Futurama poem

We aren't limited to fanfic. Any writing that doesn't fit elsewhere can go here. Feel free to post poetry, stories, articles, ideas and any other fiction or non-fiction you wish.
EvilCupcake
Supervising Technician
Supervising Technician

Futurama poem

Post by EvilCupcake » Thu Feb 24, 2005 3:45 pm

A Ode To Futurama

Only on TV for four years,
my eyes are filling with lots of tears.

All thanks to Fox! Put 'em in the stocks!
Let them feel the pain we're feeling. Hit 'em hard, send them reeling.

Right now, I feel I'm about to cry.
Over the bitter loss of Bender and Fry.
Oh, Fox! Hear our plea, put this show back on T.V!
You life will be so much better, cause we will stop sending you hate letters.

So stop all the pain, stop all the drama.
Pull out your finger, and renew Futurama.

Eh? Just made it up as I went along.
Vulgaris_Prime
Trainee Technician
Trainee Technician

Re:Futurama poem

Post by Vulgaris_Prime » Thu Feb 24, 2005 7:22 pm

Oh, now that's just silly... and that's the way I like it. Keep it.

Unfortunately, that won't change those not-so-fine folks at Rupert's House. Remember, their craniums are firmly implanted in a place that's more appealing than The Simple Life, and emits less odor.

On a technical note, I think you mean the title to be "An Ode to Futurama", unless you either just made a typo or meant that as a joke.
Back from the dead!
Bothead
Advisory Technical Manager
Advisory Technical Manager

Post by Bothead » Thu Feb 24, 2005 9:02 pm

Oh, Fox! Hear our plea, put this show back on T.V!
You life will be so much better, cause we will stop sending you hate letters[/qoute]

That won't happen anytime soon. Good poem.
Before continuing, it may be in your best interest, dear reader, to stop and ponder this. Picture it in your mind's eye. An evil one-eyed midget named Cheatum swam across the Gulf of Mexico wearing a shark fin on his back and then planted a bomb on a boat. Think about that. Let that sink in. Now. Wouldn't you want to buy a wrestling show after seeing this?

Dance Epidemic tonight!

Liverpool European Champions 2005. Go on the Kop!
Ekko
Technical Supervisor
Technical Supervisor

Post by Ekko » Wed Mar 02, 2005 1:54 am

I've always had a grudge on Futurama, ever since it came out. Why? 'Cuz it shortened the Simpson's lifespan. But aside from this, it was a fairly humorous poem, good show, 7 thumbs-up...
Can you withstand the power of my super taunt?
archonix
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Post by archonix » Wed Mar 02, 2005 9:35 am

You mean shotened it down to a mere 17 years with several more on the way?
Our choicest plans have fallen through, our airiest castles tumbled over, because of lines we neatly drew and later neatly stumbled over.
— Piet Hein - Grooks
Ekko
Technical Supervisor
Technical Supervisor

Post by Ekko » Wed Mar 02, 2005 2:49 pm

Yes, The Simpsons has one of the longest life spans of any cartoon, but when Futurama came to town, the efforts on The Simpsons were divided to help her sister. So, jokes were borrowed and The Simpsons started going downhill ever since. Futurama going belly-up gave The Simpsons a little while longer to live, but it's only a matter of time now...
Last edited by Ekko on Wed Mar 02, 2005 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Can you withstand the power of my super taunt?
archonix
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Post by archonix » Wed Mar 02, 2005 4:52 pm

I'm not sure what you're getting at, really. Only a couple of the named writers on The Simpsons wrote episodes for Futurama, and MG hasn't had any real creative input on The SImpsons since season 7. Or is it 8? Anyway, OFF went bad because o bad production decisions. Mike Scully is the one to blame for that. :)
Our choicest plans have fallen through, our airiest castles tumbled over, because of lines we neatly drew and later neatly stumbled over.
— Piet Hein - Grooks
Dagdamor

Post by Dagdamor » Wed Mar 02, 2005 9:12 pm

I agree with Ekko. (surprised, eh?)

Futurama didn't only grab writers/animators efforts away from Simpsons, but it dragged away some people interests. I know many people who were the Simpsons fans in the past; but switched to Futurama later. I don't hate this show; I just think it would be better if it started *after* (maybe temporarily) closing the Simpsons, in the future, not as alternative, but as just-in-time substitution. The thing that Futurama was so quickly closed made things even worse. Now those people just *hate* the Simpsons and tell about "how much they lost" and "how great Futurama could be".
archonix
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Post by archonix » Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:16 pm

Ok, this is getting me down now.

Futurama didn't take animators or writers away from The Simpsons. It was made by a seperate company. One or two named writers worked on both shows but the writing and animation teams were completely different. I only know of one Simpsons animator that moved to Futurama, and that didn't last long; Frama was cancelled about a year after he got there.

A lot of people are negative toward The Simpsons because it remains on air despite dteriorating so much. Futurama was just hitting its stride when it was cancelled for the petty reason that MG wouldn't allow Fox to have complete creative control. Fox have creative control on The Simpsons, so they won't cancel it as long as the ratings are high enough, and to hell with the quality... it's a cash cow to them. There's no point in hating one show because the other has gone bad. Futurama isn't to blame, Fox is to blame, for running The Simpsons in to the ground and cancelling Futurama at the peak of its game.
— Piet Hein - Grooks
EvilCupcake
Supervising Technician
Supervising Technician

Post by EvilCupcake » Thu Mar 03, 2005 10:32 am

Oh thank you, THANK YOU. I thought I was the only one who thought this but I am not.

I cannot belive Fox cancelled this show because MG didnt give them controll over it. It's pathetic. And whats this about Futurama making the Simpsons bad? Mike Scully did that.

[conspiracy theroy] Maybe Matt put Mike Scully as EP dilibratly to sabotage the Simpsons to get revenge on Fox for Futurama [/conspiracy theroy]
EvilCupcake
Supervising Technician
Supervising Technician

Post by EvilCupcake » Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:31 pm

Dagdamor wrote: I agree with Ekko. (surprised, eh?)

Futurama didn't only grab writers/animators efforts away from Simpsons, but it dragged away some people interests. I know many people who were the Simpsons fans in the past; but switched to Futurama later. I don't hate this show; I just think it would be better if it started *after* (maybe temporarily) closing the Simpsons, in the future, not as alternative, but as just-in-time substitution. The thing that Futurama was so quickly closed made things even worse. Now those people just *hate* the Simpsons and tell about "how much they lost" and "how great Futurama could be".
Err, what?! While I think tha Futurama could have been aired after the Simpsons, I do not understand your beef with Futurama. First of all, Rama is/was made by Rough Draft, Simpsons are made by Film Roman. So it did not drag people away, plus if you worked on a TV show for 17 odd years, you would want to do something else too.