More YouTube Insanity

Talk about whatever you like here!
archonix
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Re: More YouTube Insanity

Post by archonix » Thu May 09, 2019 11:20 am

Man, there's like this whole youtube subculture of headless aprons making awesome food and drink and I'm only just finding out about most of it.
Our choicest plans have fallen through, our airiest castles tumbled over, because of lines we neatly drew and later neatly stumbled over.
— Piet Hein - Grooks
gkscotty
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Post by gkscotty » Sat May 11, 2019 12:07 am

It's a really good setup IMO. Not showing the head keeps the focus on the hands and the food, and means the creator can just ADR in their voice for a smooth delivery. Clever.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone’s fault. If it was Us, what did that make Me? After all, I’m one of Us. I must be. I’ve certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We’re always one of Us. It’s Them that do bad things. - Jingo, Terry Pratchett
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling
Custom Title: We have space marines at home

Post by c_nordlander » Sat May 11, 2019 10:03 am

Some of these Youtube content creators have such smooth voices anyway, they're almost ASMR...
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

-- Mother Mother, "Business Man"

Now offering writing commissions! Fanfiction or original, PM me for more information.
archonix
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Post by archonix » Sun May 26, 2019 8:57 pm

That Cello Guy plays Inception. I've been following this chap for a little while and I can never get over just how into the music he gets. It's wonderful.

Also interstellar.

He likes Hans Zimmer.
Our choicest plans have fallen through, our airiest castles tumbled over, because of lines we neatly drew and later neatly stumbled over.
— Piet Hein - Grooks
Stretch_Dude
Junior Secretariat
Junior Secretariat

Post by Stretch_Dude » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:50 pm

I memorized "Holy Grail" really well
I can recite it right now and have you ROTFLOL
- "Weird Al" Yankovic, "White and Nerdy"

"Any pile of stunted growth unaware that entertainment is just that and nothing more, deserves to doom themselves to some dank cell, somewhere, for having been so stupid!! Movies, books, T.V., music - they're all just entertainment, not guidebooks for damning yourself!" - Nny

I draw too, dammit!
Nidotamer
Sub-sector Control Officer's Assistant
Sub-sector Control Officer's Assistant

Post by Nidotamer » Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:03 am

The most perfect game over music there ever was

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pPQnhhUqtU
------
"Harry tore his eyes from his head and threw them into the forest. Voldemort raised his eyebrows at Harry, who could not see anything at the moment."
---- Harry Potter and the Portrait of what Looked Like a Large Pile of Ash
SirMustapha
Junior Secretariat
Junior Secretariat

Post by SirMustapha » Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:36 pm

If anyone missed the blindfolded Wii Punch-Out run, please check out as soon as you can. Easily one of the best moments in all GDQ editions so far.
"I know that the bourgeoisie stinks, but it has money to buy perfume."
-- Falcão
Stretch_Dude
Junior Secretariat
Junior Secretariat

Post by Stretch_Dude » Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:16 am

Agreed on the insanity of that Punch-Out run.

Also SGDQ-related, behold!

"Any pile of stunted growth unaware that entertainment is just that and nothing more, deserves to doom themselves to some dank cell, somewhere, for having been so stupid!! Movies, books, T.V., music - they're all just entertainment, not guidebooks for damning yourself!" - Nny

I draw too, dammit!
SirMustapha
Junior Secretariat
Junior Secretariat

Post by SirMustapha » Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:31 pm

Ah, so that was indeed you! My ears immediately perked up when I heard that name. I'm happy to have caught that live! :D

Also re:SGDQ, I haven't been a fan of the music in between the runs this edition. I find most of these remixes really cheesy. But then, just after the SMB3 race, they played this.

Either this was a magnificent troll by the soundtrack curators, or they were completely oblivious to what it is; both alternatives are hilarious.

Spoiler
-- Falcão
SirMustapha
Junior Secretariat
Junior Secretariat

Post by SirMustapha » Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:12 am

At the exact moment as I write it, SGDQ 2019 has raised three million dollars for Doctors Without Borders.

I'm in tears right now.
-- Falcão
gkscotty
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Post by gkscotty » Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:00 pm

Yeah SGDQ was a huge success, they really outdid themselves this year. I'm still getting caught up and TASblock is as good as usual.

Hey! remember Abridged Series? This guy does and can give you a retrospective.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone’s fault. If it was Us, what did that make Me? After all, I’m one of Us. I must be. I’ve certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We’re always one of Us. It’s Them that do bad things. - Jingo, Terry Pratchett
SirMustapha
Junior Secretariat
Junior Secretariat

Post by SirMustapha » Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:00 pm

I don't know if you've ever watched Tridashie's Friendship Is Musical series, but it's a series of videos in which she takes lines of pony dialogue and sets them to bits of songs; and the associations are often very clever and imaginative (sometimes they're just meme songs, but they often aren't, and that's when I think they work better). And one recurring joke in those videos is that she finds songs that are very similar to the main theme tune; and recently, I went to watch the very first video in the series, and the "similarity" joke nearly gave me a heart attack: it's a very famous song by Julio Iglesias. This hits so close to home because Julio Iglesias is huge in Brazil, and I've known (and liked) this song since I was a kid, yet I'd have never realised the similarity if it weren't pointed out.

And then I went to check in the original video for the song, and, of course, half of the comments are pony related.

It's at times like these when I really, really love the Internet.
-- Falcão
archonix
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Post by archonix » Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:26 pm

The Bizarre Modern Reality of The Simpsons. It's about Simpsons memes and fanwork related stuff.
— Piet Hein - Grooks
gkscotty
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Post by gkscotty » Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:32 pm

Watched it earlier, really interesting stuff.

Stretch_Dude
Junior Secretariat
Junior Secretariat

Post by Stretch_Dude » Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:24 am

Sakurai, you masochistic madman.
Spoiler

I draw too, dammit!