Best and Worst Shorts Episodes

Discuss The Simpsons, Futurama and other Groening related stuff. Remember Life in Hell?
Forum rules
When posting reviews of new episodes, please be sure to add "REVIEW:" to the start of your title so the software knows that it's a review.
djwhitaker2004
Senior Technical Supervisor

Best and Worst Shorts Episodes

Post by djwhitaker2004 » Thu Jun 23, 2005 6:34 am

Can you remember Simpsons shorts episode in 1987-89 at The Tracey Ullman Show? Will what is your favorite and what is your worst episode? Here my review...
Best:
    -Burp Contest: I really like Brat and Lisa playing that game.
    -Bathtime: Nice animation and I like seein Homer get mad after Bart add water too much.*
    -The Aquarium: It was good, I really like Bart swimming in the aquarium.
Worst:
    -The Funeral: Homer and Marge tell their kids that they would not taking their them to the funeral again, making kids very mad.
    -Bart's Little Fantasy: I didn't like Homer and Marge make their kids to clean their room.**
    -The Bart Simpson Show: Homer don't want Bart and Lisa to watch TV, I didn't like it.

What is your best and worst shorts?

*Shown on 138th episode spectacular
**I read it at www.snpp.com
If Simpsons release only in August & December, here the list in the future:
Season 10 will be out on Aug 07, season 11 on Dec 07, season 12 on Aug 08, season 13 on Dec 08, season 14 on Aug 09, season 15 on Dec 09, season 16 on Aug 10, season 17 on Dec 10, & season 18 on Aug 11.
Sheana_Molloy
Bootlick
Bootlick

Re: Best and Worst Shorts Episodes

Post by Sheana_Molloy » Thu Jun 23, 2005 3:12 pm

-Bart's Little Fantasy: I didn't like Homer and Marge make their kids to clean their room.**
    -The Bart Simpson Show: Homer don't want Bart and Lisa to watch TV, I didn't like it.
Um...why?  That's what parents are supposed to do with their kids.

Trace said he didn't see himself as an icon, but wanted to be a logo. Frank settled for being a font.
--MST3K interview

Peter Grant:  I'm the manager of Led Zeppelin!
Bob Dylan:  I don't come to you with my problems.
Meteorite
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer
Custom Title: spacehorse

Post by Meteorite » Thu Jun 23, 2005 3:54 pm

cuteswan wrote: I can't remember, but was the "guaranteed family happiness or twice your money back" a series of shorts on Tracy Ullman or an actual episode?
Actual episode: There's no Disgrace Like Home, though I believe they did go to a(nother) family therapist once in the shorts.

<gkscotty|drawing> most people play Pokemon games with GameFAQs or a Pokéwiki open
<gkscotty|drawing> you seem to have TVTRopes :P

Sometimes I feel like dressing up my Gaia avatar.
Feels kinda pointless since I don't actually do stuff at Gaia, so I'm putting it here.
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling
Custom Title: We have space marines at home

Post by c_nordlander » Fri Jun 24, 2005 4:46 pm

Dark Mage wrote: Actual episode: There's no Disgrace Like Home, though I believe they did go to a(nother) family therapist once in the shorts.
Yup. The short was called "Family Therapy". I haven't seen it myself, but I know that "There's no Disgrace Like Home" references it with the "let's go for a big round of frosty chocolate milkshakes!" line.

And DJ... have you got some kind of problem with parents telling their kids to do things?
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

-- Mother Mother, "Business Man"

Now offering writing commissions! Fanfiction or original, PM me for more information.
Meteorite
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer
Custom Title: spacehorse

Post by Meteorite » Fri Jun 24, 2005 8:37 pm

Immaterial wrote: And DJ... have you got some kind of problem with parents telling their kids to do things?
Now now people, maybe DJ has had some childhood trauma in which his parents told him to clean his room and not watch TV.  Nine children out of ten suffer from this.  It's unfortunately a common situation.

<gkscotty|drawing> most people play Pokemon games with GameFAQs or a Pokéwiki open
<gkscotty|drawing> you seem to have TVTRopes :P

Sometimes I feel like dressing up my Gaia avatar.
Feels kinda pointless since I don't actually do stuff at Gaia, so I'm putting it here.
djwhitaker2004

Post by djwhitaker2004 » Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:19 pm

No it not that, I know that what parents always do to their kids to clean up, but I don't like seein them being mad to their kids, I just like see family spent time together beside makin kids work so hard. And of course "There's no Disgrace Like Home" is a good episode.
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Jul 21, 2005 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Season 10 will be out on Aug 07, season 11 on Dec 07, season 12 on Aug 08, season 13 on Dec 08, season 14 on Aug 09, season 15 on Dec 09, season 16 on Aug 10, season 17 on Dec 10, & season 18 on Aug 11.
zerobeat

Post by zerobeat » Sat Jun 25, 2005 2:46 pm

for all yall the simpsons fans join my board?

(mod edit - no. Go away)
Last edited by gkscotty on Sun Jun 26, 2005 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ekko
Technical Supervisor
Technical Supervisor

Post by Ekko » Sun Jun 26, 2005 1:43 am

zerobeat wrote: for all yall the simpsons fans join my board
http://s7.invisionfree.com/The_Simpsoms/index.php?
That's what happens when people get desperate, resorting to unwanted posts and spam. Sad really...

Ouu! Cool background skin! *signs up*
Can you withstand the power of my super taunt?
Hellfish
Safety Technician
Safety Technician

Post by Hellfish » Sun Jun 26, 2005 2:00 am

"I love the smell of spam in the morning!" *gags*

Meanwhile, back on-topic:
Of the few Ullman short episodes I've seen (Can't seem to find these things anywhere!), my favorite is Skateboarding.Lots'a 80's nostalgia.
And what's the deal with traffic theory?
djwhitaker2004

Post by djwhitaker2004 » Thu Jul 21, 2005 9:40 pm

Well it tough to look for those short episodes, but some of them could be found at the best of The Simpson vol. 1-12 on VHS. And I think their one website you can download an episode to watch, but I can't remember what the name of it because it a long time ago.