More ideas

Get help, post works in progress for feedback and see articles and tutorials written by other writers.
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling
Custom Title: future Neuralink chassis

More ideas

Post by c_nordlander » Tue Oct 05, 2004 4:22 pm

It's been a while since, so I'll post some of my ideas for upcoming fanfics (*very* upcoming in some cases, what with me taking a bit of a break from fanfic writing at the present time, but I want to write these) here in order to... I  don't know. Make sure I've got them, I guess. Oh, and tantalise. You probably know most of these, though.

Simpsons fanfiction:

"The Mediocre Escape" (title courtesy of Alex): After being busted for smoking cannabis (which they have not, in fact, done), some Springfield kids are sentenced to the Devil's Island Tranquillity Resort, a maximum security juvenile prison, and make a grand plan to escape... but there is an ironic twist. (Note: I cannot tell you what the ironic twist is. Then it's not as ironic.) In Progress.

"Full Metal Jackass" (sorry, Kenneth, but I thought of this before I heard of your idea by the same title, so apologies): Bart returns to Rommelwood Military School for a bet, but during a wilderness trek in full gear he goes badly wrong and ends up intruding on the British Embassy. An *evil* British General decides to take this as an act of aggression from America, and Bart is placed in custody. His family have to set him free somehow, and the man they choose to save him is the one most likely to pursue Bart unyieldingly... Sideshow Bob.

"Revenge of the Sidhe": One of these weird fantasy fics. Maggie disappears while Bart is taking her for a walk. Bart goes to search for her, and disappears himself. Then Lisa goes to search for them... (No connection to "Revenge of the Sith" other than the title.)

"Slim Scratchy": Title pending. A murder mystery. Tora Stahlstadt, washed-up movie star, comes to guest voice on Itchy & Scratchy. While on air, however, she dies under mysterious circumstances. In Progress.

Futurama fanfiction:

"The Manchurian Cardinal": Fry passes out and completely loses consciousness for a couple of days. When he comes to, on the good side, he is still alive and in good health. On the bad side, he has no idea how he got here, he has no idea what is going to happen to him, and he has just become the new Space Pope.

"The Chronic Juggernauts": Another flippin' time travel story, though this one is possibly novel. When the Professor finally invents a time machine, what is the next course of action? To mass-manufacture it in order to wage a war against another time period, of course.

"The Mute and the Norm": alternative universe story, from the episode "The Cyberhouse Rules". Dramatic, though not too angsty. Leela decided to stay with Adlai, and they have a child the normal way (rather than trying to adopt, as in the episode). However, when their child is born, it's a mutant. FINISHED!

"The Lenswoman": Another dramatic one. Fry is depressed after Leela again rebuffs his advances (possibly post-"The Devil's Hands Are Idle Playthings"), but gets some diversion from playing with the Professor's latest invention, a hyper-strength microscope. Then he sees a beautiful girl living in an atom, and falls in love.

"Cluster's Last Stand": *Something* (can't tell you, but Kenneth gave me a great idea) turns the entire population of New New York into one big hive organism. Only Fry is immune to it (as usual) and has to find a way to stop it.

"Running Mute" (title pending): It's time for mayoral elections in New New York, and Fry decides to run for the post. Due to his friendship with Leela, he makes his cause the rights of the mutants (such as, giving them some rights, to start with), and becomes known as a liberal hero. However, his "some of my best friends are..." charisma gets a dent when Leela runs against him.
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

-- Mother Mother, "Business Man"

Now offering writing commissions! Fanfiction or original, PM me for more information.
Bothead
Advisory Technical Manager

Re:More ideas

Post by Bothead » Tue Oct 05, 2004 7:52 pm

I can safely say you've put some thought into the Futurama ones. Heck, all five of them have enough promise to turn out good. The storyline in "The Chronic Juggernauts" sounds like something the Proffessor would do.
Last edited by Bothead on Wed Oct 06, 2004 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Before continuing, it may be in your best interest, dear reader, to stop and ponder this. Picture it in your mind's eye. An evil one-eyed midget named Cheatum swam across the Gulf of Mexico wearing a shark fin on his back and then planted a bomb on a boat. Think about that. Let that sink in. Now. Wouldn't you want to buy a wrestling show after seeing this?

Dance Epidemic tonight!

Liverpool European Champions 2005. Go on the Kop!
archonix
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Post by archonix » Wed Oct 06, 2004 12:21 am

You do realise, now that youv'e told everyone about these ideas, you have to write them. To leave them as they are would be an injustice of the grandest proportions. ;)
Our choicest plans have fallen through, our airiest castles tumbled over, because of lines we neatly drew and later neatly stumbled over.
— Piet Hein - Grooks
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling

Post by c_nordlander » Wed Oct 06, 2004 7:19 am

Heh heh... well, if anyone cares, I've started on "The Mediocre Escape". As for the others, I don't know when, but I think "The Mute and the Norm" is next on my list. I keep getting ideas for that one...
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

Now offering writing commissions! Fanfiction or original, PM me for more information.
D.B.
Sub Lt
Sub Lt

Post by D.B. » Wed Oct 06, 2004 10:06 am

*starts whistling Great Escape music in anticipaiton*
"The way to succeed is to get born at the right time and in the right place. If you can do that then you are bound to succeed. You have to be receptive and have some talent as well."
- Sydney Brenner
missygal21880

Post by missygal21880 » Sat Oct 09, 2004 6:15 pm

oooh, those are all wonderful, but "The Mute and The Norm"'s what grabbed me by the throat; I'm definately looking out for it when it comes!

Missy
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling

Re: More ideas

Post by c_nordlander » Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:41 am

It's been a while, and I've got a couple more, and some other people are posting their fanfic ideas, so I decided to update this one.

Simpsons fanfiction:

"The Ides of Marge": Marge decides to get back into writing, and starts plotting a political thriller about a conspiracy to assassinate the Governor. But someone decides to turn her story into reality...

"Embiggened": A THoH short, parodying Tom Hanks comedy "Big". Bart, dissatisfied with what seems like an eternity of being a kid, makes a wish to a dodgy fairground wizard and ages 15 years overnight, but he soon realises that adult life isn't all fun and games. FINISHED!

Futurama fanfiction:

"Anthology of Interest IV": What if Bender could travel through time? What if Leela had been adopted? What if Zapp were the ultimate lord and master of the universe and Leela was in love with him? FINISHED!

"The Tourists" (title pending): A bit dark. All of a sudden, New New Yorkers are possessed by... something... for short periods of time, during which they commit acts of immorality and even murder, without remembering anything when they return to their old selves. The Planet Express crew decide to investigate what is behind this mind control, before they become its next victims. In progress.

There might be more, I never know...
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

missygal21880

Post by missygal21880 » Fri Mar 24, 2006 3:29 pm

I'm highly intrigued by the Marge idea, and the second 'Rama fic sounds intriguing.
OARRIAGA2001

Post by OARRIAGA2001 » Fri Mar 24, 2006 4:28 pm

Wow! I never thought there were so many fanfics from you, Chris,  already written.  May I ask you where are they? Specially the Simpsons ones.  I'm having the same opinion as misygal, here.  I demand you to finish with Marge's story first. ;)  I love the genre.
Never judge a book by its cover.....
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling

Post by c_nordlander » Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:07 am

Well, I still haven't written most of the ideas in this thread. As for my finished fanfics, most of them are very old and, frankly, not very good. The best ones are in the archives (under the name c_nordlander, for those who didn't know), and some others should be in the Opinions and Reviews threads, though a lot were temporarily lost when the site moved. (At least "The Springfield Wives" is available.)
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling

Post by c_nordlander » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:55 am

I've had quite a few more ideas recently, so I thought I might post some more. (Even though I haven't written most of the ones above, but don't worry, I'll get there eventually.)

Simpsons fanfic ideas:

"Citizen Jane": Thirty or so years in the future, Senator Lisa Simpson is running for President... against her old friend, Janey (as the ghost of George Washington predicted, see "Lisa the Iconoclast"). Will either of them be prepared to use underhanded tactics to win the election? A bit of an attempt to flesh out Janey's character as well.

"Marge's Moment of Beauty": Comedy/drama. While out jogging, Marge manages to talk a suicidal man down from a roof. A news channel promises to interview her about her heroic action, but as the interview is run against a major sports event on another channel, it passes virtually unnoticed. Embittered, Marge becomes obsessed with gaining the admiration of her fellow townspeople.

"Hateful Things": A THoH short, vaguely parodying Stephen King's "Needful Things". A mysterious stranger sets up shop in Springfield, selling things that everyone wants. But when his customers start suffering from odd accidents caused by his merchandise, it appears that everything he sells is under a curse.

Futurama fanfic ideas:

"No Time": Rather dramatic. Originally written as an entry in the fanfic competition, but turned out to be far too long. When the Planet Express crew fly to deliver supplies to planet Teleute, devastated long ago by a horrible war, it looks like a routine mission. But when the ship (and Bender) disappear without a trace, Fry and Leela find themselves alone on the tundra, and there are worse things than the cold lying in wait for them. In Progress.

"Don't Be Afraid": Crossover with British comedy series The Young Ones. Possibly a full-length Anthology of Interest type story. When four college students of dubious intelligence take over the Earth for some reason, only the Planet Express gang can stop them. Allegedly.
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

missy_misery
Sector Control Officer
Sector Control Officer

Post by missy_misery » Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:38 pm

"Citizen Jane": Thirty or so years in the future, Senator Lisa Simpson is running for President... against her old friend, Janey (as the ghost of George Washington predicted, see "Lisa the Iconoclast"). Will either of them be prepared to use underhanded tactics to win the election? A bit of an attempt to flesh out Janey's character as well.
This sounds very interesting, and is my favorite of the bunch.
"No Time": Rather dramatic. Originally written as an entry in the fanfic competition, but turned out to be far too long. When the Planet Express crew fly to deliver supplies to planet Teleute, devastated long ago by a horrible war, it looks like a routine mission. But when the ship (and Bender) disappear without a trace, Fry and Leela find themselves alone on the tundra, and there are worse things than the cold lying in wait for them. In Progress.
Also sounds good and like it could be VERY dark. *intrigued*
Now known as Lisabella! (Or Missy.  Missy's good.)

Creator of the Waving Universe

Crack!Fic, The Marge Simpson Way: "Just then, Sir Lancelot rode up on a white horse and saved Joan of Arc.  They got married and lived in a spaceship.  The end." - Tales from the Public Domain, "Hot Child In The City"
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling

Post by c_nordlander » Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:40 am

And more.

Simpsons fanfic ideas:

"Damnatio Memoriae": Your regular teen horror story, set when the kids are in high-school. A plain, unpopular classmate of Lisa kills herself when rejected by the guy she's in love with. Shortly after her death, the more popular kids are driven to psychoses and death by visions of the dead girl. Lisa must find a way to lay the vengeful spirit to rest.

Futurama fanfic ideas:

"Xenome": AU, quite dramatic. What if Fry had been assigned a different job upon waking up in the 30th century? As a recruit to the militia that exposes mutants and takes them to the sewers, Fry finds himself in an action-filled futuristic job. But when his first friend in the future, Applied Cryonics employee Leela, gets outed as a mutant, he finds himself in a conflict of interests.
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

Tyrannus
Trainee Technician
Trainee Technician

Post by Tyrannus » Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:14 pm

I'd like to see how you handle "Damnatio Memoriae" probably because I'm a fan of classic/supernatural horror stories. Not to say your other ideas aren't intriguing.

Speaking of which, have you abandoned the older ideas? It's been nearly a year since they were pitched.
Crazed Sherri & Terri fan.

You can't have your characters announce how they feel, that makes me feel angry-Beelzebot.
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling

Post by c_nordlander » Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:18 pm

Heh, thanks!
Tyrannus wrote: Speaking of which, have you abandoned the older ideas? It's been nearly a year since they were pitched.
I haven't, on principle, I just have a very long list of stuff to write (both fanfic and original), and new stuff pops up faster than I can get through the stories. Some things here are more likely to get written than other.

Of the ideas here, I have finished "The Mute and the Norm", and have drafts finished of "Embiggened" and "Anthology of Interest IV".

I'd also like to point out that if anyone really feels like writing one of the ideas I've posted here, ask me about it and I'll give it to you (unless I'm really set on/already writing it). Just treat it well.
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon