(WIP) "How About You?" (Frama) (Fry/Leela) (Collaboration in progress)

Get help, post works in progress for feedback and see articles and tutorials written by other writers.
missy_misery
Sector Control Officer
Sector Control Officer

(WIP) "How About You?" (Frama) (Fry/Leela) (Collaboration in progress)

Post by missy_misery » Sun May 24, 2009 7:48 am

This fic is a developing collaboration between myself and my friend, Becky.  Will include Fry/Leela, is post-movies canon, and should rank no higher than a PG.

NOTE: My name's the only one in the disclaimer right now 'cause I haven't recieved her section of the story yet.

SUMMARY: Leela goes to her parents to discuss a certain something.
Attachments
HowAboutYou.rtf
(46.74 KiB) Downloaded 733 times
Now known as Lisabella! (Or Missy.  Missy's good.)

Creator of the Waving Universe

Crack!Fic, The Marge Simpson Way: "Just then, Sir Lancelot rode up on a white horse and saved Joan of Arc.  They got married and lived in a spaceship.  The end." - Tales from the Public Domain, "Hot Child In The City"
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling
Custom Title: We have space marines at home

Re: (WIP) "How About You?" (Frama) (Fry/Leela) (Collaboration in progress)

Post by c_nordlander » Sun May 24, 2009 10:28 am

More fic!

I have no negative comments about this so far. There's little to say, but what you have is funny. I love Leela's parents (they remind me of my own folks in many ways) and wish they were in a lot more fics. They're very much in character here, as is Leela. Plenty of humour: I liked "no spoilers!" and Zoidberg getting lost in the closet, and a lot of other lines.

I guess I'll have to see more before I can say more. Suffice it to say, this is a good opening, and it'll be fun to read something set after "Into the Wild Green Yonder".
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

-- Mother Mother, "Business Man"

Now offering writing commissions! Fanfiction or original, PM me for more information.
CalculatedChaos
New SNPP Employee
New SNPP Employee

Post by CalculatedChaos » Sun May 24, 2009 6:11 pm

Yes, that was way too much of a teaser to just leave off on. Tell your collaborator to kick it into gear! I really have nothing else to add at this point, Chris covered it all.

Oh, one question. I noticed that this will be split into 4 sections. Is it going to be divided into You/Becky/You/Becky, or more of a melting pot?
We apologise for the inconvenience.
missy_misery
Sector Control Officer
Sector Control Officer

Post by missy_misery » Wed May 27, 2009 8:38 pm

Thanks, Chris and CC :)

@Chris - I admit I like the "no spoilers!" part the best - it started as a suggestion that got stretched out in this fic.

@CC - The former :) We write the main body of each segment the way you parsed it out, then edit the pieces together, throwing in lines at the approval of the other (yes, we edit via instant messaging *chuckles*) I wrote the main body of this, but Becky did some beta work on it and approved its inclusion into the general fanon of the cumulative piece.  Since this is very WIP-ish, I expect to change the disclaimer to fully reflect it as soon as I get the next seg :).  Thanks so much for your compliments!

Crack!Fic, The Marge Simpson Way: "Just then, Sir Lancelot rode up on a white horse and saved Joan of Arc.  They got married and lived in a spaceship.  The end." - Tales from the Public Domain, "Hot Child In The City"
CalculatedChaos
New SNPP Employee
New SNPP Employee

Post by CalculatedChaos » Thu May 28, 2009 7:03 am

If you can get a purely online collaboration to work, more power to you! :)
The few times I have tried never seemed to work out as expected and the project fell through. I hope to see some good results from you!
We apologise for the inconvenience.
missy_misery
Sector Control Officer
Sector Control Officer

Post by missy_misery » Fri May 29, 2009 12:29 am

Thanks, CC! 

I've been lucky with my collaborators; all of them have come through.