The best fanfics

We aren't limited to fanfic. Any writing that doesn't fit elsewhere can go here. Feel free to post poetry, stories, articles, ideas and any other fiction or non-fiction you wish.
Dagdamor

The best fanfics

Post by Dagdamor » Sat Sep 04, 2004 1:51 pm

Hi.
Can you advise me which fanfic to read next? I've read Child of Darkness (excellent story), VR Lisa, Before Marge (both are very good), and Lisa Fitzgerald (excellent but very tragic). I tried to read Lisa Squared, but it's not a literary styled story, it's actually a script, and it's very hard for me to read it. :( So what's your favorite fanfic (except those ones)? Comedy or drama - no matter. Thanks.
archonix
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Re:The best fanfics

Post by archonix » Sat Sep 04, 2004 2:17 pm

Actually that's a hard question to ask. A lot of the fanfiction here is in something resembling script format. Hmm... try looking out for Waving and its sequels. They're in the reviews section of the forum somewhere. I undersatnd they're very good.
Our choicest plans have fallen through, our airiest castles tumbled over, because of lines we neatly drew and later neatly stumbled over.
— Piet Hein - Grooks
capadde
Technical Supervisor
Technical Supervisor

Post by capadde » Sat Sep 04, 2004 6:00 pm

Full Life wo Sagashite
What would you do if you found an angel on your balcony?
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling
Custom Title: We have space marines at home

Post by c_nordlander » Sat Sep 04, 2004 7:18 pm

If you liked "Lisa Fitzgerald" (heck, who doesn't?), you could check out "The Yellow Mile" by the same author. Or if you're the least interested in Futurama fanfic, may I suggest "A Past With No Future" by Kenneth White.
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

-- Mother Mother, "Business Man"

Now offering writing commissions! Fanfiction or original, PM me for more information.
Dana
Technical Supervisor
Technical Supervisor

Post by Dana » Sat Sep 04, 2004 11:46 pm

Hmmm...all very good titles. You may wish to add to the list, "Hey Moe" for straight comedy and for a perfect blend of Comedy/Drama, try "A Dedicated Follower of fission".

You didn't mention it, but in case you find yourself in the mood for some great sci-fi/parody work, Karsten's "Bart Wars" series is very much worth a read. I've never been a Star Wars fan, but these stories held my attention and made me LOL time and time again. ;D

Dana
Having a smoking section in a restaurant is like having a peeing section in a pool. --George Carlin
archonix
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Post by archonix » Sun Sep 05, 2004 12:31 am

I should add, all of Dana's work is spectacularly good too. :)
Our choicest plans have fallen through, our airiest castles tumbled over, because of lines we neatly drew and later neatly stumbled over.
— Piet Hein - Grooks
Bothead
Advisory Technical Manager
Advisory Technical Manager

Post by Bothead » Sun Sep 05, 2004 7:13 pm

I'd suggest Frinky Fantasy, Tomorrow Never D'ohs, Survive Or Die and some of the Treehouse of Horror ones.
Before continuing, it may be in your best interest, dear reader, to stop and ponder this. Picture it in your mind's eye. An evil one-eyed midget named Cheatum swam across the Gulf of Mexico wearing a shark fin on his back and then planted a bomb on a boat. Think about that. Let that sink in. Now. Wouldn't you want to buy a wrestling show after seeing this?

Dance Epidemic tonight!

Liverpool European Champions 2005. Go on the Kop!
Kif White
Senior Executive
Senior Executive
Custom Title: Decepticon Commander

Post by Kif White » Sun Sep 05, 2004 10:18 pm

I'd suggest you actually read some of the newer stuff that hasn't been read much by other people. I don't know if much of it is good or not, but there are recent stories here that have got very little feedback for the author. Especially ones that are in the Fanfic Opinions board. It's all very well to read the great stories recommended by others above, but most of them are fairly old now and have already gotten a good amount of feedback.
Last edited by Kif White on Sun Sep 05, 2004 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Kenneth White

"Know the conflict within before facing the conflict without."

Now Watching: Babylon 5 - Season 3
Now Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening, Pokemon Heart Gold
Now Reading: Catch 22
Brentyn
New SNPP Employee
New SNPP Employee

Post by Brentyn » Thu Sep 09, 2004 4:10 am

The Yellow Mile is great reading, and Full Life wo Sagashite too if you're up for a heartbreaker.
We move in circles
Balanced all the while
On a gleaming razor's edge

A perfect sphere
Colliding with our fate
This story ends where it began
Dagdamor

Post by Dagdamor » Mon Oct 25, 2004 3:51 am

Thank you guys. I've read most of the suggested, and almost all of it was wonderful, thanks again...
EvilCupcake
Supervising Technician
Supervising Technician

Post by EvilCupcake » Thu Dec 09, 2004 1:41 pm

Right And Wong, The Last Action Ranger, Judging Amy Kroker. You see a pattern here ;]. But you need to have an opinion of your own, mate, what we like might not be what you like. For example, if you dont like cloning or genetic experement stories then you wont like Lisa^2 and if you dont like crossovers then you wont like Simpmoon or Frinky Fantasy or Bart Wars.