Reviews - Lisa Fitzgerald

Futurama and The Simpsons fan fiction have been the staple of the Simpsons and Futurama Fanworks Central since its inception.
Forum rules
Things to remember when posting:
  • If you want a review please place REVIEW: at the start of the topic line
  • There may be some time between you posting and people replying, as our members do their utmost to read through a fic before telling you want they think
  • Reviews must be made with good grace and politeness. "It sucks" isn't a review.
  • Finally, please try to stay on topic. :)
jenny
Supervising Technician
Supervising Technician

Reviews - Lisa Fitzgerald

Post by jenny » Fri Apr 19, 2002 5:07 pm

Thank Our Gracious God That's Over.

Enjoy. If you can. ::)
HOUSE MUSIC ALL NIGHT LONG!!
aoifestorm
Sub-sector Control Officer

Re: Reviews - Lisa Fitzgerald

Post by aoifestorm » Fri Apr 19, 2002 5:51 pm

:) Yay!  What a great conclusion to a great story!  After the trial, I thought maybe the story would finish there, with a happy ending. I'm glad you chose the path of the mind-f**k ( sorry, but I calls 'em as I sees 'em) instead though.  It was a very interesting plot twist and I think the end of the story was stronger because of it.  I don't really want to go into to many details about the very end in case people haven't read it yet.  It was a great way to close the story though, and I was happy to see that things turned out the way they did.
This was really a wonderful story, Jenny. I can't wait to see your next one.
Homer eats a little too much Chile to strong pepper and is found with hullicinations amongst other things it speaks with a dog.
gkscotty
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Post by gkscotty » Fri Apr 19, 2002 5:51 pm

It's hard to review this piece. There are so many things that I could comment on - characterisation, theme, plot. But really only one word need be said to cover it all.

SUPERB

Read it, it comes highly recommended.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone’s fault. If it was Us, what did that make Me? After all, I’m one of Us. I must be. I’ve certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We’re always one of Us. It’s Them that do bad things. - Jingo, Terry Pratchett
Marco

Post by Marco » Fri Apr 19, 2002 7:10 pm

Can't do a review, there aren't any worthy words for this story... it may sound clichè but it's true.
I probably will have a clearer mind tomorrow about this, but right now, i just want to drown into all the life, all the love you made me feel.

Thanks.
Craig_Fotheringham

Post by Craig_Fotheringham » Sat Apr 20, 2002 2:05 am

Wow. That's definately the best Simpsonic fanfic I've ever read (I'm not kidding)!  :D
Ranman
Technical Supervisor
Technical Supervisor

Post by Ranman » Sat Apr 20, 2002 2:36 am

Wow. That was... I can't describe that. It was great. I actually came close to tears at points.
"But you can also purify enemies, and convert them to join your side. It's like being a Jehova's witness, except you hand out cans of whoop-ass instead of those Watchtower leaflets."
-- Ian Jones-Quarty, discussing La Pucelle Tactics
----------
"Aye, the Welsh and Gaelic languages are a sight to behold. You have to drink a LOT of magic beer to read them."
-- Unknown
archonix
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Post by archonix » Sat Apr 20, 2002 10:26 am

*added to the rather large list of Things To Read*

But you already know what I think of it anyway, so :P
Our choicest plans have fallen through, our airiest castles tumbled over, because of lines we neatly drew and later neatly stumbled over.
— Piet Hein - Grooks
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling
Custom Title: future Neuralink chassis

Post by c_nordlander » Sat Apr 20, 2002 1:11 pm

OK, I thought I could honour you with a balanced and comprehensive review. Then I got to the bit where Lisa faced Jack, and "Flowers In The Window" came up on the playlist, and... well... I'm emoting. No Simpsons fanfic... dammit, no work of literature, period, has ever touched me like this.
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

-- Mother Mother, "Business Man"

Now offering writing commissions! Fanfiction or original, PM me for more information.
SirMustapha
Junior Secretariat
Junior Secretariat

Post by SirMustapha » Sat Apr 20, 2002 6:00 pm

I never, ever thought I could read such a big history and actually enjoy it at its fullest. ;D

But, anyway, I'm damn sure this fic will be a huge mark in the history of Simpsons fanfiction. I say that because I *hardly* get involved with written histories, but this got me deeply involved, and it's proven that many people are and will be involved with it as well. Ah, screw it, I have no words. It's perfect and everybody here thinks the same.
"I know that the bourgeoisie stinks, but it has money to buy perfume."
-- Falcão
Jon

Post by Jon » Sat Apr 20, 2002 8:23 pm

I'm almost halfway through it. It's excellent.  ;)

Edit: Done! It was really great.  ;D
Last edited by Jon on Thu Jan 01, 1970 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

I've heard that guy's an idiot.
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling
Custom Title: future Neuralink chassis

Post by c_nordlander » Sun Apr 21, 2002 9:24 am

Oh, I forgot to answer this in the chat, Jenny. You asked me when and if I would give you a balanced and sensible review, and the answer is: when you start writing fics which aren't PERFECT! W00t!
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

-- Mother Mother, "Business Man"

Now offering writing commissions! Fanfiction or original, PM me for more information.
Karsten_Thiel
Sub-sector Control Officer's Assistant
Sub-sector Control Officer's Assistant

Post by Karsten_Thiel » Sun Apr 21, 2002 11:34 am

Well, what can I say? It's brilliant! I don't remember ever reading a story that has touched me as deeply as this one. There were just so many wonderful scenes...In one word, it's perfect. Easily one of the best stories I've ever read (maybe the best), and without doubt a milestone in the history of "Simpsons" fanfiction.

My grade: A+++ (and I'm not exaggerating!)
What flows from me nose does not go on the clothes.
Tony_Baritone
Advisory Technical Manager
Advisory Technical Manager

Post by Tony_Baritone » Mon Apr 22, 2002 2:04 am

Very little left to say that I or others have not.  You've done a remarkable job creating a character that represents at once the established Lisa that we all know and love, and an original character who is more or less unrecognizable, and combining them to create something unforgettable.  The descriptions of each scene are exceptionally strong and complement the action perfectly.  Jack Fitzgerald is a truly nightmarish force, coming off as one of those beings that leave one few options save direct confrontation.  While there are sugary moments, they do a good job of setting off the harder-edged tone of the fic and even enhance the story's innate toughness.  The final chapter is truly harrowing, a summation of everything we've seen and a gut-wrenching climax followed by a most satisfying resolution.  This is a top-notch story start to finish.
Last edited by Tony_Baritone on Thu Jan 01, 1970 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kwyjibo

Post by Kwyjibo » Mon Apr 22, 2002 11:32 am

Uh... What to say, that haven't already been said..
I love it! :D

It is definitely also the best fanfic I've ever read. It's great. The characterisation is perfect, you really believe in the characters. It's really, really, really great!
Daniel_Walkinshaw
Supervising Technician
Supervising Technician

Post by Daniel_Walkinshaw » Tue Apr 23, 2002 4:23 pm

Hmm.. what can I say that everyone else hasn't already. You do have a gift Jenny. You should try it with non-simpson related material. You may have a unknown talent for writing dramatic stories. With little detail in the courst scene it still seemed to work perfectly. I definately love the somehow seemingly unnecesary happy moment scenes (e.g the concert) but that what adds to the charm... you learn to love both the highs and lows of Lisa Fitzgerald's life. They seem like a beautiful jewel in her life. But dang!!! 2nd??
"There's no shame in being second!" - Lisa
"Boo!" - Crowd.
"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" - Lisa
The names for her rival instrument players were... I dunno... a bit too... "sucking up to the big boss" - like. Graham Lawson?? Bah!!! :P  Give the trophy to Ralph! :))
Anyway.. if I didn't think it could get any better... the kidnap occurs! Woo! A typical twist that I always like to write myself! How many times I do that in my Bart/Bob fics. :) Thats why I loved it so! I could trully relate to this writer!
Well done Jenny! Great fic!
Last edited by Daniel_Walkinshaw on Thu Jan 01, 1970 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.