A call to arms - in other words, plz read lol

Off Topic Discussions and General Rantage for everything that doesn't fit into another forum. No flaming please.
SirMustapha
Junior Secretariat
Junior Secretariat

A call to arms - in other words, plz read lol

Post by SirMustapha » Mon Jun 14, 2004 5:44 pm

Some time ago, Graham suggested us doing "Audio fanfic", that is, reading pieces of fanfiction and letting others hear it. It was the motivation I needed to release the Epilogue for Chris's Futurama fanfic "The Search For Zapp". Due to the positive feedback, and I went ahead and did the first chapter, with our own Kif White providing some of the voices. Well, even though almost nobody heard the first chapter ( :P ), I'm still willing to go ahead and to the second chapter!

The difference is, the second chapter has quite a lot of characters, and I don't think Kif and I will be able to do them all. Actually, I think that would be very boring. So, I'm here to invite anyone that wants to participate to collaborate in the project! Yes, if there is a voice that you feel like doing, let me know here, and we'll try to add you in the party! In my opinion, the more people collaborating, the more diverse the project is, and the better.

I left at home a file documenting all characters present in the chapter, and I will post it here when I can. Kif already chose the characters that he wants to voice, and I have to comfirm my choices. Chris says she will voice a secondary character that has about two lines, as a cameo, and this calls for a collective Yay.

Yay!

And I have to say, I really wish there were some actresses to voice Amy and Leela. I'm voicing Zeal already, and I don't want to turn into a girl. ;D But if you wish to participate, just drop me a note here. Give up being such lazy bums and help me out here, eh?
"I know that the bourgeoisie stinks, but it has money to buy perfume."
-- Falcão
Abe_Simpson
Supervising Technician
Supervising Technician

Re:A call to arms - in other words, plz read lol

Post by Abe_Simpson » Mon Jun 14, 2004 6:52 pm

I'd be happy to do a/some voice(s). I've got a microphone, just tell me what I need to do... it'd be good preparation for the play I'm in...
Remember when he ate my goldfish? And you said I never had a goldfish? Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? WHY DID I HAVE THE BOWL?
Bothead
Advisory Technical Manager

Post by Bothead » Mon Jun 14, 2004 6:56 pm

I didn't know there was such a thing going on. I would do it but I have no microphone. Oh well, better download the 1st chapter.
Before continuing, it may be in your best interest, dear reader, to stop and ponder this. Picture it in your mind's eye. An evil one-eyed midget named Cheatum swam across the Gulf of Mexico wearing a shark fin on his back and then planted a bomb on a boat. Think about that. Let that sink in. Now. Wouldn't you want to buy a wrestling show after seeing this?

Dance Epidemic tonight!

Liverpool European Champions 2005. Go on the Kop!
SirMustapha
Junior Secretariat
Junior Secretariat

Post by SirMustapha » Mon Jun 14, 2004 8:05 pm

Bothead wrote: Oh well, better download the 1st chapter.
You'd better. ;)
I'd be happy to do a/some voice(s). I've got a microphone, just tell me what I need to do... it'd be good preparation for the play I'm in...
I intend to make the list of characters here, so you can see if there's an open slot you'd like to take. :)
-- Falcão
archonix
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Post by archonix » Mon Jun 14, 2004 8:14 pm

Oh that's good, I wouldn't mind doing a bit-part as well. :)
Our choicest plans have fallen through, our airiest castles tumbled over, because of lines we neatly drew and later neatly stumbled over.
— Piet Hein - Grooks
SirMustapha
Junior Secretariat
Junior Secretariat

Post by SirMustapha » Mon Jun 14, 2004 8:33 pm

Commisar Geranovich wrote: Oh that's good, I wouldn't mind doing a bit-part as well. :)
I certainly wouldn't mind, either. ;D
-- Falcão
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling
Custom Title: We have space marines at home

Post by c_nordlander » Mon Jun 14, 2004 10:46 pm

OK, allow me to affirm again how incredibly flattered I am by this.

(I'm listening to Chapter 1 as we speak. Great music at the beginning, Fernie's narration is as great as ever. Expect a formal review soon. Graham seems entertained as well.)

And yeah, I've agreed to guest voice Cresher "Waa! She doesn't love me! Waa! Waa!" Wussley's mum, just so you don't hear any lies about me also voicing Leela, Amy, Linda and the Pain Monster. :)
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

-- Mother Mother, "Business Man"

Now offering writing commissions! Fanfiction or original, PM me for more information.
Kif White
Senior Executive
Senior Executive
Custom Title: Decepticon Commander

Post by Kif White » Mon Jun 14, 2004 10:51 pm

YAY! ;D

Well, as discussed in chat this past weekend, I'll be continuing as Zapp and Kif, as well as tackling Wussley, Rupert Fro, Zoidberg and Hermes. Fernie will still be doing his brilliant narrating, his great Zeal voice, and others. We've got Chris having a small cameo as Wussley's mother, and Bothead and Graham ready to do parts! This is looking better and better :)

Edit: Oh, I'll do a few voices this afternoon for the next part too :)
Last edited by Kif White on Mon Jun 14, 2004 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Kenneth White

"Know the conflict within before facing the conflict without."

Now Watching: Babylon 5 - Season 3
Now Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening, Pokemon Heart Gold
Now Reading: Catch 22
SirMustapha
Junior Secretariat
Junior Secretariat

Post by SirMustapha » Mon Jun 14, 2004 11:11 pm

So, we're getting somewhere, eh? Yes, this keeps getting better. :)

So far, the empty slots we have are:

Fry
Bender
Leela
Lieutenant Raye
Ensign Khan
Captain Spawkes

I'm keeping Zeal Bao and Robbie Servo for now. If necessary, I might try other voices, too, but I'll keep only those two for now. If you need, I can try and send you all lines that you have to record for the characters you choose. Just drop me a line.

Wow, my narration was called "great"? "Brilliant"? Gee, what a responsibility for the next chapter. ;D
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Jun 20, 2004 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-- Falcão
Bothead

Post by Bothead » Tue Jun 15, 2004 7:06 pm

Kif White wrote: We've got Chris having a small cameo as Wussley's mother, and Bothead and Graham ready to do parts!
Whoah, woah, woah! Sorry, but I said I couldn't because I don't have a microphone. All I said was that I would like too but I can't. Sorry about that.
Before continuing, it may be in your best interest, dear reader, to stop and ponder this. Picture it in your mind's eye. An evil one-eyed midget named Cheatum swam across the Gulf of Mexico wearing a shark fin on his back and then planted a bomb on a boat. Think about that. Let that sink in. Now. Wouldn't you want to buy a wrestling show after seeing this?

Dance Epidemic tonight!

Liverpool European Champions 2005. Go on the Kop!
Kif White
Senior Executive
Senior Executive
Custom Title: Decepticon Commander

Post by Kif White » Tue Jun 15, 2004 9:54 pm

Whoops! Sorry, Bothead. Scrolling up I see it was Abe who actually said they would :P

And while I'm here, I'll say that I've done a few more of the voices. You should have the first batch, Fernie :)
- Kenneth White

"Know the conflict within before facing the conflict without."

Now Watching: Babylon 5 - Season 3
Now Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening, Pokemon Heart Gold
Now Reading: Catch 22
SirMustapha
Junior Secretariat
Junior Secretariat

Post by SirMustapha » Wed Jun 16, 2004 2:35 pm

Got it! Gave a listen to some of them... Well, what can I say? Great, as usual! I'll take my time this weekend to download them and start working. I can't wait to see this taking shape.

For now, we still have the same open slots. Come on, people! If you have a microphone, give it a try! Shouldn't be that hard. If anyone needs assistance in recording sounds, I can give some help. (by the way, I should give the more "technical" details when it comes to sending me the files, but that's for later) We need actresses!

BTW, Chris, there are two lines for your character - the "classic" you know very well, and another short one a little afterwards, going something like "Yes, Captain, a heart attack". I don't think there is any other.
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Jun 16, 2004 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-- Falcão
aoifestorm
Sub-sector Control Officer

Post by aoifestorm » Wed Jun 16, 2004 9:17 pm

I would love to do a voice! ;) Just let me know who, what, when. ;D
Homer eats a little too much Chile to strong pepper and is found with hullicinations amongst other things it speaks with a dog.
SirMustapha
Junior Secretariat
Junior Secretariat

Post by SirMustapha » Thu Jun 17, 2004 12:05 pm

Yay! Excellent! If you want to make a voice, just pick one! Remember, we still have open slots for Leela and Amy, and we need an actress. ;) You can choose any other you think would sound good, too. Read the chapter (it's available somewhere in the Fanfic Opinions board) and see what lines suit you best, and then we'll talk further. :)
-- Falcão
aoifestorm

Post by aoifestorm » Thu Jun 17, 2004 10:36 pm

OK Fernie. ;) I can probably do a better Amy voice than Leela. So I'll be trying to practice my best Amy. If you need a male voice to be done instead, I'll see what I can do with the other male parts.
I am trying to get into voice-over work, so anything I can do like that sounds good.
Last edited by aoifestorm on Thu Jun 17, 2004 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Homer eats a little too much Chile to strong pepper and is found with hullicinations amongst other things it speaks with a dog.