Shrek 2...2 Funny!

Off Topic Discussions and General Rantage for everything that doesn't fit into another forum. No flaming please.
Dana
Technical Supervisor
Technical Supervisor

Shrek 2...2 Funny!

Post by Dana » Sun May 30, 2004 12:16 am

Saw it today with the wife and kids...loved it. ;D

The pacing in this one is actually a lot faster than the original and the many sight gags and movie/fable references were terrific, my favorite parts being Pinnochio's "lie" and the donkey's reaction to his new "stud" look...fun stuff. ;D

Oh...and I thought the Puss n boots character would ruin it for me, but to my surprise, the little "hairball" grows on you. ;)

Equal to if not better than the original.
Having a smoking section in a restaurant is like having a peeing section in a pool. --George Carlin
Sheana_Molloy
Bootlick
Bootlick

Re:Shrek 2...2 Funny!

Post by Sheana_Molloy » Sun May 30, 2004 3:13 am

So I've heard. :)

It's rare that something like that gets pulled off. I guess I need to go see the first one...

Trace said he didn't see himself as an icon, but wanted to be a logo. Frank settled for being a font.
--MST3K interview

Peter Grant:  I'm the manager of Led Zeppelin!
Bob Dylan:  I don't come to you with my problems.
Stretch_Dude
Junior Secretariat
Junior Secretariat

Post by Stretch_Dude » Sun May 30, 2004 3:19 am

I saw it on Sunday, and I wholeheartedly agree, Dana. Rare is the movie where I'm laughing almost all the way through, and this is one of them. It's truly brilliant.
I memorized "Holy Grail" really well
I can recite it right now and have you ROTFLOL
- "Weird Al" Yankovic, "White and Nerdy"

"Any pile of stunted growth unaware that entertainment is just that and nothing more, deserves to doom themselves to some dank cell, somewhere, for having been so stupid!! Movies, books, T.V., music - they're all just entertainment, not guidebooks for damning yourself!" - Nny

I draw too, dammit!
Bothead
Advisory Technical Manager

Post by Bothead » Sun May 30, 2004 11:48 am

Oh darn. I think Shrek 2 will be released in UK & Ireeland in July. I don't want to wait that long!
Before continuing, it may be in your best interest, dear reader, to stop and ponder this. Picture it in your mind's eye. An evil one-eyed midget named Cheatum swam across the Gulf of Mexico wearing a shark fin on his back and then planted a bomb on a boat. Think about that. Let that sink in. Now. Wouldn't you want to buy a wrestling show after seeing this?

Dance Epidemic tonight!

Liverpool European Champions 2005. Go on the Kop!
Abe_Simpson
Supervising Technician
Supervising Technician

Post by Abe_Simpson » Sun May 30, 2004 2:10 pm

it was really funny... it's very rare that a sequel is OK... and this was excellent!
Remember when he ate my goldfish? And you said I never had a goldfish? Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? WHY DID I HAVE THE BOWL?
Marco

Post by Marco » Sun May 30, 2004 8:18 pm

The first one was a total masterwork, i look forward to seeing the sequel.
Especially since my fears of it being just like almost any other sequel (that is, $$$ machine) have been proven wrong, yay!
capadde
Technical Supervisor
Technical Supervisor

Post by capadde » Sun May 30, 2004 8:43 pm

Really looking forward to this movie. :)
What would you do if you found an angel on your balcony?
hadisia
General Control Officer
General Control Officer

Post by hadisia » Sun May 30, 2004 9:00 pm

I saw it the day it came out with my mum and my sister. I think I may like the second one better than the first.
WELSH: What the hell was that?
FRASER: The sound of a grown man squealing in a manner not becoming a member of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.
WELSH: Oh, Turnbull.
-"Mountie Sings the Blues," due SOUTH
Bothead

Post by Bothead » Mon May 31, 2004 9:35 pm

Depending on whether you see the sequel as a money machine or not, you will be happy (or not) to know that two more sequels for Shrek are being planned. And there's a rumour that Justin Timberlake will appear in the next one.
Before continuing, it may be in your best interest, dear reader, to stop and ponder this. Picture it in your mind's eye. An evil one-eyed midget named Cheatum swam across the Gulf of Mexico wearing a shark fin on his back and then planted a bomb on a boat. Think about that. Let that sink in. Now. Wouldn't you want to buy a wrestling show after seeing this?

Dance Epidemic tonight!

Liverpool European Champions 2005. Go on the Kop!
Kif White
Senior Executive
Senior Executive
Custom Title: Decepticon Commander

Post by Kif White » Thu Jun 24, 2004 12:14 pm

Quite late post for a quite late viewing of this movie... I held out for a wine and cheese Shrek 2 evening, and it was well worth it ;D

Seriously... fantastic movie! The best movie I've seen since RotK, and the best comedy I've seen since... I don't know when! Filled with so many great moments throughout, very funny and with a great storyline to boot. Even touching in many moments, which was nice. Better than the original for me, no doubt. I actually wasn't that huge a fan of the first one. Don't get me wrong, Shrek was good... but I found it to be a bit overrated and not every joke truly hit the mark for me. Shrek 2 is just pure brilliance though! So many great moments, too many to count. Fiona flinging the Little Mermaid into the sharks, Puss in Boots' many gags (especially his big eyes... awww...) the great Cops parody, nicely dubbed Knights, in fact there were a lot of really great parodies throughout... even more fairy tale ones in fact. The voice acting was terrific, Mike Myers and Eddie Murphy definitely back into the fray as good as ever, as well as brilliant performances from John Cleese and Antonio Banderas. I really can't praise this movie enough... I want to see it again right now! Big A+ from me.
Last edited by Kif White on Thu Jun 24, 2004 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Kenneth White

"Know the conflict within before facing the conflict without."

Now Watching: Babylon 5 - Season 3
Now Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening, Pokemon Heart Gold
Now Reading: Catch 22
archonix
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Post by archonix » Thu Jun 24, 2004 3:56 pm

I can't wait to see it too...

I've noticed a trend with Mike Myers though. He seems to like playing fat, ugly scots an awful lot. Is it just me?
Our choicest plans have fallen through, our airiest castles tumbled over, because of lines we neatly drew and later neatly stumbled over.
— Piet Hein - Grooks
Janie
Safety Technician
Safety Technician

Post by Janie » Fri Jun 25, 2004 4:22 am

I'm a STUPID MORON wrote: and the donkey's reaction to his new "stud" look...fun stuff. ;D
"Now, I'M SEXY!!!!" LMAO! XD

I haven't seen the movie yet. I really want to, tho- Shrek is hilarious!! ;D

And, Commisar - Mike Myers loves the Scottish, I'm supposing. :3
Jon
Sub-sector Control Officer
Sub-sector Control Officer

Post by Jon » Fri Jun 25, 2004 5:51 am

Just saw the movie today.

GAWDAMN IS IT EFF'N HILARIOUS.

It's one of those movies that gets you laughing with a big joke...then shoots off other jokes, rapid fire to keep you laughing.

Much like the style of classic Simpsons..

At any rate, HUGE A+.

I've heard that guy's an idiot.
SirMustapha
Junior Secretariat
Junior Secretariat

Post by SirMustapha » Fri Jun 25, 2004 3:36 pm

Did anybody see this article? You know, looks like pretty crazy stuff to me. If there was any of that stuff here in Brazil, I'd probably never want to watch Shrek 2 in my life!
"I know that the bourgeoisie stinks, but it has money to buy perfume."
-- Falcão
Sheana_Molloy
Bootlick
Bootlick

Post by Sheana_Molloy » Fri Jun 25, 2004 6:17 pm

*LOL*

Those articles are great! ;D

Trace said he didn't see himself as an icon, but wanted to be a logo. Frank settled for being a font.
--MST3K interview

Peter Grant:  I'm the manager of Led Zeppelin!
Bob Dylan:  I don't come to you with my problems.