STORY: "The Dream Gulf"

We aren't limited to fanfic. Any writing that doesn't fit elsewhere can go here. Feel free to post poetry, stories, articles, ideas and any other fiction or non-fiction you wish.
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling
Custom Title: We have space marines at home

STORY: "The Dream Gulf"

Post by c_nordlander » Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:23 am

A very short (<2 pages) story, based on a nightmare I had. Normally, that would probably be a warning sign, but this one had a coherent and interesting enough plot that I decided to do something with it.

Scary, but not in a graphic way.

As usual, just ask and I'll email it to you. All feedback is greatly appreciated.
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

-- Mother Mother, "Business Man"

Now offering writing commissions! Fanfiction or original, PM me for more information.
missy_misery
Sector Control Officer
Sector Control Officer

Re: STORY: "The Dream Gulf"

Post by missy_misery » Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:54 am

Me please :)
Now known as Lisabella! (Or Missy.  Missy's good.)

Creator of the Waving Universe

Crack!Fic, The Marge Simpson Way: "Just then, Sir Lancelot rode up on a white horse and saved Joan of Arc.  They got married and lived in a spaceship.  The end." - Tales from the Public Domain, "Hot Child In The City"
Tony_Baritone
Advisory Technical Manager
Advisory Technical Manager

Re: STORY: "The Dream Gulf"

Post by Tony_Baritone » Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:12 am

This fic most definitely has the feel of a dream: the stream of consciousness, formless nature of visions, pausing just long enough to form a deep thought or two before moving on. As someone who's always dreamt in full color, I never have understood the association of dreams with limited color palettes, but you bring that notion well. And, as I said in chat, I liked the intrusion of Everquest into the ancient feel of things.