Jackbox on friday!

Talk about whatever you like here!
gkscotty
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Jackbox on friday!

Post by gkscotty » Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:57 pm

I've been trying to get games of Jackbox running lately, and would like to host a game this friday at about 8PM UK time! The games we've been having lately have been really fun, but it would always be nice to get more people, hence the advance notice. Hope to see you there!

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone’s fault. If it was Us, what did that make Me? After all, I’m one of Us. I must be. I’ve certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We’re always one of Us. It’s Them that do bad things. - Jingo, Terry Pratchett
SirMustapha
Junior Secretariat
Junior Secretariat

Re: Jackbox on friday!

Post by SirMustapha » Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:39 am

That's really great to hear! This Friday will be unfeasible, as it's the day of my gig, but on the other days I'll try to spectate.
"I know that the bourgeoisie stinks, but it has money to buy perfume."
-- Falcão
Meteorite
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer
Custom Title: spacehorse

Post by Meteorite » Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:07 am

Housemate says I can use his computer Friday, so I'm in :)

<gkscotty|drawing> most people play Pokemon games with GameFAQs or a Pokéwiki open
<gkscotty|drawing> you seem to have TVTRopes :P

Sometimes I feel like dressing up my Gaia avatar.
Feels kinda pointless since I don't actually do stuff at Gaia, so I'm putting it here.
Stretch_Dude
Junior Secretariat
Junior Secretariat

Post by Stretch_Dude » Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:24 pm

It's gonna be tricky for me. That's about 3 PM my time, and I don't even get off work until 3:30, in addition to a commute that's basically randomized. Hopefully you'll still be going by the time I get home.
I memorized "Holy Grail" really well
I can recite it right now and have you ROTFLOL
- "Weird Al" Yankovic, "White and Nerdy"

"Any pile of stunted growth unaware that entertainment is just that and nothing more, deserves to doom themselves to some dank cell, somewhere, for having been so stupid!! Movies, books, T.V., music - they're all just entertainment, not guidebooks for damning yourself!" - Nny

I draw too, dammit!
gkscotty
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Post by gkscotty » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:09 pm

Yeah there's not enough to even start here. People want to attend but it's not a good day. Maybe we'll get going in an hour or two when Stretch tunes in.

I'm not giving up! If tonight doesn't work out, look for a game or two after Creativity on Sunday! Come in if you want to a) be creative and then b) play.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone’s fault. If it was Us, what did that make Me? After all, I’m one of Us. I must be. I’ve certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We’re always one of Us. It’s Them that do bad things. - Jingo, Terry Pratchett
SirMustapha
Junior Secretariat
Junior Secretariat

Post by SirMustapha » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:26 pm

Sunday should be good to me; I have nothing any appointments this time.
-- Falcão
archonix
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Post by archonix » Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:59 pm

Sunday works for me. :D
Our choicest plans have fallen through, our airiest castles tumbled over, because of lines we neatly drew and later neatly stumbled over.
— Piet Hein - Grooks
Meteorite
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Post by Meteorite » Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:02 am

Saved this one, just for the second round, where we just had to name cartoon characters, before it changed the actual question on us...

https://games.jackbox.tv/artifact/BRKGa ... X0B2m3tON/

<gkscotty|drawing> most people play Pokemon games with GameFAQs or a Pokéwiki open

Feels kinda pointless since I don't actually do stuff at Gaia, so I'm putting it here.
SirMustapha
Junior Secretariat
Junior Secretariat

Post by SirMustapha » Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:11 pm

My favourite part was when, just after we "banned Rarity" for being OP, the question we got on Bracketeering was "Name a turn-on".
-- Falcão
Meteorite
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Post by Meteorite » Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:33 am

The best part for me was in the final round of Survive the Internet, as Steve was starting to suggest we don't mention Rarity any more, I was picking the choice that determines the photo someone else gets to mock me with, and of course I pick the option that mentioned horses.

A few moments later as the round starts, I hear Steve cry out, "Oh come on, no!" and I knew he was the one that had gotten me to mess with :D

gkscotty
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Post by gkscotty » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:49 am

I tried to make it an Applejack joke but nobody went for it.

archonix
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Post by archonix » Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:22 pm

So, I was going to be there, but I've been wiped out with some sort of flu until yesterday. That was fun.

Same the next week?
Our choicest plans have fallen through, our airiest castles tumbled over, because of lines we neatly drew and later neatly stumbled over.
— Piet Hein - Grooks
gkscotty
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Post by gkscotty » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:31 pm

Not sure. I kinda don't want to overdo it, but if there's demand sure why not