Talk about whatever you like here!
D.B.
Sub Lt
Sub Lt

Possible spinoff?

Post by D.B. » Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:34 am

https://www.nme.com/news/tv/the-simpson ... es-2542992
‘The Simpsons’ could be getting a “limited” spin-off series

A new spin-off series of The Simpsons could be on the cards, according to bosses of the hit show.

Speaking at Disney’s D23 Expo in Anaheim over the past weekend, executive producer Matt Selman revealed that there have been talks of playing with the show’s format to potentially explore the lives of Springfield citizens outside of the Simpson family.
"The way to succeed is to get born at the right time and in the right place. If you can do that then you are bound to succeed. You have to be receptive and have some talent as well."
- Sydney Brenner
Nidotamer
Sub-sector Control Officer's Assistant
Sub-sector Control Officer's Assistant

Re: Possible spinoff?

Post by Nidotamer » Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:57 am

Huh, interesting. Though, if Russi's characters are retired, I have little reason to care.
------
"Harry tore his eyes from his head and threw them into the forest. Voldemort raised his eyebrows at Harry, who could not see anything at the moment."
---- Harry Potter and the Portrait of what Looked Like a Large Pile of Ash
missy_misery
Sector Control Officer
Sector Control Officer

Re: Possible spinoff?

Post by missy_misery » Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:54 am

I'm cautiously excited, but I won't fully commit until I learn who they're spinning off from the show.
Now known as Lisabella! (Or Missy.  Missy's good.)

Creator of the Waving Universe

Crack!Fic, The Marge Simpson Way: "Just then, Sir Lancelot rode up on a white horse and saved Joan of Arc.  They got married and lived in a spaceship.  The end." - Tales from the Public Domain, "Hot Child In The City"