mr burns picture

Get help and advice on your art and post works in progress.
Abe_Simpson
Supervising Technician
Supervising Technician

mr burns picture

Post by Abe_Simpson » Sun Nov 30, 2003 2:39 pm

ok... this is my mr burns picture that i did in photoshop. i need to improve it though, so critique away... i'm still not sure if this is the correct place to post it though...
Remember when he ate my goldfish? And you said I never had a goldfish? Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? WHY DID I HAVE THE BOWL?
FunkyMonk
Supervising Technician
Supervising Technician

Re:mr burns picture

Post by FunkyMonk » Sun Nov 30, 2003 3:51 pm

oo, good pic! It does need just a little improvement like you said though...and I don't think I should be talking. I make pics in paint that look horrible, heh. And as for the right place to put this pic, I think the critic's corner is alright, because after all, you're looking for people to give you some constructive criticism, aren't you? Well, even if you aren't, I'm going to give you some anyway. The pic is very good,*looks at Mr. Burns poster in room again* and I have a Mr. Burns poster with the same menacing look on him, and if I'm not mistaking his teeth show when he grins. You know, they stick out of his mouth like an overbite.
Last edited by FunkyMonk on Sun Nov 30, 2003 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I think I could sing and shear a few sheep at the same time,"-Robert Plant, NME, 1974

Abe_Simpson
Supervising Technician
Supervising Technician

Post by Abe_Simpson » Sun Nov 30, 2003 4:10 pm

that's what i forgot... i knew it was missing something... i'll try to fix it
Remember when he ate my goldfish? And you said I never had a goldfish? Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? WHY DID I HAVE THE BOWL?
JoeyGus
Safety Technician
Safety Technician

Post by JoeyGus » Wed Dec 10, 2003 9:12 pm

It's a good picture, but the lip is a bit on the big side and the overbite should stick out more. Also it may just be me but are the ears a lil' higher than supposed to be?
Kif White
Senior Executive
Senior Executive
Custom Title: Decepticon Commander

Post by Kif White » Wed Dec 10, 2003 9:46 pm

The others covered the main points: that his upper lip should stick out more and the teeth. The back of his head and ear should also curve out more and he should have an arc-shaped line beneath his closest eye. Apart from that, a good start :)
- Kenneth White

"Know the conflict within before facing the conflict without."

Now Watching: Babylon 5 - Season 3
Now Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening, Pokemon Heart Gold
Now Reading: Catch 22
Abe_Simpson
Supervising Technician
Supervising Technician

Post by Abe_Simpson » Thu Dec 11, 2003 7:41 pm

here is my edited mr burns. i have drawn the teeth about 7 times and they just don't look right... what do you think i should do? i'm looking an adrianna's direction, considering she has a poster, but if anyone else has any suggestions they would be greatly appreciated.
Last edited by Abe_Simpson on Thu Dec 11, 2003 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kif White
Senior Executive
Senior Executive
Custom Title: Decepticon Commander

Post by Kif White » Thu Dec 11, 2003 8:01 pm

Better. I think what you need to do is have the teeth getting more obscured by hit upper lip as they get further from it, if you get what I mean? Have them sticking out fully at the front of his lip, but as they get closer to the edge of his mouth, having them sticking out less, thus looking not so big.
- Kenneth White

"Know the conflict within before facing the conflict without."

Now Watching: Babylon 5 - Season 3
Now Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening, Pokemon Heart Gold
Now Reading: Catch 22
Horrorhead
Sub-sector Control Officer
Sub-sector Control Officer

Post by Horrorhead » Fri Dec 12, 2003 8:51 am

You forgot that circle under his eye. You know what I mean, that circle what all the "older" Simpsons characters have or when they're getting old.
FunkyMonk
Supervising Technician
Supervising Technician

Post by FunkyMonk » Sun Dec 14, 2003 12:54 pm

Much better ;)

.....What "circle"? Do you mean like the ones skinner has under his eyes? As far as I know he's the only one who has those. Burns doesn't, at least I don't think. :) And Skinner's not even that old. In "Skinner's Sense of Snow", it said he was 40.
Last edited by FunkyMonk on Sun Dec 14, 2003 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I think I could sing and shear a few sheep at the same time,"-Robert Plant, NME, 1974

JoeyGus
Safety Technician
Safety Technician

Post by JoeyGus » Sun Dec 14, 2003 3:15 pm

He'd have to be older than that to be a Vietnam veteran but they never grow up and also Mr. Burns he does have those aging marks. It's alittle better.
djwhitaker2004
Senior Technical Supervisor
Senior Technical Supervisor

Post by djwhitaker2004 » Sat Jan 17, 2004 7:20 pm

Those pictures of Mr.Burns almost scare me. But it good a little. And yes I really need to see a circle under Burns's eyes.
If Simpsons release only in August & December, here the list in the future:
Season 10 will be out on Aug 07, season 11 on Dec 07, season 12 on Aug 08, season 13 on Dec 08, season 14 on Aug 09, season 15 on Dec 09, season 16 on Aug 10, season 17 on Dec 10, & season 18 on Aug 11.