Fiction wish list

Get help, post works in progress for feedback and see articles and tutorials written by other writers.
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling
Custom Title: We have space marines at home

Fiction wish list

Post by c_nordlander » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:44 pm

OK, with Christmas a month-and-a-bit away, I have a proposition to make.

Basically, this is a thread for everyone to post their requests for a fanfic, and writers who wish to volunteer write one (or more!) of them in time for Christmas and post them in the Writing forums (or The Creative Pen if non-Groening stories, or our sister forum if they're Venture Brothers fanfics).

Writers who wish to volunteer can do so in this thread, and add some specifics, such as:

*which fandoms you are prepared write for ("original fiction" counts as a fandom for this purpose)
*if you will only write in certain genres (e.g. romance) or other formats (e.g. flashforward, flashback, crossovers), or alternately if you have ones you won't write
*how long stories you are prepared to write (e.g. 100-2000 words)
*how many stories you want to write
*any other restrictions on which requests you'll take

Those who want to make requests, be as vague ("a Venture Brothers fic") or as specific ("a 3000-word prose Venture Brothers time-travel fic with a pairing between a young Rusty and Triana") as you like. Just stick to our fiction guidelines (i.e. no explicit sex, extreme gore, or offensive stuff). Just ask for the fics you want to read. Now's your chance!

And yes, volunteer writers can also put up requests for their compatriots to do.

No competition element. It's all for good fun, allowing readers to get the stories they've always wanted, and writers to get out of their ruts and try something new. If two or more writers want to write for the same request, go for it!

~~~

So, to start things off, here's my writing volunteer card:

Fandoms I can write for: The Simpsons, Futurama, Venture Brothers, Yu-Gi-Oh (including abridged version), "Lord of the Rings", "Discworld", "Final Fantasy VI", "Final Fantasy VII", "Final Fantasy VIII", "Ico", "Psychonauts", Edgar Allan Poe's works, original
Preferred genres and formats: Any, really, but not interested in crossovers at the moment. Will be equally prepared to write script and prose.
Length limits: No upper limit, but obviously don't expect any huge epics
Number of stories: 2. I might do more if any prompts interest me, but two are all I'm binding myself to

Let's get this fella off the ground.

~~~

Also, my requests:

*Anything Venture Brothers. We need more fanfic from you brilliant minds.
*Venture Brothers fic about the Baron and his minions.
*... or about the cast's college days.
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

-- Mother Mother, "Business Man"

Now offering writing commissions! Fanfiction or original, PM me for more information.
Gulliver63
Sub-sector Control Officer's Assistant

Re: Fiction wish list

Post by Gulliver63 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:47 am

Oooh, this is so cool...I just finished a rough draft of a Leela story tonight, and Mike and I have a colab Futurama story that we're putting the finishing touches to - I'll have to pay attention to this.
"We are today's creatures, locked in tomorrow's double feature..."
David Bowie
Red_Line
New SNPP Employee
New SNPP Employee

Post by Red_Line » Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:34 am

What a great idea. And I need an excuse to force me to write something and after the 21st I should have some time so what the heck, I'm taking requests. Futurama only please.
Gulliver63

Post by Gulliver63 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:53 am

I second the motion, Futurama only please...Simpsons and Venture Brothers are awesome, but I'm used to writing about the PE gang. Like you said, no upper limit, but no epics. I'm used to writing more of a science fiction oriented Futurama story with some humor thrown in. The playground gate is officially open.
Last edited by Gulliver63 on Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
"We are today's creatures, locked in tomorrow's double feature..."
David Bowie
missy_misery
Sector Control Officer
Sector Control Officer

Post by missy_misery » Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:04 am

Thirded! I was thinking of suggesting the exact same thing! <3

Chris - should someone simply announce their claims or just go on and write?

Fandoms: Frama, Simpsons, Venture Brothers, Evil Dead Trilogy, Burn Notice, Etc. (Suggest something and if)
Genre: Completely open.
Length: 250-1000
How Many: One (can provide pinch hit if need be)
Restrictions: None beyond the site's limits
Prompts: Simpsons: Seymour/Edna fic, I'd adore that, or general futurefic foccusing on the Simpson clan; Frama - Kif/Amy, Professor/Mom, or genfic, please; Ventures: Anything featuring Dr Mrs/The Monarch, Dean/Triana, or Brock/Mol; futurefic. Feel free to play about an dhave fun with the concepts and pairings :)
Now known as Lisabella! (Or Missy.  Missy's good.)

Creator of the Waving Universe

Crack!Fic, The Marge Simpson Way: "Just then, Sir Lancelot rode up on a white horse and saved Joan of Arc.  They got married and lived in a spaceship.  The end." - Tales from the Public Domain, "Hot Child In The City"
kaspired
Advisory Technical Manager
Advisory Technical Manager

Post by kaspired » Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:12 am

I'll have to keep my four eyes on this. Should be good...
if you panic you freeze, if you freeze you crash.
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling

Post by c_nordlander » Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:46 am

I say announce your claims if you want to (it might help to show people that this thread is seeing some action), but it's not necessary. Like I said, ideas aren't "taken": it's OK if several writers want to write for the same request.
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

Now offering writing commissions! Fanfiction or original, PM me for more information.
Enhas
Safety Technician
Safety Technician

Post by Enhas » Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:04 pm

I'd like a short Simpsons THOH fic (one segment only, not three) where everyone in Springfield is slowly being replaced by alien-lookalikes, and only Lisa notices and has to try and stop it before it's too late. The idea for this came from chat a few weeks ago, and much of the credit for the idea goes to Alex.
CROWD: What do you want?
FRY: Fry's dog!
CROWD: When do you want it?
FRY: Fry's dog!
missy_misery
Sector Control Officer
Sector Control Officer

Post by missy_misery » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:35 pm

Noted, Chris! :)

Crack!Fic, The Marge Simpson Way: "Just then, Sir Lancelot rode up on a white horse and saved Joan of Arc.  They got married and lived in a spaceship.  The end." - Tales from the Public Domain, "Hot Child In The City"
Rush
New SNPP Employee
New SNPP Employee

Post by Rush » Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:31 am

Hey, people over on FMMB suggested I'd post this idea over here as you can guess it's a Futurama fan fiction. Since I don't have the writing skills in doing such a piece (someone else can volunteer to write it if they so wish.), write it in story mode, unlike the transcript format I write in if you want to. And I am unaware if anyone has written/suggested something like this before, if so tell me here in this thread or PM/email, then this idea can be abandoned due to someone doing it before.

Basic plot someone (maybe one of the PE staff) leaves their job in order to set up "Prevention Of Suicide Clinic" to stop people from killing themselves, which becomes very successful in stopping many people from using Suicide Booths, thus stopping them from killing themselves, while all of New New York give this person the "kindest person on Earth" award". Mom isn't very happy that her business in "Suicide Booths" is making her far less money than before due to the "Prevention Of Suicide Clinic". So Mon does a smear campaign against (using ads and stuff) "Prevention Of Suicide Clinic" to bring his or her business down hill or close it down completely. So that more people will kill themselves using the Suicide Booths, thus making her money. However, let's just say her smear campaign didn't work, and had the opposite effect more people began opening up their own "Prevention Of Suicide Clinic", and Mon just either gives up ripping her hair out, or comes with yet another evil plan to get back at the "Prevention Of Suicide Clinic", (like maybe Mon set up her own "Prevention Of Suicide Clinic" to make money, though that wouldn't really be in character for her.).

Some lines scene ideas, I've made on the top of my head.

Bender: 'Damn suicide booths, they're serial killers and they can get away with it. Also when I ask the police can I go around "killing all Humans", they say no, and you'll get in a lot of trouble for that.

Scene: Mon sitting on her desk reading a newspaper with the head line "kindest person on Earth" award"." She tears up the newspaper and throws it on the ground.

Mom: (shouting) 'Brick crap, I'm losing money! [She stands up and paces back and forth.] I know what to do, I'll write a smear campaign against them. With such ads like that Suicide Booths stops over population and do we really want a over crowded world? Mmm maybe, we do have planets to live an across the universe to live on other than Earth. So I may have to come up with something else.
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling

Post by c_nordlander » Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:17 am

And I have fulfilled the requests... of sorts.

Rush's Christmas gift: Suicide Is Paying. I got good use of the jokes you suggested.

And Missy's, over at http://www.venture-industries.com: Seven Days to the Wolves. Actually, just two chapters of it. But it's a twofer (futurefic *and* Dean/Triana), so I think I can get away with it. EDIT: It's all finished now.

Merry Christmas or whatever other holiday you observe, everyone!
Last edited by c_nordlander on Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

missy_misery
Sector Control Officer
Sector Control Officer

Post by missy_misery » Sat Dec 25, 2010 9:35 pm

Chris' fic, "A Hundred Days From Here", will be uploaded in a little bit on VI, too!