mushroombossa's Simpsons art thread

Post your art here! While this is a Simpsons and Futurama website, feel free to post works for other fandoms or original works here as well.
mushroombossa
New SNPP Employee
New SNPP Employee
Custom Title: The idiot in a box

mushroombossa's Simpsons art thread

Post by mushroombossa » Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:13 pm

Hello! I'll post here any Simpsons related art I make. For my other art you can follow my instagram which is the same handle as my username.
Now as my first post I'm showing my Simpsons fanchar Amanda, who will be part of a fanfic I (MAYBE) will write. Who knows lol
If you wanna write or draw anything with her I'm super okay with that, you can show me and all, just remember to credit and we'll be fine ;D
Amanda Character Sheet.png
Bio.png

"Methinks world is for you
Made of what you believe
If it's false or if it's true
You can read it in your bible
Or on the back of this record sleeve"

(I Bought Myself a Liarbird - XTC)
SirMustapha
Junior Secretariat
Junior Secretariat

Re: mushroombossa's Simpsons art thread

Post by SirMustapha » Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:35 pm

I really like it! I really like how her young version looks very much like a mix between the two parents. Her adult version has a more Krabappel vibe, which I also enjoy. (and I appreciate female bass players!) I don't feel apt to give an in depth analysis on drawing, but your lines are very clean, very true to the show's style.

And good luck with the fanfic! I know how writing can be challenging, so I'm hoping you'll pull it off so we can know Amanda better. :)
"I know that the bourgeoisie stinks, but it has money to buy perfume."
-- Falcão
Nidotamer
Sub-sector Control Officer's Assistant
Sub-sector Control Officer's Assistant

Post by Nidotamer » Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:19 pm

A new art thread, I have competition :O
and it's already starting strong I'd say! And it's a great OC design too, not *exactly* like either parent but you can see a bit of both in there as well as kind of a "hook" if that makes sense? Like one especially distinctive feature, the wavy mouth in this case. There's been a lot of thought put into this so yeah, hoping we se-mour of her *nudge nudge*
------
"Harry tore his eyes from his head and threw them into the forest. Voldemort raised his eyebrows at Harry, who could not see anything at the moment."
---- Harry Potter and the Portrait of what Looked Like a Large Pile of Ash
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling
Custom Title: We have space marines at home

Post by c_nordlander » Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:10 pm

Ooh, looking good so far! You're very good at drawing (I must admit I'm not incredibly fond of her mouth in the middle picture, but that's a taste thing, and nothing says that I have to find characters attractive :) ), and the colouring is great. I agree with May (Nidotamer) that you have a good balance of making her resemble her mum without being a clone. I like that you drew her at different ages. I'm particularly fond of the oldest version: looks cool, very nice pose, and it's just nice to see a Springfieldianite who's neither pre-teen nor 30+.

You definitely know how to draw, and I'll be happy to read your fanfic if you write it.
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

-- Mother Mother, "Business Man"

Now offering writing commissions! Fanfiction or original, PM me for more information.
mushroombossa
New SNPP Employee
New SNPP Employee
Custom Title: The idiot in a box

Post by mushroombossa » Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:34 am

My friend pitched me this silly idea and it was just too good to ignore. Also I wish I didn't take so long lol
molemankirby.png

"Methinks world is for you
Made of what you believe
If it's false or if it's true
You can read it in your bible
Or on the back of this record sleeve"

(I Bought Myself a Liarbird - XTC)
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling
Custom Title: We have space marines at home

Post by c_nordlander » Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:47 pm

Everything's better with Kirby!

Cute idea, and Hans looks on-model to me, as does Kirby. The colours are perfect. Your shading looks good (bearing in mind I'm not an artist).
mushroombossa wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:34 am Also I wish I didn't take so long lol
I think every artist feels that way. :) Still, you've got a good picture out of it, and I'm sure speed comes with practice.
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

-- Mother Mother, "Business Man"

Now offering writing commissions! Fanfiction or original, PM me for more information.
missy_misery
Sector Control Officer
Sector Control Officer

Post by missy_misery » Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:57 am

Aww, super cute - welcome to the board!
Now known as Lisabella! (Or Missy.  Missy's good.)

Creator of the Waving Universe

Crack!Fic, The Marge Simpson Way: "Just then, Sir Lancelot rode up on a white horse and saved Joan of Arc.  They got married and lived in a spaceship.  The end." - Tales from the Public Domain, "Hot Child In The City"