A saucerful of Cargos Art

Get help and advice on your art and post works in progress.
KANG
Sub-sector Control Officer's Assistant

A saucerful of Cargos Art

Post by KANG » Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:34 pm

I don´t want to withhold you my different arts I drew the last time.
First you gonna see my absolute first Furry-Art I drew for my girl-friend.  :D
Tell me you oppinion, please! Critic is also allowed!
I ´ll post more in this thread the next days...

You´ll see...
- Some of my Starlight Express Fanart
- Portraits of really persons (my Mum, David Gilmour, friends...)
- One special new Scrooge McDuck fanpicture...
- More Anime
- And maybe even more something something...

Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marco

Re: A saucerful of KANG´s Art

Post by Marco » Wed Jul 27, 2005 4:07 pm

Wow, it's great to see you exploring so many different styles. That's what creativity is, congrats.
As for the drawing here, well its very well done. i dont have much experience in this filed but it definitely looks very good. Kitties!
The only thing that imho doesnt go very well, if i really have to nitpick, is their too big paws/legs. Even if Faelis's legs are supposed to be muscular i dunno, they still look a bit too thick. I like the faces and how you blended the hair with the fur.

Anoter thing i noticed, the shadows are nice and the background as always is very well detailed without being intrusive. Good work!
KANG

Post by KANG » Fri Jul 29, 2005 3:47 pm

Thank you Marco, for your really motivating comment on my first artpiece I posted here. :)

If anybody is interisted I could do more of this furry-work. For me it was just an experiment what I could also do. Meh, lets go to the next piece, it´s the D.U.C.K. picture I was working on the last month. And I am very proud of it.

Do you know the story of Scrooge´s gold digger adventures in Klondike by Carl Barks? He told us a story where Scrooge took Goldy to his claim and treats her to work there, because she was stealing gold...
But I think there were more than this story...  ;)

archonix
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Post by archonix » Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:20 pm

Certainly an interesting twist. Ahh, the tales those ducks could tell...
Our choicest plans have fallen through, our airiest castles tumbled over, because of lines we neatly drew and later neatly stumbled over.
— Piet Hein - Grooks
Dagdamor

Post by Dagdamor » Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:58 pm

Both pics are great.
Heh... is that just me, or the subjects on both pics look totally identical? ;)
I wish I had a girlfriend who allows me to draw her so often... heh heh, just kidding.
That's a really great pieces of art. I'm starting to like pencil shading...
Brentyn
New SNPP Employee
New SNPP Employee

Post by Brentyn » Sun Jul 31, 2005 12:41 pm

KANG wrote:Do you know the story of Scrooge´s gold digger adventures in Klondike by Carl Barks? He told us a story where Scrooge took Goldy to his claim and treats her to work there, because she was stealing gold...
I read that one, I've still got it somewhere! Loved how he ended up rigging the gold race in her favour.

But I'm afraid that pic, despite being brilliantly created (I love the Northern Lights), is going to give me nightmares. ;)
We move in circles
Balanced all the while
On a gleaming razor's edge

A perfect sphere
Colliding with our fate
This story ends where it began
Ekko
Technical Supervisor
Technical Supervisor

Post by Ekko » Sun Jul 31, 2005 4:37 pm

Dagdamor wrote: I wish I had a girlfriend who allows me to draw her so often... heh heh, just kidding.
So, you don't wish you had a girlfriend who allows you to draw her so often?

By the way. I've never told anyone this, but it was because of KANG that I got into drawing all together. (You remember Finale Simpsons?) But you've changed since then, you branched out in new directions, and once I thought I could respectively compare with you, you blew us all away. Great stuff, no other way to say it.

Even if he likes to draw himself and his girlfriend more than anything else, so what? If he doesn't draw Lisa every time, so what? This man deserves much more credit than any of us give him. He's an explorer, a risk taker, and above all else, original! In my opinion, he's the best 'round these here parts.
Can you withstand the power of my super taunt?
Marco

Post by Marco » Sun Jul 31, 2005 4:41 pm

Ekko wrote: Even if he likes to draw himself and his girlfriend more than anything else, so what? If he doesn't draw Lisa every time, so what?
I think we've all *got* your point by now. And i readed the thread very carefully, but i didint see anyone complaining about what Kang draws. So keep it nice.

Oh, about the picture: The only thing wrong imho is the perspective of the shelter. For the rest, i don't know if to be amazed more by the background or by the characters. As Ekko said, you're really bringing it up to another level Kang, something none of us managed to do yet, so congratulations.
Last edited by Marco on Sun Jul 31, 2005 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ekko
Technical Supervisor
Technical Supervisor

Post by Ekko » Sun Jul 31, 2005 4:47 pm

No! You don't get it! How can I explain it to you without repeating myself? (AND without being hated, which, at this point, I think I am)

Maybe you can judge with replies and the time of replies against fanart involving Lisa?
Last edited by Ekko on Sun Jul 31, 2005 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SirMustapha
Junior Secretariat
Junior Secretariat

Post by SirMustapha » Sun Jul 31, 2005 9:07 pm

Ekko wrote: Even if he likes to draw himself and his girlfriend more than anything else, so what? If he doesn't draw Lisa every time, so what?
And if we don't like it, so what?

And just why did you burst into that rant? I thought Kang was getting praised in this thread. And well deserved praises, indeed - those pictures are beautiful and very well-drawn. You're not trying to argue with us for something that happened many months ago, are you?
"I know that the bourgeoisie stinks, but it has money to buy perfume."
-- Falcão
Ekko
Technical Supervisor
Technical Supervisor

Post by Ekko » Sun Jul 31, 2005 9:17 pm

Ah, this scene is getting old. I'll just keep my opinions to my self from now on...

*Goes back to being a faceless member*
KANG

Post by KANG » Wed Aug 03, 2005 12:13 pm

I guess it is not really ment to draw my girlfriend and myselfe in other rolls I just drew a pair of two cats lovin´ each other.  ;) Also Scrooge and Goldy aren´t and idea of mine, hehe!

I want to thank everybody for the comments so far. Here goes a picture I drew in May this year. It´s my best portrait of a starlight Express character. She´s called Martina, she´s hip, she´s powerful and she has now idea why she is on this picture! Just a simple portrait I am very satisifed with!  :)

Last edited by KANG on Wed Aug 10, 2005 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
D.B.
Sub Lt
Sub Lt

Post by D.B. » Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:41 pm

The furry one: Hmm... sorry man, this really doesn't work for me. I think they should either look more feline (i.e. be cats with human aspects) or more human (i.e. be human with a few catty aspects). As it is, I think it just looks a bit awkward. Especially their legs/feet  :-\

The Ducktales one: I'm jealous of this one. How on earth do you draw their faces so on model? The background is cool too.

The Starlight Express one: Whoa...the face and hair are most impressive, as is the shading. I think it's some of the best stuff I've seen by you. Whatever you were doing when you drew this one, I advise you to do it more often  ;D
"The way to succeed is to get born at the right time and in the right place. If you can do that then you are bound to succeed. You have to be receptive and have some talent as well."
- Sydney Brenner
KANG

Post by KANG » Wed Aug 10, 2005 3:50 pm

D.B. wrote: Whatever you were doing when you drew this one, I advise you to do it more often  ;D
Thanks, still were doing "whatever I do" when I draw the Martina-picture! And I hope I´ll finish it, soon!

Any more oppinions?  :)
KANG

Post by KANG » Mon Aug 22, 2005 4:02 pm

Any... more... opinions...? More opinions any? Mapinions ony aore?  :'( :'(

Well, here´s the new stuff I was talking about, hope you like it...