The Nidotamer art depository, now less boring!

Post your art here! While this is a Simpsons and Futurama website, feel free to post works for other fandoms or original works here as well.
Nidotamer
Sub-sector Control Officer's Assistant

Re: The Nidotamer art depository, now less boring!

Post by Nidotamer » Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:06 pm

Don't think this came out all that well...
Attachments
drkfc.png
------
"Harry tore his eyes from his head and threw them into the forest. Voldemort raised his eyebrows at Harry, who could not see anything at the moment."
---- Harry Potter and the Portrait of what Looked Like a Large Pile of Ash
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling
Custom Title: We have space marines at home

Post by c_nordlander » Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:03 pm

Trying to catch up on the pictures I haven't reviewed yet:

Rosie and Andrea Simpson: I like the personalities you've given them. Nicely unique (especially Andrea), not too perfect. I'd read a story with them in it. The pictures are all great. The outfits and expressions are very good, and there's a great sense of movement in the one of Rosie chasing Andrea.

Twin face shape sketch: looks good to me. Maybe a bit odd at first, but I can see that you've shown the overbite without making it as pronounced as on the show.

Bart holding Terri: a bit too sketchy to say much about so far, but the anatomy looks good so far, and the expressions are very sweet and funny.

Putting on sock: this is just great in all aspects. Her body looks very realistic to me, her pose is good, and her face and hair are pretty.

New style Bart Bort: I'm not really fond of this style (I think it's the eyes), but that's not to say it's badly drawn.

Sideshow Pone: simply adorable. His face is very cute.

Mystery triplet: not much to say about it. Lovely expression, colouring looks good.

Janey: looks very good! I like the style you've drawn her in.

Terri (?) with bat: another very good one. Maybe a tiny bit chubbier than on the show, but that's not a problem. Plus, her arms and legs aren't too thin, which is something I've complained about before, so that's good. Her body looks good in general, and the Isotopes symbol on the bat is a nice touch.

Will keep reviewing your art when I have more time...
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

-- Mother Mother, "Business Man"

Now offering writing commissions! Fanfiction or original, PM me for more information.
Nidotamer

Post by Nidotamer » Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:27 pm

Heh, actually had to go back and re-read the thread to see which ones you were reviewing!

Honestly I've been slacking... and busy with stuff. Haaah... So yeah take your time, you'll probably catch up before I have more stuff anyway.:P
------
"Harry tore his eyes from his head and threw them into the forest. Voldemort raised his eyebrows at Harry, who could not see anything at the moment."
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling

Post by c_nordlander » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:11 pm

Continuing where I left off:

Terri sticker: looks nice and on-model, as far as I can tell.

Maggie in Bowser's clown-copter... thing: heh, I love the way you've done the clown-copter thing. It feels like there's something slightly wrong with Maggie's head, but other than that she looks good. Great colouring, and the folds on her sleeves are a nice detail.

Terri gnawing on a leg: nice creepy shading, a lot like the way the show does scary scenes. Terri looks good (and the leg isn't too gruesome). My only nitpick is that the bulge in her cheek seems to be just a little too far down.

First pass twin: as far as I can tell, this is really, really good. Maybe her right hand is a little stiff, but that's barely even noticeable. Looks great.

Fox Allison and hamster Lewis: I'm not really a fan of drawing characters as animals, but this has great line-work and expressions. Especially Allison is cute with her little back paws. Her pouch necklace looks a bit sketchy, but it's a minor detail.

Terri with a black eye: nice line work and greyscale. Funnily enough, she looks tougher in the thumbnail, where you can't see her tears. I like your ideas about her character, too.

Future Allison: I see this is kind of following Steve's fanon for her. Looks very pretty, and nicely aged-up from the show.

Future Bob: legitimately creepy-looking, nice job.

Future Maggie: looks on-model and a lot like how I imagine her (well, not too hard to imagine). Kind of hard to see what she's holding behind her back, but then, it is just a sketch.

Rigellian Starman: heh, I never played "Earthbound", but I can see the resemblance. It's a nicely spooky design. I'm particularly impressed with the tentacles: they look very lifelike in the way they move. (Though the curled-up one to our left looks a bit too thin.)

Sketch sheet: I don't have much to say about this, it's just an unabashed joy to look at. I think my favourites are Milhouse and Jessica, Mecha Skinner, and the happy piranha plant at the bottom left. And random Waluigi!

Space twins: looks great. Nice linework and cool expressions, especially on the one to the right.

Terri Pony: nice, clearly your style while still looking like the show. Inspired choice of colours, and I like the hair-band that takes a while to notice.

Naga sister: I like this a lot. In fact, it's one of my favourites of your art. Very good shading (reminds me of the style of the webcomic Brawl in the Family), and they just seem so happy together. I guess a giant snake sibling can double as a couch.

You know I like your art a lot. I will continue commenting when I have time.
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

Now offering writing commissions! Fanfiction or original, PM me for more information.
Nidotamer

Post by Nidotamer » Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:19 pm

Deep Thinking
Attachments
deepthoughts.png
------
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling

Post by c_nordlander » Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:29 pm

Continuing with my belated reviews. But you know I like pretty much all your art.

Bart and Terri waltzing: I can see you've put a lot of work into the anatomy, and it's a nice pose. Bart's expression (and combed-down hair) are sweet, and I like how chubby Terri is. The coloured version is easy on the eyes.

Allison age-up design: really cool concept for a sketch, though of course I don't really know what goes into this kind of thing. The "present-day" version is on-model, and the older version looks credible.

Twin faces: I think 7 is the best one. Fun to see an artist playing around with a bunch of designs like that (and probably fun for the artist, too). And some of these are hilarious.

Comics Sherri looks cute. I like the purple shade you used for the sketch.

Terri Simpson age 85: looks great! Her body shape looks realistically aged, and I get a definite Professor Farnsworth vibe from her face and glasses.

Baby Terri: good colouring. You can tell it's set at night. The bear is cute and its name made me laugh.

Don't boop the snoot: think I commented on this on deviantArt, but you know I like it. Especially Terri's expression is adorable, very much in the style of the show.

Terri afraid of thunder: heh, continuity! Still just a sketch, but the faces look good. Bart's eyes look very big compared to Terri's, though. I know they canonically have smaller eyes than most of the characters, but it's very noticeable here. Still, I guess he could be a bit shocked.

Thwomp: have commented on this on dA. Still hilarious. On-model and with a good sense of motion.

Lisa in a hoodie: just generally good. Good body proportions, nice subtle expression.

Allison getting told off: surely this is what Lisa wanted? :lisa: Looks on-model, and the tear is nicely done.

Maggie with butterfly: now this is just too cute! Not much to say about it. Too cute.

Bob and his old nemesis: looks great, especially his expression.

The Tether-Tail: pretty hilarious stuff!

Mature content: heh, nice style! And made me laugh.

Terri lying on something trashtalking Bart: I like it! Terri's expression just makes me happy. I don't see any issues with the art, but maybe our more art-skilled members can help you out with that.

More recently, the "butt" sketch: looks on-model, and her expression is hilarious.

So yeah, good art! Good luck with your future projects.
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

Nidotamer

Post by Nidotamer » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:11 am

And two more things. Really hated how they came out especially anything that's not the face.
Attachments
mum.png
twun.png
------
SirMustapha
Junior Secretariat
Junior Secretariat

Post by SirMustapha » Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:06 pm

They look alright to me! Of course, you have a more technical eye than I do, so I suppose you can try to improve on them the next time around. Still, I like them. :)
"I know that the bourgeoisie stinks, but it has money to buy perfume."
-- Falcão
Nidotamer

Post by Nidotamer » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:14 pm

Eh don't like this one either but I drew it so...
Attachments
New Canvasfaild.png
------
Nidotamer

Post by Nidotamer » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:15 pm

And Koopers. Not all the ones I was thinking of yet. Comes in two kinds, one in which the head and such matches the shell.
Attachments
kooperswip2.png
kooperswip2.png (1.45 KiB) Viewed 9481 times
kooperswip1.png
kooperswip1.png (1.46 KiB) Viewed 9481 times
------
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling

Post by c_nordlander » Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:19 pm

Top picture: I think the face looks a bit weird, like the eyes are too high. Everything else looks good. I really like the second picture of the same girl.

Terri (?) skipping: looks on-model to me, and very sweet. Nothing to complain about.

Springfield Koopalings: kind of hard to tell at that size, but they're nice and clean spritework. The shells look very good. Weirdly, Bart seems to be the hardest one to recognise (until you see his hairstyle); Milhouse looks most on point, but Nelson and Jessica look pretty good as well.

EDIT: Gah, should have figured it wasn't Bart.
Last edited by c_nordlander on Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

Nidotamer

Post by Nidotamer » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:23 am

Actually, the last one is Nelson, Milhouse, Jess and Ralph. :P His hair is also very hard to get right at such a small size...
------
gkscotty
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Post by gkscotty » Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:29 pm

Nidotamer wrote:Actually, the last one is Nelson, Milhouse, Jess and Ralph. :P His hair is also very hard to get right at such a small size...
Ah, I can see that. Yeah, that doesn't look like it's going to be easy to do.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone’s fault. If it was Us, what did that make Me? After all, I’m one of Us. I must be. I’ve certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We’re always one of Us. It’s Them that do bad things. - Jingo, Terry Pratchett
Nidotamer

Post by Nidotamer » Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:10 pm

So, some stuff from today and last night:
Attachments
test2.png
failheros.png
coat2.png
------
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling

Post by c_nordlander » Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:12 pm

Test 2: looks really good! Excellent expression, and the hands look perfect as far as I can tell. I really like her hair, too.

Superheroes: I already commented on this one, but it looks really good. The expressions, the body shapes, the pose of the one to the right, it all looks good.

Coat: this really seems to fit with the show for some reason. I particularly like her expression, and the massive cigar. For some reason, she reminds me a bit of Mrs. Krabappel. And the coat is nice.
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon