Grasshopper

Did you write something for the Simpsons, Futurama, original fiction or another fandom? Feel free to post it here!
missy_misery
Sector Control Officer
Sector Control Officer

Re: Grasshopper

Post by missy_misery » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:59 pm

...How did I never get this feedback?!  Thanks so much, Chris!  I'm glad you liked :)
Now known as Lisabella! (Or Missy.  Missy's good.)

Creator of the Waving Universe

Crack!Fic, The Marge Simpson Way: "Just then, Sir Lancelot rode up on a white horse and saved Joan of Arc.  They got married and lived in a spaceship.  The end." - Tales from the Public Domain, "Hot Child In The City"
missy_misery
Sector Control Officer
Sector Control Officer

Post by missy_misery » Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:34 pm

A brief, slightly-depressing Zoidberg drabble, inspired by the prompt:

Futurama, Zoidberg, sometimes he wonders if his friends really are his friends

On a day like this, he’s pretty sure they don’t like him very much.  But he knows.  It’s his desperate loneliness that keeps him tethered to the dangers of Planet Express, and the capricious attitude of the Professor.  And so he knows Fry thinks he’s a loser, and Leela thinks he’s a creep; to Bender he’s an easy mark, to Amy the non-cute crustacean, and to Hermes a mortal enemy.  Yet he continues to call them friends, with great pride and great affection.

He knows.  It’s the only power he has.

Crack!Fic, The Marge Simpson Way: "Just then, Sir Lancelot rode up on a white horse and saved Joan of Arc.  They got married and lived in a spaceship.  The end." - Tales from the Public Domain, "Hot Child In The City"
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling
Custom Title: We have space marines at home

Post by c_nordlander » Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:29 pm

I want to hear from Sideshow Beb!

Also, beautiful.
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

-- Mother Mother, "Business Man"

Now offering writing commissions! Fanfiction or original, PM me for more information.
missy_misery
Sector Control Officer
Sector Control Officer

Post by missy_misery » Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:20 pm

Bwah!  Yeah, I don't know where that one came from!  Thank you as always, Chris :)

missy_misery
Sector Control Officer
Sector Control Officer

Post by missy_misery » Sun May 30, 2010 6:06 pm

A teeny-tiny Lisa-centric piece:

She’s been waiting for three hours.  No sign to feed her soul. 

Lisa bits her lip, watching the train steam in from the distance.  She’s aware of her father sitting on the bench beside her, eating a candy bar and checking his watch every few minutes.  Every minute he spends with her is one less minute he could spend at Moe’s; a small spike of resentment pierces her.  Lisa thought she was over it. 

But all of her anxiety and frustration evaporates with the low whine of a train coming into the station. 

When the fog clears, Mr. Bergstom’s there.

c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling

Post by c_nordlander » Sun May 30, 2010 9:13 pm

Oh, this is beautiful. Very sweet, and of course perfectly written. I'm glad you wrote something about those two.  :)
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

Now offering writing commissions! Fanfiction or original, PM me for more information.
missy_misery
Sector Control Officer
Sector Control Officer

Post by missy_misery » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:22 pm

Thanks so much, Chris :)

missy_misery
Sector Control Officer
Sector Control Officer

Post by missy_misery » Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:35 am

Another short fic, which has some Leela and Bender semi-friendship:

Bender usually rolls his eyes whenever Leela does something physical.  She’s a primitive flesh unit.  Can’t even bend tin, let alone titanium unbendium.

Impressing Bender is the last thing on Leela’s mind when she’s trying to get them from point at to point b without something malfunctioning or experiencing total catastrophic structural failure.

What finally won him over (almost) was a trip to a planet of wild robots whose programming had long ago expired.  They were savage, ready to rip everyone limb from limb.  Leela took them out with a series of roundhouse kicks, a few well-paced chops.  She stood among the wires, strong of form, grinning.

Bender was so impressed that he decided he’d kill her last when the robot revolution came about.

c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling

Post by c_nordlander » Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:09 pm

Excellent. Very in character for Bender.
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

missy_misery
Sector Control Officer
Sector Control Officer

Post by missy_misery » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:26 pm

Thank you so much, Chris :)

missy_misery
Sector Control Officer
Sector Control Officer

Post by missy_misery » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:02 am

Necromancing the drabble thread 'cause I've got two more: one Waving-verse, one quick Skinner/Edna one:

Snow fell heavily on the roof of Springfield Elementary as Edna graded her final paper. With a heavy sigh, she pushed away from the desk and gathered her things. With any luck she'd be back home early.

Why she was rushing home to what would like be a lonely night, she had no clue.

She was so busy mentally planning her trip home that when she bumped into Seymour, she didn't even have time to be angry with him.

"Edna," he said coolly.

Seymour," she responded.

An awkward pause. She wondered how hard it would be to get around him when he confessed, "we're snowed in."

"Great," she responded. "JUST great."

"Oh, like you had somewhere to go today," he replied snidely.

"My fish need to be fed," she protested. "The...one of them. That isn't dead..."

He sighed. "Let's just go to the cafeteria and try to get dinner together."

Edna followed him reluctantly there. And, of course, the only edible thing left was applesauce.

Bent low over an industrial flashlight, she sucked on the mashed apple with anger and resentment. Damn it, why wasn't this effecting him?

"Takes you back, doesn't it?"

"Unfortunately," she said to the wall.

He sighed. "Edna...I do miss you."

The words struck her still. Surprised, she sat still. "Why?"

"Because you're the best thing that's ever happened to me."

They stared at each other for a few moments. Finally, Edna said, "and you were the same thing to me."

"So why did we break up?"

"I don't know - cold feet. When you have an ex husband who's willing to put sugar in your gas tank it's hard to trust another man."

"I didn't mean to hurt you."

"I know..." She held out a hand. "How about a dance? For old time's sake?"

It was shockingly easy to dance together, to simply take each other's hands and sweep around the floor. They knew, somehow, that they'd be okay together. And that this wasn't the end to their long story, not by a long shot.

On her fourth trip through town, Lisa stopped by Maggie's place and was, predictably, greeted by a messy lawn, the sound of a guitar shrilling in an off-key way, and the downbeat rythm of a drumset pounding away.

"Hey Mags," Lisa said, greeting her sister. Of course she would have lousy enough timing to show up in the middle of a band rehersal. Maggie waved to her sister over her shoulder, turning up her amp.

"Hey - d'you want to sit in?" Lisa shook her head. Only Maggie would ask her to sit in impulsively, when she was hours away from her sax. "C'mon, Lis -we'll play whatever you want."

It was such a tempting notion that she sat down to consider it. Maggie had her drums and her side-job in the practical world (she was in the academy, studying as hard as she could); now she wanted to have a little bit of freedom on the side to play as she wanted to.

"Do you have a sax?"

"Roscoe'll let you borrow his."

Lisa already knew that she would give in to his sister's request and start playing the songs that they had both grown up loving. It felt strange to hold someone else's sax in her hands, but it would serve its good purpose in due time. "'Take The A Train'"? she suggests.

Maggie agrees with a nod of the chin. "1...2...3..." and the music begins again, sweeter at least to Lisa's ear.

c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling

Post by c_nordlander » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:35 am

Both very good. I especially like the first, but that's because I like those two.

(Though I'll never see why you respect the canon of the recent sucky seasons.)
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

missy_misery
Sector Control Officer
Sector Control Officer

Post by missy_misery » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:47 pm

Thank you, Chris <3

(Because it's fun to muck around with it, of course!)

c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling

Post by c_nordlander » Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:16 pm

A silly little Futurama drabble, inspired by a discussion with Graham and Steve about That Guy (the yuppie from the episode "Future Stock"), and how even though his entire schtick was that he was frozen in the Eighties, he kept referencing MC Hammer's "U Can't Touch This" (made in 1990). Also, first fanfic about That Guy on this forum? Possibly.

That Guy Arises

In the lobby, he buttons his Aquaberry shirt, then fastens his suspenders. The piped music from the examination room sifts in faintly.

"Solid, stick it on my account. By the way, what was that track playing in there?"

The pimply-faced secretary blinks.

"Uh, sir, it's 'U Can't Touch This' by M. C. Hammer. It's from the 1980s. We usually choose classical music, it helps our clients relax."

He makes a note for next time he happens past a record store. He liked that breakdown.

He steps through the glass doors and into the brave new world.

THE END
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

SirMustapha
Junior Secretariat
Junior Secretariat

Post by SirMustapha » Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:47 pm

Oh, that's great! :D The phrase "He liked that breakdown" just makes the story for me, I don't know why.
"I know that the bourgeoisie stinks, but it has money to buy perfume."
-- Falcão