The Nidotamer art depository, now less boring!

Post your art here! While this is a Simpsons and Futurama website, feel free to post works for other fandoms or original works here as well.
Nidotamer
Sub-sector Control Officer's Assistant

Re: The Nidotamer art depository, now less boring!

Post by Nidotamer » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:36 pm

@writing team More of these two, please.
Attachments
stickwithmekid.png
------
"Harry tore his eyes from his head and threw them into the forest. Voldemort raised his eyebrows at Harry, who could not see anything at the moment."
---- Harry Potter and the Portrait of what Looked Like a Large Pile of Ash
Nidotamer

Post by Nidotamer » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:22 pm

Channeling the Midge in him
Attachments
hrmmm.png
------
"Harry tore his eyes from his head and threw them into the forest. Voldemort raised his eyebrows at Harry, who could not see anything at the moment."
Nidotamer

Post by Nidotamer » Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:26 pm

So I need some consistent designs for grownups and these aren't really final but... actually, not sure why I'm uploading these outside of proving I'm not dead. :P
Attachments
possibartibility.png
Terri.png
------
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling
Custom Title: future Neuralink chassis

Post by c_nordlander » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:34 pm

Continuing with my backlog:

Macklescribbles: lots of really good faces here. Different and funny expressions and styles, plus a cute long sleepy naga.

She was a brilliant scientist: really good, I like how you've done her hair and coat, and her expression is great.

Mary pictures: obviously I don't know much about art, but it looks like you've got a good idea of how to draw pudge, and realistic bodies in general. Good pose on the second one, too.

Brit in Krusty Klown Kar: oh, her expression is good, and the Krusty clown vehicle is well drawn with its creepy expression.

Ba-dump: sweet pose and expression, that's all I can say about it.

Baby Berry: my only nitpick is that her body looks a bit small and thin (that might be a combination of her pose and the Groening style, though). Other than that, really good work on the way her onesie drapes around her foot, and the comically oversized bow is funny and well drawn.

Another toony twin: love the pose! Everything about this sketch is good.

Spooples: I must have commented on this before, maybe it was just in chat. Anyway, nicely creepy (especially the twin on the left), and the white-on-black lines look very good.

Terri shape: I think this is a pretty good body shape (though I see what you mean about her butt being small, I wouldn't have noticed that on my own though). Her legs look a bit thin to me as well. It annoys me that a lot of artists don't seem to have a middle ground between "perfect model shape" and "extremely overweight," but you don't have that problem. Terri looks like anyone you might meet on the street in this picture: chubby but healthy.

Terrrrrrri and possibly more Rs: doesn't look that rusty to me. It's possible that the perspective on her eyes is a bit off, but her pose and expression look very good.

Siblings: very sweet, with great anatomy. You draw a good grown-up Bart, he feels very on-model.

Territoise: I don't know much about tortoises at all (I'll defer to Beb on that one). Feels like her neck should be longer. But it's cute and looks nice and 3D.

Spear: I seem to love all your pictures of the twins with weapons, and this is no exception. Great dynamic pose as usual.

yet another Tubbi: looks good to me, especially her cute expression.

posse: I really like her face in this for some reason, it looks a bit like an old-fashioned illustration. The pose looks a little bit stiff, but that feels appropriate since it's kind of a self-conscious pose.

rockit: I don't get a sense of stiffness from this, except maybe her stretched-out leg. Other than that, the pose looks good, and her expression is appropriate.

Fankids: look very nice, I have no constructive criticism. I can totally imagine these designs on the show. Hard to say which is my favourite, but it might be Ingrid, I find the shape of her face hilarious.

B art: looks good and on-model to me. Bart's expression is just right; a bit more exaggerated and it would have been too twee, but now he seems legitimately sad.

Lots of good stuff here.
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

-- Mother Mother, "Business Man"

Now offering writing commissions! Fanfiction or original, PM me for more information.
Nidotamer

Post by Nidotamer » Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:35 pm

This dumbass rabbit thing is probably the closest I'd have to an OFF self insert I could stand to look at and that's 100% because rabbit.
Attachments
hellifiknow.png
------
Nidotamer

Post by Nidotamer » Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:33 am

blep
Attachments
tired.png
petnames.png
------
SirMustapha
Junior Secretariat
Junior Secretariat

Post by SirMustapha » Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:58 pm

The first pic is totally adorable. The expression, the outfit, the teddy bear, everything here works. A nice dose of cuteness for my day. :) Second one is up to your usual standard, and looks like a tricky pose to pull off!
"I know that the bourgeoisie stinks, but it has money to buy perfume."
-- Falcão
Nidotamer

Post by Nidotamer » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:27 am

Sappy, yeah. But also a testament to how bad I am at colouring.
Attachments
friendsis.png
------
Nidotamer

Post by Nidotamer » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:48 pm

Today's image brought to you by rats, a bold new fashion statement that says "I don't mind being covered in rodents!"
Attachments
ratmanandrodent.png
------
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling

Post by c_nordlander » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:04 pm

Continuing with my backlog of art critique:

Lionel Hutz: Awful Attorney: This is just plain great. Great poses, good linework, and Hutz is instantly recognisable despite the Phoenix Wright hairstyle.

Posse: the pose looks perfect to me. Bart is on-model and the shading is good.

paper: I like the Paper Mario style, even though I've never actually played those games, and this is clean and attractively coloured.

leobart: not sure about my feeling on this one. The first one looks anatomically good and has a fun, personality-filled face, I just don't really get a "Bart" vibe from it. (His line is great, though.) The second version isn't bad, just maybe a bit stiff, though that's the kind of thing that you'd probably fix with more work. The face looks more Bart-like, and I like his hairstyle.

Brit character sheet: all the art is on-model and dynamic (I particularly like annoyed Brit in a ponytail), and I like her character profile. A good mixture of strengths and flaws without going overboard in either direction. Feels a lot like any Simpsons kid.

Maggie character sheet: good art (the top right picture is adorable), and the character profile is nothing surprising, but credible and fairly nuanced (I feel like some fans, myself included, tend to forget the "angelic voice" line in "Lisa's Wedding").

Law Sherri: if your dreams inspire you to art, you should have more of them! This is very sweet; great anatomy and beautiful colouring (I really like how you've shaded her hair, it looks simple but great). The only slight problem I have with it is that her body and outfit looks a little too realistic, making her Simpsons-style face stand out a bit. That's probably a subjective thing, though. It's not a bad picture in any way, though.

sit: very good pose, nice sense of bulk and realism to her skirt.

bows: very on-model, I like it. We need more Smithers art.

selphie: nice and cute pose. You've made me buy into Bart and Terri as a couple, and the extreme foreshortening of her arm looks well done (I know how tricky poses like that are).

lie: again, good pose. Like how you can tell that she's wiggling her feet.

Failjerry: I wouldn't call this fail. His face and outfit look very good.

kiddos: these are all great designs; I can't decide which one I like the most. The monochrome colouring is pleasant. I enjoyed the character profiles, too: I'd be very happy to see some of these characters in fanfiction. Always nice to see fanon kids of the regular cast who have original personalities.

bigears: I probably wouldn't have noticed the ears if you hadn't pointed them out. Not sure how I feel about them: the proportions make them look a bit donut-like. Nice Maggie, though. Her eyes look like they're a bit close together, but then again, I'm no expert on art.

Stick with me, kid: very on-model, and good expressions, especially Bart's.

hrmmm: that's a Marge expression all right. Again, very on-model.

Possibartility: I like this as a future design for Bart. Just handsome enough, his smile is infectious, and of course there's an earring.

Terri: again, looks like a plausible future design. In fact, your design is how I always tend to picture adult Terri now.

Hell if I know: Mary-Sues and Gary-Stus suck... unless they're rabbits. The hairstyle is a sweet touch, and she's cute. The scared expression in the top left is by far my favourite, it's just hilarious. And that's an adorable sleep pose.

tired: this feels appropriate for me right now. Good expression and pose.

Pet names: feels like I've commented on this before, but either way, their bodies look great, especially Sherri's, and the dialogue is funny. Maybe Bart's being turned away like that feels a bit odd, but other than that, it works.

Friend Sis: that's not badly coloured! And the text is very heartwarming. Good pic.

Ratman and Rodent: first of all, laughed at the title. Good to see Andrea again, your adult Bart design still looks good, and the rat makes it adorable.

So yeah. You're a good artist, I find very little to nitpick here. Will comment more regularly on new pictures from now on.
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

Now offering writing commissions! Fanfiction or original, PM me for more information.
Nidotamer

Post by Nidotamer » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:31 am

Congrats on clearing the backlog!

Two colour tests. The idea was promoting one kind of colour by making it more saturated than the others. To... questionable results.

Also, someone's been taking pick-up advice and dental care advice from Moe. Not a good idea.
Attachments
qualities.png
excessivepink.png
------
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling

Post by c_nordlander » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:42 pm

Both looking good. The studded necklace is a good look for Maggie, and the whole picture is funny. Excessive pink looks good to me. The shading's simple, but gets a lot of work done.
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

Nidotamer

Post by Nidotamer » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:49 pm

dumpin
Attachments
jeerleader.png
memey.png
lightarmour.png
------
Nidotamer

Post by Nidotamer » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:50 pm

more vomit
Attachments
flashfor.png
kissu.png
dxjsrz.png
------
Nidotamer

Post by Nidotamer » Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:11 pm

... That's one way of doing that but at what cost?
Attachments
undress.png
------