Season 27 Spoilers (And some of them ain't looking pretty)

Talk about whatever you like here!
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling
Custom Title: We have space marines at home

Re: Season 27 Spoilers (And some of them ain't looking prett

Post by c_nordlander » Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:11 pm

^Yes!

Either that, or just make an episode about Bart having a crush on his pretty teacher without any of this hormone rubbish. I guess such a storyline has some potential for being icky, but it wouldn't have to be any more disturbing than, oh, "Lisa's Substitute".
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

-- Mother Mother, "Business Man"

Now offering writing commissions! Fanfiction or original, PM me for more information.
Nidotamer
Sub-sector Control Officer's Assistant

Post by Nidotamer » Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:11 pm

Kinda reminds me of "New kid on the block" in the sense of Bart falling hard for an older girl. Though a much lesser age difference and on top of that, it was more or less made constantly clear that Bart wasn't even a viable "competitor" compared to Jimbo and Bart's problems mainly stemmed from petty jealousy and the fact that, well, Jimbo was a total asshole and all. Much worse than Skinner by a wide margin.

Still, I might have to make a note of what I mentioned earlier (that is, pitting Bart against Nelson in a similar context) for something to write. Can already think of some running gags...
------
"Harry tore his eyes from his head and threw them into the forest. Voldemort raised his eyebrows at Harry, who could not see anything at the moment."
---- Harry Potter and the Portrait of what Looked Like a Large Pile of Ash
missy_misery
Sector Control Officer
Sector Control Officer

Post by missy_misery » Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:40 am

Chris and Fernie have hit the nail on the head RE why this is so squicky for me; it's not as if we haven't had previous
Spoiler
I have no idea why they felt the need to throw in
Spoiler
I'm kind of concerned we're headed for Family Guy level jokes here about NSFW topics that I don't want to associate with Bart Simpson.

The other part that concerns me is how
Spoiler
Now known as Lisabella! (Or Missy.  Missy's good.)

Creator of the Waving Universe

Crack!Fic, The Marge Simpson Way: "Just then, Sir Lancelot rode up on a white horse and saved Joan of Arc.  They got married and lived in a spaceship.  The end." - Tales from the Public Domain, "Hot Child In The City"
Stretch_Dude
Junior Secretariat
Junior Secretariat

Post by Stretch_Dude » Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:57 pm

Stretch_Dude wrote:
Nidotamer wrote:Double post again, sorry.

http://news.simpsonswiki.com/2015/06/se ... announced/

Granted it's a wiki so I don't know if entirely trustworthy. Like that some of them seem a bit more simple than the plotlines we've been getting in some of the episodes just passed.
and Lisa, Bart and Milhouse (Pamela Hayden) get super-powers from radiation.
If this turned out to be an actual sequel, I'd be comfortable with that.
Apparently it's going to be a Chronicle parody.
I memorized "Holy Grail" really well
I can recite it right now and have you ROTFLOL
- "Weird Al" Yankovic, "White and Nerdy"

"Any pile of stunted growth unaware that entertainment is just that and nothing more, deserves to doom themselves to some dank cell, somewhere, for having been so stupid!! Movies, books, T.V., music - they're all just entertainment, not guidebooks for damning yourself!" - Nny

I draw too, dammit!
Nidotamer

Post by Nidotamer » Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:07 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0ULhEtJoHA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ntb5I_fzu7o

Just some little video previews for tomorrow's ep. So far I can't find any problems... hopefully it stays that way.
------
"Harry tore his eyes from his head and threw them into the forest. Voldemort raised his eyebrows at Harry, who could not see anything at the moment."
Nidotamer

Post by Nidotamer » Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:18 am

We've got info on "Lisa With An S"

http://www.fox.com/content/clone-of-sim ... 2515-800pm
When Homer loses $5,000 at a poker game with Broadway legend Laney Fontaine, the only way he is able to settle the bet is if he loans Lisa to Laney for a month. Then, Laney turns Lisa into a show biz kid and Marge and Homer fear they made a mistake letting her go. So they head to New York to get her back in the all-new “Lisa with an ‘S’” episode of THE SIMPSONS airing Sunday, Nov. 22 (8:00-8:30 PM ET/PT) on FOX.
Can't say I'm feeling this one. The past few episodes had mostly avoided going into overly wacky territory (except for THOH which actually warrants that). I just thought something like this would work better if it was, say, circumstances forcing Homer to loan Lisa out who's tasked with solving other peoples' problems.

Although now I'm getting the much sillier yet probably less outlandish idea of Janey trying to exploit Lisa for showbiz, especially if she doesn't have the slightest clue how showbiz works. Actually, could probably use something like that...
------
Tony_Baritone
Advisory Technical Manager
Advisory Technical Manager

Post by Tony_Baritone » Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:16 pm

That was pretty much the plot of their TSTO questline, for a very broad definition of "showbiz". :)
Nidotamer

Post by Nidotamer » Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:25 pm

Hm, true.

Tapped out is usually quite good at giving roles to lesser characters. Heck some of them probably could have been episodes in themselves...
------
missy_misery
Sector Control Officer
Sector Control Officer

Post by missy_misery » Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:54 am

It feels like they're trying to lampoon the musical Gypsy, but it just kinda feels clunky.

Crack!Fic, The Marge Simpson Way: "Just then, Sir Lancelot rode up on a white horse and saved Joan of Arc.  They got married and lived in a spaceship.  The end." - Tales from the Public Domain, "Hot Child In The City"
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling
Custom Title: We have space marines at home

Post by c_nordlander » Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:45 pm

^I'd give a lot for a good Simpsons version of that musical, though.

(I know the writers are aware of it, since they had Smithers singing "Everything's Coming up Rose's" back in some Season 10 episode...)
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

-- Mother Mother, "Business Man"

Now offering writing commissions! Fanfiction or original, PM me for more information.
Nidotamer

Post by Nidotamer » Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:16 pm

Well one of the upcoming episodes, "The Girl Code" is... uh... interesting.

http://www.fox.com/content/clone-of-sim ... 2715-800pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUKfbkI_2tk

So Lisa creates sentient computers. Jesus, I thought Halloween of Horror and some of the other episodes actually brought Lisa back down to a reasonable level and then between Barthood and this... well Season 28 will probably just come out and have Lisa become a literal messiah. Also we've got Martin acting jarringly sexist again to a female coder named "Quinn" and oh god this is going to be some thinly-veiled gamergate commentary isn't it? Seriously though, why Martin? One of the girliest characters on the show including the ones that are girls?

So far the only thing making this on par with "Teenage Mutant Milk-Fed Hurdles" and mainly why I even posted on here is we've got Wheatley himself as a guest voice.
------
Nidotamer

Post by Nidotamer » Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:04 pm

So bringing this back for a certain new announcement.

http://www.fox.com/content/clone-of-sim ... 0316-800pm

The main plot looks meh but the subplot, I think, is a series first in a surprising way: A Bart/Maggie plot... well subplot but still!
------
missy_misery
Sector Control Officer
Sector Control Officer

Post by missy_misery » Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:00 pm

That sounds like it could be adorable; in fact I'm surprised they didn't hold it back for Mother's Day.