The Return of Pretty Soldier Simpson Moon

Futurama and The Simpsons fan fiction have been the staple of the Simpsons and Futurama Fanworks Central since its inception.
Forum rules
Things to remember when posting:
  • If you want a review please place REVIEW: at the start of the topic line
  • There may be some time between you posting and people replying, as our members do their utmost to read through a fic before telling you want they think
  • Reviews must be made with good grace and politeness. "It sucks" isn't a review.
  • Finally, please try to stay on topic. :)
gkscotty
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

The Return of Pretty Soldier Simpson Moon

Post by gkscotty » Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:01 pm

It's back!

Over the last few days I have been working on revising and reuploading Pretty Soldier Simpson Moon! Now that that's done, I'm going to try to get back to writing Simpson Moon R!

I'll keep you guys up to date on my progress in this thread now.
JANEY: So you're saying I'm crazy.
ALLISON: I'm just saying that girls can't do magic, cats can't talk, and nobody would go into a battle wearing a leotard covered with bows. Right, Lisa?
LISA (embarrassed): Well, I wouldn't say anything is strictly impossible.

The moon cat Luna has finally finished her long, long search for the Pretty Soldier of Love and Justice, SAILOR MOON!

... it's Lisa Simpson. Nobody is more bewildered about this than her.

Originally published in 2002, this is a fond parody of Sailor Moon (and various other anime) using Simpsons characters.
Pretty Soldier Simpson Moon

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone’s fault. If it was Us, what did that make Me? After all, I’m one of Us. I must be. I’ve certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We’re always one of Us. It’s Them that do bad things. - Jingo, Terry Pratchett
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling
Custom Title: We have space marines at home

Re: The Return of Pretty Soldier Simpson Moon

Post by c_nordlander » Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:40 pm

You already know how much I like this fic, but for the benefit of everyone else, I'll say once again that it's really good. Great jokes, great characterisation (especially Lisa is good), and the plot takes a nice turn towards the dramatic without being unnecessarily angsty. There's even a bit of a good message,
Spoiler
It's been a long time since I read it, so I'm probably not picking up on most of the changes you've made to the original version. However, what I've read so far is very clear and nicely written.

Another possible typo: "drawing itself into the center of the jewel" should presumably be "the centers of the jewels", since there are many jewels in the scene.
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

-- Mother Mother, "Business Man"

Now offering writing commissions! Fanfiction or original, PM me for more information.
missy_misery
Sector Control Officer
Sector Control Officer

Post by missy_misery » Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:24 pm

This is still such a great crossover/mashup; I think I commented on it several centuries ago, but it's amazing!
Now known as Lisabella! (Or Missy.  Missy's good.)

Creator of the Waving Universe

Crack!Fic, The Marge Simpson Way: "Just then, Sir Lancelot rode up on a white horse and saved Joan of Arc.  They got married and lived in a spaceship.  The end." - Tales from the Public Domain, "Hot Child In The City"
gkscotty
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Post by gkscotty » Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:39 pm

Thanks! Now, if I could just figure out how to get people at AO3 to read it...

Anyway, I've decided to set myself a goal. Chapter 4 of R completed by the end of the week!

That may not sound like much but it HAS been ten years...

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone’s fault. If it was Us, what did that make Me? After all, I’m one of Us. I must be. I’ve certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We’re always one of Us. It’s Them that do bad things. - Jingo, Terry Pratchett
missy_misery
Sector Control Officer
Sector Control Officer

Post by missy_misery » Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:08 pm

AHH wait, it's on AO3? I'll run over and give you a review soon!
Now known as Lisabella! (Or Missy.  Missy's good.)

Creator of the Waving Universe

Crack!Fic, The Marge Simpson Way: "Just then, Sir Lancelot rode up on a white horse and saved Joan of Arc.  They got married and lived in a spaceship.  The end." - Tales from the Public Domain, "Hot Child In The City"
gkscotty
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Post by gkscotty » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:29 am

Oh hey, I just remembered about this! I've started posting SMR to AO3

Part 1
Part 2