REVIEW: Lrrreconcilable Ndndifferences

Discuss The Simpsons, Futurama and other Groening related stuff. Remember Life in Hell?
Forum rules
When posting reviews of new episodes, please be sure to add "REVIEW:" to the start of your title so the software knows that it's a review.
KANG
Sub-sector Control Officer's Assistant

REVIEW: Lrrreconcilable Ndndifferences

Post by KANG » Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:09 pm

I must say, this one was a none-stop laugh and good episode of Futurama. I really like the new season.
It´s not just a good thing that secondary-characters get more attention (lrrr is so very hilarious and relateable), I also like Fry in this episode, it´s his old clumsy and childish behaviour with so much love in himself. Also Bender had some great parts and Leela is stil the brave and reasonable person.
Spoiler
Good day to you all. :)
Gulliver63

Re: REVIEW: Lrrreconcilable Ndndifferences

Post by Gulliver63 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:32 am

Spoiler
"We are today's creatures, locked in tomorrow's double feature..."
David Bowie
missy_misery
Sector Control Officer
Sector Control Officer

Post by missy_misery » Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:11 am

Spoiler
Letter Grade: B
Now known as Lisabella! (Or Missy.  Missy's good.)

Creator of the Waving Universe

Crack!Fic, The Marge Simpson Way: "Just then, Sir Lancelot rode up on a white horse and saved Joan of Arc.  They got married and lived in a spaceship.  The end." - Tales from the Public Domain, "Hot Child In The City"
Gulliver63

Post by Gulliver63 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:00 pm

Spoiler
I notice that they make lots of references to things from "our" generation, like Soylent Green jokes. If any young people need answers on these things, just ask "Gramps" here!:D
David Bowie
Stretch_Dude
Junior Secretariat
Junior Secretariat

Post by Stretch_Dude » Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:47 pm

Gulliver, we're not that young and clueless. ;)
Spoiler
I memorized "Holy Grail" really well
I can recite it right now and have you ROTFLOL
- "Weird Al" Yankovic, "White and Nerdy"

"Any pile of stunted growth unaware that entertainment is just that and nothing more, deserves to doom themselves to some dank cell, somewhere, for having been so stupid!! Movies, books, T.V., music - they're all just entertainment, not guidebooks for damning yourself!" - Nny

I draw too, dammit!
Gulliver63

Post by Gulliver63 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:45 pm

Oh, thank god...that means that I'm not that old then ::puts false teeth back in:: :D
David Bowie
gkscotty
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Post by gkscotty » Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:16 pm

Spoiler

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone’s fault. If it was Us, what did that make Me? After all, I’m one of Us. I must be. I’ve certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We’re always one of Us. It’s Them that do bad things. - Jingo, Terry Pratchett
archonix
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Post by archonix » Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:14 pm

I agree with much of what was said. I didn't like it as much as others, but some parts were funny. All in all it felt a lot like the Bigfoot episode... though without the feeling of being two half-episodes stitched together in the middle.
Spoiler
Our choicest plans have fallen through, our airiest castles tumbled over, because of lines we neatly drew and later neatly stumbled over.
— Piet Hein - Grooks
AssistantCrone
Sub-sector Control Officer
Sub-sector Control Officer

Post by AssistantCrone » Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:54 pm

Spoiler
Last edited by AssistantCrone on Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Now, I know art is all about expressing ourselves, but today we're going to express ourselves by getting it right." --DB
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling
Custom Title: We have space marines at home

Post by c_nordlander » Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:44 am

Not as good as "The Prisoner of Benda", but I liked it a lot.

I've always been kind of indifferent (ndndifferent?) to Lrrr and his wife: they feel kind of like they belong to a different world than most of the cast. (Well, they do, Omicron Persei VIII. But I digress.) I was expecting this to be mainly a "how Lrrr got his groove back" story, and wasn't really looking forward to it. Instead, the plot kept throwing me for clever twist after clever twist.
Spoiler
The very ending felt like it bogged down a bit, though that might just have been because I'm still not a shipper. Mainly, I didn't get why none of the cast noticed
Spoiler
Fry's comic was funny (especially the art style), though it might have taken a bit too much time. The Comic-Con scenes were, of course, a big heap of self-referentiality, but damn if it didn't make me laugh pretty much constantly. Great costumes, too.

The downsides:
Spoiler
Not much, really, except maybe the plot meandered a bit too much, and I'm still not a Lrrr and Ndnd fan. Also, like I said, the "gun on the mantelpiece" in the ending being a bit predictable.

Still loads better than "Spanish Fry" (which I consider the worst Lrrr episode), IMO.

EDIT: I didn't really see that much of a friendship between Lrrr and Leela, more a case of her usual bossy nature expressing itself in helping him. Which is really all it needed for a jealous wife to get mad at her.
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

-- Mother Mother, "Business Man"

Now offering writing commissions! Fanfiction or original, PM me for more information.
missy_misery
Sector Control Officer
Sector Control Officer

Post by missy_misery » Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:00 pm

Spoiler
Now known as Lisabella! (Or Missy.  Missy's good.)

Creator of the Waving Universe

Crack!Fic, The Marge Simpson Way: "Just then, Sir Lancelot rode up on a white horse and saved Joan of Arc.  They got married and lived in a spaceship.  The end." - Tales from the Public Domain, "Hot Child In The City"
Quazie89
New SNPP Employee
New SNPP Employee

Post by Quazie89 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:39 pm

Another one of my favorite episodes of this season. What made it memorable for me was Maurice LaMarche's Orsen Welles impression. I'm surprised they didn't have him do something like that before the show was cancelled.