Round Robin Rules

Take part in our Round Robins. Please note the rules for participating in the robins
gkscotty
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Round Robin Rules

Post by gkscotty » Sat Dec 14, 2002 5:15 pm

1) Each robin operates on a schedule.
2) A waiting list is drawn up for each robin. To join the list, ask to be added in that robin's current discussion thread.
3) When your turn to post comes up, you have three days in which to write your part. Write as much or as little as you like. You do not have to end on a cliffhanger, though suggesting ideas or plot threads to get the next person started never hurts.
4) You may submit your section early if you are done with it.
5) If you don't have time to write, you may forfiet your turn.
6) If a part is posted that you really hate, you can "No Way!" it in the discussion thread. If the next three posters "No Way!" something, the post in question may be editied or deleted, and the next poster gets 3 days from the point where the post was deleted/edited.
7) The purpose of "No Way!" is to clear out PARTICULARY TROUBLESOME POSTS ONLY. It is a LAST RESORT. The vast, vast majority of robin posts should not need them. Please do not fear them when you write, and please do not abuse them when you read.

Some Do Nots.
1) Do not try to end the story without the admin's approval.
2) Do not post out of turn.
3) We regret that we cannot allow extensions for your deadline. Think of the people after you in the queue waiting to write. If you're not finished, stop there and let the next person take over.
4) The normal SFWC rules of content (sex and violence) apply. (see the FAQS for more detail)
5) Do not edit your posts after posting, except to correct spelling mistakes.
6) Please keep out-of-story chat and comments to the robin's discussion thread.

Tips for writing
1) This is a game. Have fun. :-)
2) This is a challenge. Take it as an opportunity to write scenes you otherwise wouldn't think of!
Last edited by gkscotty on Thu Jan 01, 1970 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone’s fault. If it was Us, what did that make Me? After all, I’m one of Us. I must be. I’ve certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We’re always one of Us. It’s Them that do bad things. - Jingo, Terry Pratchett