lines we neatly drew and later neatly stumbled over.
— Piet Hein - Grooks
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling
Custom Title: We have space marines at home

Post by c_nordlander » Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:06 pm

I was always really keen on that idea, Graham.

Who knows, now you've disowned it, maybe *I'll* write it...

(Not a promise, but it definitely intrigues me. I just hope I'll be able to do it justice.)
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

-- Mother Mother, "Business Man"

Now offering writing commissions! Fanfiction or original, PM me for more information.
Enhas
Safety Technician
Safety Technician

Post by Enhas » Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:45 pm

Speaking of clones, I have an idea for a story that goes kind of like this:

- After a time-skip not long after her divorce (in 3002, before the timeskips are stopped), Leela awakes to find herself somewhere that is definitely not New New York.

- It turns out that it's a parallel universe, and she has no way to get back.  It's also 3002 there, and the city is still called just "New York".. and the technology level is completely different (even more advanced in some cases than New New York).

- Mostly, the story would be about her adjusting to her new life and making new friends.  Her best friend would be some guy (who isn't a Gary-Stu, or an alternate Fry), who wouldn't like her more than a friend and vice-versa.  But eventually (around 3005), they would date and eventually marry.

- In late 3007, some old scientist that he knows (not the Professor) discovers an opening to her universe.  Since the two are so far away, a roughly two-week "window" only opens between them at erratic times.  The next window after that one would be 288 years away.  He also figures out (somehow) that a window opened about five years ago, which is why Leela is there.

- They leave together back into Leela's home universe, only to discover that another Leela is still at Planet Express (Bender's Big Score crossover).

- The Professor uses a device to determine which one is the real Leela.  The one who lived in the parallel universe turns out to only be five years old chronologically, making her a clone.  How it ever happened, nobody knows.

- Her husband doesn't care who she is, but loves her.  They spend the two weeks going around New New York, meeting Leela's parents (remember, clone-Leela never met them), and talking with the "real" Leela and others.  There'd be a dinner-date with both Leelas, her husband, and Lars.  Fry would be jealous that he doesn't have either Leela.

- A few other Bender's Big Score events and crap mixed in.  At the end, clone-Leela wants to go back to the parallel universe because her life is there and because the other Leela is living her own life.  Her husband tries to give advice to Fry.

- On second thought, I think this idea sucks and FutureMoon sounds better. ;D
archonix
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Post by archonix » Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:48 pm

I don't know, it has potential. I like the idea of Fry having to deal with two Leela's who aren't (apparently) interested in him.
— Piet Hein - Grooks
Enhas
Safety Technician
Safety Technician

Post by Enhas » Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:16 am

Well, in my head it would probably only be the last quarter of the story that would crossover with BBS.  Most of it would be focused on Leela adjusting to her new life, kind of like how Fry did when he first came into the future.  Parallel New York would be a much different place than New New York.

Clone-Leela isn't a paradox clone either, just a normal one but we'd never find out how she was created.

I'd imagine that there'd be a very awkward conversation between her and Fry, since the last memories she would have of him would be of the rushed wedding / divorce (plus the fact that she is married).  I don't know how most of her conversations with her old friends would go, since she would have lived a very different life for the past five years than the Leela they know.

Oh, and there'd have to be a line about a Leela sandwich somewhere in there, probably from Fry.
Stretch_Dude
Junior Secretariat
Junior Secretariat

Post by Stretch_Dude » Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:54 am

Archonix wrote: Here's one for you all.

I was going to write this, and then didn't. Plot was simple: Leela gets kidnapped by the Amazons after some crone or other decides they need to get themselves a new queen. Once there she gets turned into an amazon herself, either through a mind-linked clone or by some other means such as a beam of some sort. I preferred the clone idea myself, for this reason: once the PE crew find and rescue "Leela", the clone starts to think independently of the mind-control doodad that was previously linking it with Leela. Once they return this presents an ethical problem, because this Leela clone has an independent life, but isn't really very smart, and the real Leela is still trapped somewhere on the Amazon planet. Probably in a tube.

Kind of a loose send-up of The Save Spock's Brain. :)
I am in total support of this idea for reasons I do not feel are necessary to delve into. ;) But also because it's a really neat idea.
I memorized "Holy Grail" really well
I can recite it right now and have you ROTFLOL
- "Weird Al" Yankovic, "White and Nerdy"

"Any pile of stunted growth unaware that entertainment is just that and nothing more, deserves to doom themselves to some dank cell, somewhere, for having been so stupid!! Movies, books, T.V., music - they're all just entertainment, not guidebooks for damning yourself!" - Nny

I draw too, dammit!
sabrina_diamond
Trainee Technician
Trainee Technician
Custom Title: Hippie

Post by sabrina_diamond » Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:32 pm

There was one fanfic I always wanted to write but never started:
Lisa goes to the new Springfield College talked about in "Bart to the Future" but this time around she has trouble adjusting to the general chaos of college and she meets a new friend who introduces her to a teenager by the name of Chrisroff.
Stretch_Dude
Junior Secretariat
Junior Secretariat

Post by Stretch_Dude » Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:16 pm

There's a concept that's been kicking around my head for a few years now: Taking a THOH short that didn't end with things going back to normal (or close to it) and visiting its future. For example:

How do the Simpsons survive in a post-"Homega Man" world?
What are the girls' lives like on Mars after the Y2K Disaster?
How does Homer get along in the real world after "Homer³"?

I'm not talking stuff like "Life With Donut-Head Homer" or "Homer's Adventures in Crazy Forked-Tongue-People Land." I mean endings that could produce interesting stories.
I memorized "Holy Grail" really well
I can recite it right now and have you ROTFLOL
- "Weird Al" Yankovic, "White and Nerdy"

"Any pile of stunted growth unaware that entertainment is just that and nothing more, deserves to doom themselves to some dank cell, somewhere, for having been so stupid!! Movies, books, T.V., music - they're all just entertainment, not guidebooks for damning yourself!" - Nny

I draw too, dammit!
Enhas
Safety Technician
Safety Technician

Post by Enhas » Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:18 pm

Here is an alternate ending to Bender's Big Score that I may or may not use:
Spoiler
Meteorite
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer
Custom Title: spacehorse

Post by Meteorite » Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:21 pm

Stretch Dude wrote: I'm not talking stuff like "Life With Donut-Head Homer" or "Homer's Adventures in Crazy Forked-Tongue-People Land." I mean endings that could produce interesting stories.
Well now, that sounds like a challenge.  ;)

<gkscotty|drawing> most people play Pokemon games with GameFAQs or a Pokéwiki open
<gkscotty|drawing> you seem to have TVTRopes :P

Sometimes I feel like dressing up my Gaia avatar.
Feels kinda pointless since I don't actually do stuff at Gaia, so I'm putting it here.
missy_misery
Sector Control Officer
Sector Control Officer

Post by missy_misery » Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:40 pm

Stretch Dude wrote: Taking a THOH short that didn't end with things going back to normal (or close to it) and visiting its future. For example:

How do the Simpsons survive in a post-"Homega Man" world?
What are the girls' lives like on Mars after the Y2K Disaster?
How does Homer get along in the real world after "Homer³"?
Argh, tempted!  Especially with #2...
Now known as Lisabella! (Or Missy.  Missy's good.)

Creator of the Waving Universe

Crack!Fic, The Marge Simpson Way: "Just then, Sir Lancelot rode up on a white horse and saved Joan of Arc.  They got married and lived in a spaceship.  The end." - Tales from the Public Domain, "Hot Child In The City"