Hit&Run

Discuss The Simpsons, Futurama and other Groening related stuff. Remember Life in Hell?
Forum rules
When posting reviews of new episodes, please be sure to add "REVIEW:" to the start of your title so the software knows that it's a review.
Bartman101
New SNPP Employee
New SNPP Employee

Re: Hit&Run

Post by Bartman101 » Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:40 pm

Yea i like itchy& scratchy
Hellfish
Safety Technician
Safety Technician

Post by Hellfish » Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:19 pm

Immaterial wrote: I haven't played "Hit & Run", though I've heard many good things about it. It's just not my kind of game. In fact, the only Simpsons game I've ever played is the old "Bart Simpson vs. the World", which isn't very memorable.

In my opinion, a LucasArts-style adventure game would be great. As if that's ever going to happen...
There is the possibility for an fanmade adventure game if anyone skilled Adventure Game Studio were to use DiPerla(I don't remember his full name, but he posted here about it quite some time ago)'s template to do something with. Or we could try to persuade Telltale games to take on the Simpsons after Sam'n'Max 2  :P.

Oh yes, Hit & Run.. Great game, if you have the rig for it. I only got to about Marges second mission before it was choppy beyond playability. Lisa's level was great fun,though.
And what's the deal with traffic theory?
papa smurf
Trainee Technician
Trainee Technician

Post by papa smurf » Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:08 pm

Whats that one game where your bart and everyone else is an alien i forgot about that one until just now....... That is the greatest simpsons game ever!
Smurfs are CRAZY GOOD!..................................  i love  me some smurfs. well i guess 0 is better then -2...... not a much better mind you,... but a little
The Great Malinko
New SNPP Employee
New SNPP Employee

Post by The Great Malinko » Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:52 pm

Vulgaris Prime wrote:
The Great Malinko wrote: I would like to see a simpson Rpg video game that would be all of awesome. ;)
A licensed RPG?  Aren't other licensed games bad enough?

(I was going to ask if anyone's ever made a licensed RPG, but I can already think of one, so scratch that thought...)
Come now have you forgotten The Greatest Game Ever starwars kinghts of the old repubilc 1 and 2 that was the greatest :)
Use the Force
Casper
Senior Technical Supervisor
Location: England. Oldham, just to the North West of Manchester.

Post by Casper » Wed Nov 02, 2005 6:40 pm

Whats that one game where your bart and everyone else is an alien i forgot about that one until just now....... That is the greatest simpsons game ever!
I know which one you mean, though I dont know for what platform.
I think it was called "Simpsons vs the Mutant aliens" or some like that. I had it for Amiga a very long time ago.

I dont know how you can say it was the best game ever... I mean, memory cards for PS ones have more megabyte-things that the entier Amiga did!
It was a very fun game at the time for sure!
Simpsons : Realities
Dedicated to SR
"In The Shadow Of Our Pale Companion" - Agalloch
Tigersrock144

Post by Tigersrock144 » Wed Nov 02, 2005 6:59 pm

hehe I have random Bart games.  Both Bart Vs.... ones and a random Bart one where it picks out different games randomly.  It was very random X)
If you wish to add me on your msn contact list, Please notify me first by sending me a note or something
Thank you
Bartman101
New SNPP Employee
New SNPP Employee

Post by Bartman101 » Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:48 pm

never herd of it
Vulgaris_Prime
Trainee Technician
Trainee Technician

Post by Vulgaris_Prime » Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:11 am

papa smurf wrote: Whats that one game where your bart and everyone else is an alien i forgot about that one until just now....... That is the greatest simpsons game ever!
That would be Bart vs. the Space Mutants.
The Great Malinko wrote: Come now have you forgotten The Greatest Game Ever starwars kinghts of the old repubilc 1 and 2 that was the greatest :)
I dispute your claim and submit that Super Mario 64 more deserves the title.
Back from the dead!
Casper
Location: England. Oldham, just to the North West of Manchester.

Post by Casper » Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:24 pm

I'll be a right plep and state that Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas is the best game ever. Millions of people are going to disagree with me, and I dont see why.

I think its because people prefer simpler games, or the fact that GTA is trying to be everything instead of one thing.

I think its the best game ever, because no other game can do all that. And even then the closest thing to it is the other GTA games. In short, there is something for pretty much everyone. And who wouldnt want to shoot drug dealers from a modified beemer?

That being said, I think its the best game ever, I didnt say it was my favurate.
Simpsons : Realities
Dedicated to SR
"In The Shadow Of Our Pale Companion" - Agalloch
Seshennu
Trainee Technician
Trainee Technician

Post by Seshennu » Thu Nov 03, 2005 2:29 pm

Millions of people are going to disagree with me, and I dont see why.
Because Sonic the Hedgehog 2 totally beats every game in existance, hands-down.

The first and best video game I ever played... I was a fangirl before I was in kindergarten. XD
Wuzzuh? You mean she frequents the Pit?
Gazmanafc
Safety Technician
Safety Technician

Post by Gazmanafc » Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:40 pm

The Great Malinko wrote: I would like to see a simpson Rpg video game that would be all of awesome. ;)
I'm in the process of making a Simpsons Fan RPG. It's not official, buts its an RPG isnt it? ;)

And this may be of a good read for you
Robbie
Trainee Technician
Trainee Technician

Post by Robbie » Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:54 pm

Oh great. Yet another franchise for EA to milk until it bleeds with mediorce games...
I think this is sick. You're staring at a dot!
Seshennu
Trainee Technician
Trainee Technician

Post by Seshennu » Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:58 pm

Oh great. Yet another franchise for EA to milk until it bleeds with mediorce games...
EA put out the Sims 2, and I wouldn't call that mediocre.  (Although, the way it was left open for added individuality probably helped someinfinitely...)
archonix
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Post by archonix » Thu Nov 03, 2005 6:23 pm

The Sims was made by Maxi, EA were merely the publisher. Besides, The Sims isn't a tie-in... most EA games of suckage are tie-ins or sports titles.
Our choicest plans have fallen through, our airiest castles tumbled over, because of lines we neatly drew and later neatly stumbled over.
— Piet Hein - Grooks
Seshennu
Trainee Technician
Trainee Technician

Post by Seshennu » Thu Nov 03, 2005 6:38 pm

That so? I knew Maxis developed it, but I figured EA Games had a bigger role than just publisher, seeing as their logo is on the box in four different places, and it's the first thing that you see when you load up the game.

But it looks like it's just ego-stroking...